App is slow to wake car

UI on this vehicle is piss poor. It's sad. Looks beautiful. It's way more comfortable than teslas, but where is the market research to equal functionality to that of tesla.

I got lured in by the android auto in the pipeline but that's never going to happen. Let's not kid ourselves. My car unlocks when I don't have a key on me. Doesn't unlock when my phone is in my pocket. The key fobs are spotty at best. It's frustrating. Only have had the car for just under three months
You should have tried UX1.0. What we have now is night and day. Does it still lack a lot of features we all desire? Yes, for sure. But I wouldn't call it 'piss poor.'

Also, they announced AA is coming this fall.

UI on this vehicle is piss poor. It's sad. Looks beautiful. It's way more comfortable than teslas, but where is the market research to equal functionality to that of tesla.

I got lured in by the android auto in the pipeline but that's never going to happen. Let's not kid ourselves. My car unlocks when I don't have a key on me. Doesn't unlock when my phone is in my pocket. The key fobs are spotty at best. It's frustrating. Only have had the car for just under three months
If UX was that important to you and you wanted the Tesla UX, you should have gotten a Tesla.

Define “equal functionality.” I have everything I personally need out of the Lucid software. Some more features would be nice, but I don’t need “equal functionality.” If fart mode never arrives, I’m perfectly fine with that. Others may want it. That’s okay too.

I got lured in by the android auto in the pipeline but that's never going to happen. Let's not kid ourselves.
They announced it’s coming this fall; no need to kid yourself.

My car unlocks when I don't have a key on me.
This is impossible, but if this is happening, then either you lost a fob in your car, your mobile key is setup and your phone is on you, or you imminently need service.

The car should *never* unlock without a key present or you manually waking it from the app or API. Mine has never done this, and there has never been another report of this we’ve seen.

So if it is really happening, call service immediately.

Doesn't unlock when my phone is in my pocket.
Have you tried the troubleshooting steps for mobile key listed elsewhere on this forum?

The key fobs are spotty at best. It's frustrating. Only have had the car for just under three months
Have you tried replacing the batteries with non-bitterant coated ones? You can also just wipe them down with alcohol to remove any bitterant coating.

Is it just me or the app is even slower now than ever in waking up the car?
ever since I configured the Mobile key, the "waking up vehicle" is timing out.

I have never seen this message until now, and i have tried 3 times already to wake up the car.

tempFileForShare_20240804-145324.webp

I see that occasionally but retry usually work. Do you have a strong cellular connectivity where it is parked? The car uses ATT LTE.

I see that occasionally but retry usually work. Do you have a strong cellular connectivity where it is parked? The car uses ATT LTELTE
I've tried several parking locations (home and office) with same results
The reception in both locations is fairly good.

We don't have ATT lTE in Saudi, I use STC LTE 5g which is an equivalent as it has the best coverage.

I've tried several parking locations (home and office) with same results
The reception in both locations is fairly good.

We don't have ATT lTE in Saudi, I use STC LTE 5g which is an equivalent as it has the best coverage.
Same issue, parked in front of the house with strong cellular connectivity. It never timed out on me before, the issue started about 3-4 months ago . Contacted customer support and they said a restart might help. I think restarts help, but the app still fails to wake up the car 50% of the time, especially in the morning (when the car has been sleeping for a while).

What are you trying to do? Also, you say mobile key but what you are describing is the app function and not the mobile key function. Those are 2 separate things.
The problem of it taking so long to wake up has to be resolved. I don’t like takin a key fob or a credit card. I prefer the app. But it can take many minutes to wake the car. That is a real problem. Big enough to cause me not to buy a Gravity. LUCID….Please listen.

Nothing you have discussed is related to mobile key. I have therefore changed the title of your post from: ‘Mobile Key is Disappointing’ to ‘App is Slow to Wake Car.’

Also, a quick search will show that this has been discussed numerous times and is already on the wishlist.
This problem continues. This is one reason i may not purchase a Gravity. If they can’t get the basic software right, the long term success of the company is very limited.

The problem of it taking so long to wake up has to be resolved. I don’t like takin a key fob or a credit card. I prefer the app. But it can take many minutes to wake the car. That is a real problem. Big enough to cause me not to buy a Gravity. LUCID….Please listen.

Are you saying the app takes several minutes to wake the car up? It’s a tad slow but TBH, mine has never taken several minutes. Don’t mean to be too judgmental, but if this issue prevents you from wanting to purchase a Gravity, you are esssentially ignoring everything that is brilliant about the vehicle and focusing on something quite minor.

This problem continues. This is one reason i may not purchase a Gravity. If they can’t get the basic software right, the long term success of the company is very limited.
Agree , should be improved, but a deal breaker? That’s ignoring all the other great features Gravity will have- range, space, efficiency, performance, UX 3.0….

The real question is what are you doing so often with the app that makes it a deal breaker?...

Agree , should be improved, but a deal breaker? That’s ignoring all the other great features Gravity will have- range, space, efficiency, performance, UX 3.0….
Gravity will also have a new access control system compared to the Air. I expect Lucid learned from the Air and we will see much fewer issues with Gravity.

The real question is what are you doing so often with the app that makes it a deal breaker?...
I'm not him, but something that has been frustrating me recently is not being able to turn on the AC from the app. It's peak summer here in Riyadh, and the AC needs to be on for at least 20-25 mins before it can be bearable to drive (even with sunshades and tinted windows). The app is stuck on "waking up the vehicle" or "vehicle offline" and I cannot do anything with it. The app fails to wake the car more than 50% of the time. What's even more frustrating is sometimes I'd go to the car and find out it is actually on (the battery fans are on full blast) but the AC is off. Got a Samsung phone if that makes a difference (contacted CS and they said try a restart..).

Sidebar question...the ATT LTE network access that our Airs have, will it ever turn into a monthly or annual fee or may I expect the car to have that connection for free for life?

Sidebar question...the ATT LTE network access that our Airs have, will it ever turn into a monthly or annual fee or may I expect the car to have that connection for free for life?
unknown

It's really nice to stand awkwardly next to the car for 2 minutes with bags of groceries waiting for the car to wake up.

It's really nice to stand awkwardly next to the car for 2 minutes with bags of groceries waiting for the car to wake up.
Are you using an iPhone? I'm happy to help you make it work better. Mine has never taken more than three seconds. Message me.

Are you using an iPhone? I'm happy to help you make it work better. Mine has never taken more than three seconds. Message me.
iPhone yeah, usually about 3 seconds for me as well but once in a while there's no response.

Back