Any minds changed about getting Air due to this forum?

Ha Ha I remember Peter Saying they cannot source Carpet hence this quality And why they could not deliver 24K. I saw an EQS Up Close and really did not like the shape. I am not so sure about the front of the Lucid either but I like it better than the EQS. I Would suspect the heavier weight and damping in the EQS is the reason for the ride. I am not buying it to sit in the back seat and not really a S-Class guy. Interesting then that despite all that the EQS is cheaper. I thought the Lucid leather seats were the bomb but OK, nice is nice. I like that the back seat folds In the Lucid. Maybe Lucid will offer to redo the Carpet. When did you get your GT. Not sure if the Carpet has improved.
No the carpet is excellent, it’s the plastic housings on the edge of the door sills that cover where the carpet inserts into the door sill that are terrible. I’ll post a pic later, it’s hard to describe.

The front of the Lucid to me is its best quality. I basically hate the front of just about every other car on the market. And especially every EV on the market. Lucid seems to be the only company that knew what to do when you no longer need a “grill.”

The side / back angle of the Lucid I’m a little less enthused about. But I get the tradeoff of the trunk lines to get that unbroken taillight. And the wider opening is super convenient for a bass player like me.

No the carpet is excellent, it’s the plastic housings on the edge of the door sills that cover where the carpet inserts into the door sill that are terrible. I’ll post a pic later, it’s hard to describe.
That's weird, mine seem fine? I mean it does its job? I don't know what people mean by shit quality? I'm so confused right now o_O

That's weird, mine seem fine? I mean it does its job? I don't know what people mean by shit quality? I'm so confused right now o_O
Mine aren’t aligned and if you touch it it feels super flimsy like it’s about to come off, like kids toy plastic. I’ll post a pic later. It’s such a subtle never-looked at part of the car it barely even matters, it was just something I noticed when trying to figure out why my carpet got wet haha.

I agree, the plastic feels flimsy and it's got a gap in it where the floor piece meets the pillar piece I reached out to Lucid to say it's not flush and they sent me pics of other cars in the Service Center with the exact issue saying "this is how it's supposed to be" so that request got ignored. lol. You can see in the image where the 2 pieces join there is a gap and I assumed it wasn’t clipped in properly.

Attachments

• C9C718A5-E129-4B3C-9572-E9D816D3B6E6.jpeg
    C9C718A5-E129-4B3C-9572-E9D816D3B6E6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 184
I agree, the plastic feels flimsy and it's got a gap in it where the floor piece meets the pillar piece I reached out to Lucid to say it's not flush and they sent me pics of other cars in the Service Center with the exact issue saying "this is how it's supposed to be" so that request got ignored. lol. You can see in the image where the 2 pieces join there is a gap and I assumed it wasn’t clipped in properly.
That is clearly off, but every time I think I should reconsider the Santa Cruz I say, damn, that looks nice!

The front of the Lucid to me is its best quality. I basically hate the front of just about every other car on the market. And especially every EV on the market. Lucid seems to be the only company that knew what to do when you no longer need a “grill.”

The side / back angle of the Lucid I’m a little less enthused about. But I get the tradeoff of the trunk lines to get that unbroken taillight. And the wider opening is super convenient for a bass player like me.
Bass or double bass? The only reason I ask is my son's padded double bass case makes it too tall to fit in the trunk. The smaller case we keep at school but I am pretty sure it will fit. My daughter has a hard full sized cello case and it easily fits.

Bass or double bass? The only reason I ask is my son's padded double bass case makes it too tall to fit in the trunk. The smaller case we keep at school but I am pretty sure it will fit. My daughter has a hard full sized cello case and it easily fits.
Electric bass. Yeah, double bass players are pretty much screwed when it comes to transportation. I always felt for the folks having to lug their big fiddles on the NYC subway when I was living there.

Oh okay, yea mine is like that too and frankly I LOVE that it's plastic. It's super easy to clean from my kids stepping on it. If it were carpet all the eay to the edge I would loathe that finish.

Interesting because I for now am in the opposite camp, love the side and the back. Especially not enthused about that Silver strip they have added BUT Like it compared to the EQS’ Front or the BMW 7Series they are bringing out.

