Anyone else getting better than EPA for rated 100% (not actual!)

EZEVDriver

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring, Model X
After 2000 miles, my rated 100% range is always above the 425 for an AT with 19” wheels. In fact, regardless of whether I am at 90% charge or 30%, I will arrive at a non-official rated range of between 433 or 438 miles. Of course, when I multiply miles/kWh by battery size, I get a projected range of 359 miles - as expected.

As an example, right now I have 287 miles remaining, a figure supposedly based on the EPA rating of 425. The percentage of battery remaining is 66%. So 287 / 0.66 = 434.8, not the EPA rated range. Anyone else? Not complaining, just curious.

Rarely have I seen a number close to EPA, much less above. Recently put on 19s. Those absolutely sip electrons though my driving may be fractionally less aggressive.

I suggest really exploring the extent of the power even with the slower Touring trim. This car has a dual personality. Some days you can't hardly dig in enough while others a gentle cruise suffices.

Rarely have I seen a number close to EPA, much less above. Recently put on 19s
Neither have I. It’s that my rated range used for calculations of miles remaining seems to be a number higher than the EPA range estimate, which is impossible, of course, to actually get except for going downhill a lot. I’m just wondering why my 100% seems to 433-438 miles.

Then I have no idea what you are referring to. Do you have a picture to show?

When you compare your estimated miles remaining with the battery percentage remaining, you should come up with the EPA rated 425 miles range, if you have an Air Touring with 19” wheels.

So, in the two attachments, one shows miles remaining and the other battery percentage. So 268 / 0.61 = 439.34, a little higher than usual, but that’s also because we’re using whole numbers (268 and 61%), so it fluctuates. But you would expect the miles remaining to have been calculated by Lucid to ensure that at 100% it will equal 425 miles range. Another way of thinking about it is that 268/425 = battery percentage remaining = 63%, not 61%!

So somehow Lucid is giving me a higher “ideal” rating of 439 to perform its calculation of 268 miles remaining. Obviously, the battery percentage remaining is drawn from actual data, not idealized data, but I like to rely on miles remaining, because that’s how I think when I take a trip. IRL, it doesn’t really affect anything, but I just got curious.

Attachments

• IMG_9279.jpeg
    IMG_9279.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9280.jpeg
    IMG_9280.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 109
Okay. I see what you are saying now.

You are not accounting for the battery pack size: 92kw. Thus, calculations would be battery pack size x percentage remaining x EPA rated range = estimated remaining miles.

Okay. I see what you are saying now.

You are not accounting for the battery pack size: 92kw. Thus, calculations would be battery pack size x percentage remaining x EPA rated range = estimated remaining miles.

92 x 0.61 *425? That can’t be. Regardless, only a few people have replied, so maybe it’s time to let the thread die a natural death. I should just be happy with my extra estimated remaining miles that I did nothing to deserve. :)

92 x .61 x 4.62 (EPA 425 / Battery Pack 92 kWh) = 259 miles.

Right. You're calculations are correct. But my screenshot shows 268 miles remaining.

I think I know what you mean. I have a GT and while at first a full charge would show 516, after my first month of driving it was only showing 496 on a full charge. When I played with getting the best range it showed 532.

I think I know what you mean. I have a GT and while at first a full charge would show 516, after my first month of driving it was only showing 496 on a full charge. When I played with getting the best range it showed 532.
I didn’t think I was crazy. :)

My range remaining divided by battery percentage is consistently around 530 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: DBV
I’ve been very pleasantly surprised by my efficiency #s, especially since it was an area of concern for me based on some of the things I’ve seen in different discussions here. We took a drive today of about 100 miles and I ended at 4.5m/kWh. Granted the weather was perfect with temps in the 70s and my speed was about 65, but still. My lifetime efficiency, although only a bit over 400 miles, sits at 4.3m/kWh.

I have always been impressed with my RWD i4 for its efficiency, but the Lucid is definitely doing better. I continue to be extremely impressed with almost every aspect of the car.

