• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

RESOLVED App Doesn't Wake Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know ugh. Same in Dallas and I always pre-cool which will not be an option today until they fix it. I hope the engineers didn't take a long weekend lol.
Yes, read about the heat in your area. Hope it'll pass quickly and no major power grid issue.
This is one reason I'm exploring getting a generator.

Customer care told me they are aware of and working on the app issue
Curious why this happened. The car and the app have not been updated; so simple thinking would say everything is the same. Yet they are suddenly incommunicado to each other.

Curious why this happened. The car and the app have not been updated; so simple thinking would say everything is the same. Yet they are suddenly incommunicado to each other.
Server issue. All will be well. Give it time, it’s a holiday.

Servers crash. Especially when they are being hit by thousands of cars trying to download a 5GB update.

They will get them back up and running.

Yep. Not a big deal at all for me as we tend to use the fobs anyway.
Lucid‘s server being down has nothing to do with mobile key. You can still use mobile key since it has a Bluetooth protocol that makes a direct connection between your phone and the car. That said, you will not be able to wake the car using the app function if the server is down.

Servers crash. Especially when they are being hit by thousands of cars trying to download a 5GB update.

They will get them back up and running.
Yep, that'd do it. I forgot that important link.
Thanks.

Lucid‘s server being down has nothing to do with mobile key. You can still use mobile key since it has a Bluetooth protocol that makes a direct connection between your phone and the car. That said, you will not be able to wake the car using the app function if the server is down.
Don't laugh but I used the mobile key maybe 3 times when we first got the car. Henceforth, fobs.

Don't laugh but I used the mobile key maybe 3 times when we first got the car. Henceforth, fobs.
I will be the first to admit that the fob is more reliable and opens the car from a greater distance. That said, I don’t like to carry an extra item and I don’t like the idea that the batteries in the fobs seem to die too quickly.

After driving the car last night, I checked the SoC on the app.
Didn't see much change so I was impressed with myself for doing such a good job with regenerative braking, not knowing about the server being down.
My confidence bubble is now bursted.

This forum is great. I was trying to troubleshoot the same problem and decided to come here to figure it out

This forum is great. I was trying to troubleshoot the same problem and decided to come here to figure it out
Agree.
No ads.
Volunteer mods.
They don't even publicize that members can contribute to the operating cost by becoming a supporting member, and I only learned this from @Tesla2.0 .

I just received this via chat. I suggest everyone open a ticket so they can see the importance of keeping this system up.

"We understand that this is frustrating for many Lucid owners and we apologize for the inconvenience. Our Software Team has not informed us of a resolution yet. As soon as new information becomes available to us, we will be able to share that with Lucid owners. As this is a live messaging session, the chat can be ended if there is no further response. However, I can assure you that everything is documented in your account and that a ticket is currently opened for you."

This is customer support responses:

Good Morning. Our Internal Teams are aware of this concern. I'd recommend using the key fob in tandem with the Lucid Key Card as a backup until the issue can be resolved.

They are currently working on resolving this issue, but at this time there isn't an ETA

Mobile key is working on my android phone. Just the app won't wake the car as others have stated.

Everything seems to be working again. There was no need for panic. Enjoy the holiday!
Yep, all good on my end. Lucid app finally connected back and wakes car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back