Any minds changed about getting Air due to this forum?

So what is the real life range for this car if its not 500 for the range? I heard 50% which sounds like a real issue. It also sounds like it should not be someone’s primary car just yet. Thanks in advance because I only have about a week to back out. Wont mind losing my 1K but 149k and weekly issues will just ruin the family life.
If you like to drive fast and constantly drive this car like that, then you will see less range. This is common sense and would happen regardless of which car you drove. While I do like to go fast from stop lights and on-ramps, I tend to drive within 10 miles of the speed limit as an example to my kids who are often in the car with me. I am getting 90% range most days, some days even more, some days a little less (I got 5.1 mi/kwh on a 73 mile trip the other day!). Even my husband, who is not an EV driver and complains that I have the max speed set to 80 on my old Tesla every single time he drives it, gets 80% of range when he has taken my GT for the day.

This is my daily car, and also my, hmm, let's think of somewhere fun to drive today since I just love to get out and drive this car. Are there little problems with the car? Occasionally, but honestly there are less problems with this car than I experienced on any given day with the 2013 Model S I had been driving. Do I regret my decision at all - not one bit.

Oh the photos I have seen seem to show space under the front seats but perhaps it is not so. How tall are you? Some posts I have red suggest no space under the front seats to slide your feet and gain 6 more inches. The back of my QX80 which is a large SUV are like that. I feel co strained and I am only 6 ft but I have Sciatica in one leg and always need to stretch it. The 5th passenger will love the car because the back seat floor is completely flat. Great input.

Also happy to see the STOCK Price move up. Anyone else like the Stock and Own it?
There is a lot room in the back to move your feet. I am only 5’11”. It will not bother me as I am driving. But the height of the rear floor will take a work around to adjust to. Personally I would rather be in a normal seated position than have my legs extended. On a side note, the front seat was adjusted for my driving position when I went to the back seat. Its all personal choice. Its doable just not comfortable to me.

You can manually close the frunk. I've had to do it twice. It is super easy once you know where to put your hands to press down.
Thank you, I will be sure to ask the advisor during delivery

Oh okay, yea mine is like that too and frankly I LOVE that it's plastic. It's super easy to clean from my kids stepping on it. If it were carpet all the eay to the edge I would loathe that finish.
Yeah I’m nitpicking, I’m more worried when my kid gets older they could easily break the plastic off because it feels barely attached, but in the grand scheme of things it’s no big deal and it’s a good point you should be able to clean it no problem.

If you like to drive fast and constantly drive this car like that, then you will see less range. This is common sense and would happen regardless of which car you drove. While I do like to go fast from stop lights and on-ramps, I tend to drive within 10 miles of the speed limit as an example to my kids who are often in the car with me. I am getting 90% range most days, some days even more, some days a little less (I got 5.1 mi/kwh on a 73 mile trip the other day!). Even my husband, who is not an EV driver and complains that I have the max speed set to 80 on my old Tesla every single time he drives it, gets 80% of range when he has taken my GT for the day.

This is my daily car, and also my, hmm, let's think of somewhere fun to drive today since I just love to get out and drive this car. Are there little problems with the car? Occasionally, but honestly there are less problems with this car than I experienced on any given day with the 2013 Model S I had been driving. Do I regret my decision at all - not one bit.
Truly appreciate this detailed explanation. I am getting old so no longer a speed demon but I can be aggressive. I drive a Infiniti QX80 right now therefore I know all about speed and Gas Mileage. In Texas we drive fast on the highways at speeds of 85MPH but we hardly drive 6-8 k miles total between the two of us the whole year. For distance travel out of state we fly. The 5.1 is a fantastic average. When you say 80%does that mean 80% of the 80% charge therefore effectively 64% so may be 325 is what one would get with mixed fast and under 80mph driving or city driving?

Yeah I’m nitpicking, I’m more worried when my kid gets older they could easily break the plastic off because it feels barely attached, but in the grand scheme of things it’s no big deal and it’s a good point you should be able to clean it no problem.
Miine is pretty solidly attached fwiw

Truly appreciate this detailed explanation. I am getting old so no longer a speed demon but I can be aggressive. I drive a Infiniti QX80 right now therefore I know all about speed and Gas Mileage. In Texas we drive fast on the highways at speeds of 85MPH but we hardly drive 6-8 k miles total between the two of us the whole year. For distance travel out of state we fly. The 5.1 is a fantastic average. When you say 80%does that mean 80% of the 80% charge therefore effectively 64% so may be 325 is what one would get with mixed fast and under 80mph driving or city driving?
It's more like this to sum it up

AGT Range (w/ 19" wheels) EPA - 517 miles
Expect only 80% of that on a fully charge - 413 miles

A lot of people try to keep their charge levels between 20-80% for battery longevity so that's only 60% of the realistic range so you end up with 248 miles. Which is normally plenty for daily commuting.

If you are planning on taking a road trip, most people will charge to 100% prior to leaving and drive until around 20% sometimes less, so you are really looking at getting 330 miles before needing to stop and charge or roughly 4 hours of driving nonstop @ 80mph.