I very much appreciate four standard features in my Taycan 4 Cross Turismo - the 800v architecture, the two-speed transmission, the blended friction/regen braking system, and the air suspension. The Taycan's clunky UI and glitchy software had me looking for an alternative after a few months of ownership. I placed a reservation for an Air Pure, but after lurking on this forum for a couple of months I am reconsidering that decision. The reported software issues on the forum have me doubting if the Lucid will represent an improvement over the Taycan. I also made an assumption that the Lucid Air would have air suspension, which I learned was not the case after joining the forum. Ride quality differences between conventional and air suspension are not an issue. But I need more than the 11 degree approach angle to comfortably enter/exit my drive. The final nail in the coffin is Lucid's lack of presence in Pennsylvania and lack of trade-in option. Missing out on the Sales Tax offset at a PA sales center is another negative factor.
There are several people here who own both a GT and a Taycan and I haven’t heard anyone say that the Taycan is superior overall. Marginally drive quality is better on windy roads with a Taycan, but that’s about it.

I own a Porsche and sometimes you just have to own one, but the reasons you gave to cancel an Air Pure are weak. Every early adapter knew that there would be software problems early on. It’s what we signed up for and many are enjoying the journey. You are interested in an Air Pure, which is way down the road and the glitches of today will be non-existent by the time your car comes.

So does it get water inside when it rains? Interesting Lucid thinks its normal. Any water leaking COULD be a rubber trim issue too. I had that in one of the windows of my QX80. Water leak would/should bother everyone but again it may just be a one off issue like a lot of them seem to be other than the Software and the Door handles. Should be interesting.

I am getting excited again. Thanks for everyone’s input, perspective and patience with me. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
So does it get water inside when it rains? Interesting Lucid thinks its normal. Any water leaking COULD be a rubber trim issue too. I had that in one of the windows of my QX80. Water leak would/should bother everyone but again it may just be a one off issue like a lot of them seem to be other than the Software and the Door handles. Should be interesting.

I am getting excited again. Thanks for everyone’s input, perspective and patience with me. Much appreciated.
No, it's fully inside. It's a minor annoyance, not a serious issue by any means. I have the same thing and while it's mildly annoying to look at, there is no functional issue whatsoever.

No, it's fully inside. It's a minor annoyance, not a serious issue by any means. I have the same thing and while it's mildly annoying to look at, there is no functional issue whatsoever.
Correct! Nothing serious where water gets in etc. but just a minor annoyance. My mild OCD just tells me “that ain’t right” when In Lucids eyes it’s “relax, it’s fine”

Correct! Nothing serious where water gets in etc. but just a minor annoyance. My mild OCD just tells me “that ain’t right” when In Lucids eyes it’s “relax, it’s fine”
Thanks both for your input. I can live with that one 😜

I finally was able to sit in the AGT and check it out. No test drive yet. The Seattle Service Center received two pre production AGT’s. One in BLK w/21” wheels and the other WHT w/19” wheels. Because of this forum and my daily reading of it I was very familiar with the AGT. I knew where everything was, how it worked functionally and what questions to ask. This forum is full of very good information. Just me typing out loud but the users and contributors on the forum should be commended. Good job folks. After my experience today I feel more confident moving forward on this vehicle. The Lucid rep was very cordial and provided lots and time to make sure that I had no unanswered questions. It is a beautiful vehicle. I did however not care for the leg positioning in the rear seat due to the elevated flooring because of the extended range batteries. My response might appear a bit off topic but this forum has augmented my decision to go forward with acquiring the AGT.

I finally was able to sit in the AGT and check it out. No test drive yet. The Seattle Service Center received two pre production AGT’s. One in BLK w/21” wheels and the other WHT w/19” wheels. Because of this forum and my daily reading of it I was very familiar with the AGT. I knew where everything was, how it worked functionally and what questions to ask. This forum is full of very good information. Just me typing out loud but the users and contributors on the forum should be commended. Good job folks. After my experience today I feel more confident moving forward on this vehicle. The Lucid rep was very cordial and provided lots and time to make sure that I had no unanswered questions. It is a beautiful vehicle. I did however not care for the leg positioning in the rear seat due to the elevated flooring because of the extended range batteries. My response might appear a bit off topic but this forum has augmented my decision to go forward with acquiring the AGT.
Oh the photos I have seen seem to show space under the front seats but perhaps it is not so. How tall are you? Some posts I have red suggest no space under the front seats to slide your feet and gain 6 more inches. The back of my QX80 which is a large SUV are like that. I feel co strained and I am only 6 ft but I have Sciatica in one leg and always need to stretch it. The 5th passenger will love the car because the back seat floor is completely flat. Great input.

Also happy to see the STOCK Price move up. Anyone else like the Stock and Own it?

Thank you. I can live with some software issues but how would one drive if the frunk does not close. What about range, how many miles have you done on a single charge.
You can manually close the frunk. I've had to do it twice. It is super easy once you know where to put your hands to press down.

Back