EPA efficiency rating confusion

The miles remaining in nav and also your total miles available in your dash is using EPA efficiency, not your normal usage
Just to clarify, the miles remaining on arrival, in nav, does take other factors into account; it’s actually very very accurate and does not use the EPA efficiency.

The total miles available (range) on the dash does not take other factors into account, and instead uses EPA efficiency.

I agree it’s confusing.

Just to clarify, the miles remaining on arrival, in nav, does take other factors into account; it’s actually very very accurate and does not use the EPA efficiency.

The total miles available (range) on the dash does not take other factors into account, and instead uses EPA efficiency.

I agree it’s confusing.
That is why I always use percent of battery on the display rather than range. I can calculate range from the percent using my historical efficiency. The miles to destination is actually very accurate and I use this on trips.

That is why I always use percent of battery on the display rather than range. I can calculate range from the percent using my historical efficiency. The miles to destination is actually very accurate and I use this on trips.
Same. I’ve found I can count on my own calculations to be pretty accurate when I plug in the efficiency I’ve been getting on that day’s drive. And adjust as that number adjusts.

I only have 300 miles on my AT and all of it has been in rainstorms. But the best I managed was 3.2 in smooth mode on 20" wheels. I forgot where i saw it but I thought the total range was around 384 miles for AT on 20s.

At any rate I'm at about 276 miles in total range. I'd love to get your mileage. Teach me your ways!
  • Ensure High Regen is enabled for brakes.
  • Minimize your Heat or A/C use.
  • Ensure your tires are properly inflated (don't underestimate the impact of this)
  • I drive 90% of the time "city driving" between speeds of 40-60 mph, 10% of the time "highway" 70-80 mph.
  • Accelerate reasonably
  • Tip: Disable Passive Unlock (this eliminates any inadvertent "wake-ups" by your Lucid while you're at home walking around and your FOB or App is open or in the background with Bluetooth enabled).
Also, don't pay attention to "Since Last Charge". It muddles phantom drain with driving efficiency. Use "Trip A" or "Trip B", keeping one for lifetime miles driven.

Let me know how it goes!

I wish there were a breakdown display showing short term draw by different systems. Like, show momentary wattage drawn by (or produced by in case of regen) motors vs HVAC vs infotainment and other small systems, then a “past 5 minutes” average. Seems like that would really help me train myself to optimize the right things on a road trip rather than making assumptions. Definitely not a feature I would prioritize though, just something that would feed my nerdy engineer’s desire for optimization.

I wish there were a breakdown display showing short term draw by different systems. Like, show momentary wattage drawn by (or produced by in case of regen) motors vs HVAC vs infotainment and other small systems, then a “past 5 minutes” average. Seems like that would really help me train myself to optimize the right things on a road trip rather than making assumptions. Definitely not a feature I would prioritize though, just something that would feed my nerdy engineer’s desire for optimization.
Much info about this can be found at www.lucidupdates.com.

Back