I’ve been very pleasantly surprised by my efficiency #s, especially since it was an area of concern for me based on some of the things I’ve seen in different discussions here. We took a drive today of about 100 miles and I ended at 4.5m/kWh. Granted the weather was perfect with temps in the 70s and my speed was about 65, but still. My lifetime efficiency, although only a bit over 400 miles, sits at 4.3m/kWh.

I have always been impressed with my RWD i4 for its efficiency, but the Lucid is definitely doing better. I continue to be extremely impressed with almost every aspect of the car.
A lot of folks here claim that "everyone" drives 90 mph 24 hours a day where they live. I find this specious, at best.

I recently did a run through Wyoming and Montana, where the speed limit was 80. And even there most people there were driving—about 85. There's an upper limit to where most regular folks are comfortable moving.

Sure, I like to drive my car like I stole it every now and then for kicks. But I don't come back here at that point and complain I "only" got 3.2 mi/kWh.

If you drive a gas car at over 90 mph, you won't be getting EPA milage, either.

It is worth noting, though, that In Lucid's own testing, the Touring did slightly better in efficiency than either the GT or the Pure. Not sure why that is. I think a lot of us are seeing 3.8 without trying. And many of us are regularly getting over 4. Almost no GT drivers here are claiming that.

Either way, any Air gets you further on a charge than any other EV on the market at the moment. Which is wonderful.

After 2000 miles, my rated 100% range is always above the 425 for an AT with 19” wheels. In fact, regardless of whether I am at 90% charge or 30%, I will arrive at a non-official rated range of between 433 or 438 miles. Of course, when I multiply miles/kWh by battery size, I get a projected range of 359 miles - as expected.

As an example, right now I have 287 miles remaining, a figure supposedly based on the EPA rating of 425. The percentage of battery remaining is 66%. So 287 / 0.66 = 434.8, not the EPA rated range. Anyone else? Not complaining, just curious.
When I ordered my car, I did so with the 20" wheels. No where did they state that putting on larger wheels lowers the rated mileage.... and from a simple physics perspective, I cannot understand how the mileage goes DOWN with larger wheels.... it should technically go up. Anyways, my supposed official range is 384 miles. But after about 2000 miles of charging, my max range fell to 377 - and Lucid told me that is within limits.

Last weekend, I went downtown Houston with the family. I had 189 miles showing. It was hot! Very hot! Within 35 miles of driving the range was down to around 100. Put on another 15 miles, and the range was down to 51. Had to find an EA charging station - zapped in 100 miles in 10 mins...and made it back home.

When I ordered my car, I did so with the 20" wheels. No where did they state that putting on larger wheels lowers the rated mileage.... and from a simple physics perspective, I cannot understand how the mileage goes DOWN with larger wheels.... it should technically go up. Anyways, my supposed official range is 384 miles. But after about 2000 miles of charging, my max range fell to 377 - and Lucid told me that is within limits.

Last weekend, I went downtown Houston with the family. I had 189 miles showing. It was hot! Very hot! Within 35 miles of driving the range was down to around 100. Put on another 15 miles, and the range was down to 51. Had to find an EA charging station - zapped in 100 miles in 10 mins...and made it back home.
The 20s are summer tires, the 19s are all season. If you found some 20s all season it'd probably get closer to the 19s.

A lot of folks here claim that "everyone" drives 90 mph 24 hours a day where they live. I find this specious, at best.

I recently did a run through Wyoming and Montana, where the speed limit was 80. And even there most people there were driving—about 85. There's an upper limit to where most regular folks are comfortable moving.

Sure, I like to drive my car like I stole it every now and then for kicks. But I don't come back here at that point and complain I "only" got 3.2 mi/kWh.

If you drive a gas car at over 90 mph, you won't be getting EPA milage, either.

It is worth noting, though, that In Lucid's own testing, the Touring did slightly better in efficiency than either the GT or the Pure. Not sure why that is. I think a lot of us are seeing 3.8 without trying. And many of us are regularly getting over 4. Almost no GT drivers here are claiming that.

Either way, any Air gets you further on a charge than any other EV on the market at the moment. Which is wonderful.
My favorite efficiency is 1.8 mi/kWh 😈

Also the "miles remaining" is pretty wrong. That's why most people here just use % or navigation (it tells you % battery on arrival) and it's pretty accurate

Back