• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

RESOLVED App Doesn't Wake Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

roKapl99

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
When my Touring is charging and I open the app (on Pixel 6 pro) it connects almost instantaneously. When the charging stops, charging cable still connected the car does not wake. As soon as charging starts again the app can connect. Any ideas why the car doesn't wake when it is not charging?

It should wake, it might take some time. I've had it take up to like 1 min 30 seconds at times. I think it tries to connect/wake in 30 second intervals (occasionally it won't wake in the first 'cycle' and will retry until it eventually wakes).

When my Touring is charging and I open the app (on Pixel 6 pro) it connects almost instantaneously. When the charging stops, charging cable still connected the car does not wake. As soon as charging starts again the app can connect. Any ideas why the car doesn't wake when it is not charging?
Do you have mobile key set it up on your phone? If you do, delete it and do the set up again. If you don’t, take a look at the FAQs on www.lucidupdates.com for information on specific problems such as this.

It should wake, it might take some time. I've had it take up to like 1 min 30 seconds at times. I think it tries to connect/wake in 30 second intervals (occasionally it won't wake in the first 'cycle' and will retry until it eventually wakes).
I've waited for several minutes, multiple thirty second cycles. Never wakes.

I checked the FAQs. I did not see any items addressing app connectivity.

It happens on my phone, Pixel 6 pro, my wife's phone, Pixel 7 pro, and my Samsung tablet. All have the same behavior. They connect while car is charging but when the charging cycle completed and the car is in sleep state it never wakes.

It happens on my phone, Pixel 6 pro, my wife's phone, Pixel 7 pro, and my Samsung tablet. All have the same behavior. They connect while car is charging but when the charging cycle completed and the car is in sleep state it never wakes.
Are you at home with all mentioned devices connected to home wifi? If so out of curiosity try via the cellular data network instead.

Good suggestion, but I have already tried that. Same result. I'm suspecting it has something to do with the wake interrupt handling on the car or Android OS handshake interface.

Good suggestion, but I have already tried that. Same result. I'm suspecting it has something to do with the wake interrupt handling on the car or Android OS handshake interface.

I have iOS and mine will wake when it's done charging. It's fussy with the iPhone app but it will work. Sometimes it does take a few tries. Oddly the Apple Watch app wakes it successfully on the first try and also works much better at turning on the climate control remotely. Anyway, all that to say it does work with iOS so perhaps it's something to do with Android?

Hmm.
1. Do you have mobile key setup on your phone?
2. Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling the app and granting it full permissions?
3. Have you tried toggling out of the main 'connecting to vehicle' screen and gone to another screen such as the maps?
4. Is it essentially just infinitely stuck on 'Connecting to Vehicle' or does it display something else?

I have a Pixel 7 Pro and haven't ran into your issue yet at all.

Not sure about it being OS/device related. I'm guessing the app does not connect directly with the car but communicates via a Lucid housed server farm. That is, the app opens a connection to the Lucid server which "knows" the car to associate with that request from the app's login info. The server sends the app the last update it received from the car and also checks the status of the car. If the status is sleeping it sends a wake message to the car and concurrently "tells" the app it is waking the car. So, not sure why the car isn't waking.

Hmm.
2. Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling the app and granting it full permissions?
3. Have you tried toggling out of the main 'connecting to vehicle' screen and gone to another screen such as the maps?
4. Is it essentially just infinitely stuck on 'Connecting to Vehicle' or does it display something else?

I have a Pixel 7 Pro and haven't ran into your issue yet at all.
Yes on my phone, Yes on my wife's phone, not on my tablet.

Yup!
Yup!
Cycles the waiting message, it might take 30 secs, then after a few minutes no message.

Also, I'm in a condo. The car is in an indoor garage on the building's WIFI which is not a strong signal. Strong enough to get Sirius/xm, Spotify, etc when I get in the car. I wondering if when the car is sleeping it ends up dropping the WIFI connection, but picks it up again when a charging cycle starts, waking the car.

When charging, the car wakes up and uses WiFi, when available. Other times when not charging the car goes to sleep and only wakes up via cellular. If you have poor cellular service in you garage, it may take more than 30sec to wake car up. Unfortunately, the app stops trying after 30 seconds.

I have iOS and mine will wake when it's done charging. It's fussy with the iPhone app but it will work. Sometimes it does take a few tries. Oddly the Apple Watch app wakes it successfully on the first try and also works much better at turning on the climate control remotely. Anyway, all that to say it does work with iOS so perhaps it's something to do with Android?
That's very strange, because the Apple Watch does not work independently. It uses the phone's app as a "remote" of sorts.

When charging, the car wakes up and uses WiFi, when available. Other times when not charging the car goes to sleep and only wakes up via cellular. If you have poor cellular service in you garage, it may take more than 30sec to wake car up. Unfortunately, the app stops trying after 30 seconds.
That is probably what is going on. Non-existent cellular in the condo garage. Doesn't impact get/making calls on our Pixels phone which all have WIFI calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back