Some crazy people (me) drove from 100-3% and others like to road trip from 100-10% (371 miles or 4.5 hrs driving nonstop) and then charge from 10% to 65% or however much time they need/have to charge. Luckily for us, if you can find a charger that is nice to you, you can get 10-65% in around 20 minutes (typically less) which will give you 200 miles or roughly 2.5 hrs non stop driving before you need to stop again.

It really depends on how much punishment you want to give your body before stopping and taking a break.

Back on the original topic... I have to say that I had mixed feelings about the Air after a first test drive. But time spent on this forum has made me more optimistic about the prospect for long-term satisfaction with the car.

Also I just sanity-checked a planned long road trip into the California stix using ABRP. Turned out to be 20 hours' driving and 11 charging sessions in our XC40 EV. Just 16 hours and 4 charges in the Air!

So what is the real life range for this car if its not 500 for the range? I heard 50% which sounds like a real issue. It also sounds like it should not be someone’s primary car just yet. Thanks in advance because I only have about a week to back out. Wont mind losing my 1K but 149k and weekly issues will just ruin the family life.
I happen to be in Dallas now, but not with my AGT, bc it is in shop doing PPF. But I will take it on my next trip to Dallas. I’m here for my kid moving stuffs from dorm. I brought my F-250 from south of Houston. Round trip 600 miles / 15.5 mpg * $5.5 = $213. 😂 could be just $20 on electricity.

Anyway, I love my AGT, it will be my go to family car, only in good areas of town. Prior to that was my MB GLE 350. This car is smooth, spacious cabin and venom speed going up the ramp of freeway, can overtake basically any car on freeway, incredible windshield with cockpit-like dashboard make it feel like driving a hovercraft. Very exciting car. I got it at April 13th, heard much complaints from previous 5 months delived owners of sub-par software. To me, it’s acceptable as I didn’t experience previous 5 updates, I wasn’t aggravated and I can see room to improve just like early Tesla. You will love this car when you drive it. Back seat passengers will be amazed too.

I happen to be in Dallas now, but not with my AGT, bc it is in shop doing PPF. But I will take it on my next trip to Dallas. I’m here for my kid moving stuffs from dorm. I brought my F-250 from south of Houston. Round trip 600 miles / 15.5 mpg * $5.5 = $213. 😂 could be just $20 on electricity.

Anyway, I love my AGT, it will be my go to family car, only in good areas of town. Prior to that was my MB GLE 350. This car is smooth, spacious cabin and venom speed going up the ramp of freeway, can overtake basically any car on freeway, incredible windshield with cockpit-like dashboard make it feel like driving a hovercraft. Very exciting car. I got it at April 13th, heard much complaints from previous 5 months delived owners of sub-par software. To me, it’s acceptable as I didn’t experience previous 5 updates, I wasn’t aggravated and I can see room to improve just like early Tesla. You will love this car when you drive it. Back seat passengers will be amazed too.
Congratulations and thank you for you closer to home review. My sister lives in Houston and we did that round trip last month. Are there any Electrify America charge stations between Dallas and Houston? I see everyone is getting the PPF Done. I personally may have to do without it because I cannot spend 6K on that stuff right away.

Congratulations and thank you for you closer to home review. My sister lives in Houston and we did that round trip last month. Are there any Electrify America charge stations between Dallas and Houston? I see everyone is getting the PPF Done. I personally may have to do without it because I cannot spend 6K on that stuff right away.
F74DDF63-D729-4D14-9FCD-22C2C2F48BB1.jpeg

BTW Are there any other topics here that involve information about people’s experience with their Lucids.

BTW Are there any other topics here that involve information about people’s experience with their Lucids.
Actually quite a lot but unfortunately buried in other posts due to topic wander.

In my past experience with Tesla Model 3 and Model X, I had to charge 3~4 times on the way to Dallas with cranked AC and luggages. With AGT I just think 0~1 time with full load of luggages.

I seldom see Electrified America station has cars, while at Tesla charger stations, there has always been packed with long line of wait on weekends. If you just driving around city and plug in at garage, I don’t see ever needed to be using charging station, despite having 3 years EA free charge.

BFFFFBF0-8C66-4D70-B9E8-2E926451FB98.jpeg

...I seldom see Electrified America station has cars, while at Tesla charger stations, there has always been packed with long line of wait on weekends.
This will change when Tesla releases their CCS adapter in the USA. It's already available in South Korea. Many people in Tesla forums are posting about ordering the adapter from Korea and charging at uncrowded EA stations for $0.31/kWh, vs $0.52/kWh peak rate at a busy supercharger.

Its really nice in a sports car. You can "feel" when you floor it in a different manner than when flooring the Lucid.

The Taycan and the Lucid drive incredibly differently. The Taycan "feels" like a sportscar.

As far as software: They are both buggy as hell. However, Lucid has been improving it, whereas Porsche's answer is "buy a new car". Yes, Porsche advertises OTA for the Taycan, but the latest software is only for 2022 vehicles produced mid-cycle or later. That is not OTA, that is not understanding OTA. (Plus, the only major software update my 2020 has gotten is one that took a week to perform at a dealer, definitely not OTA).

Lucid was delivering near weekly/biweekly updates. They have slowed down, my last one was about 7 weeks ago at this point. I am expecting the slowdown is due to a major overhaul/improvement coming out shortly.
This plus we’re actually losing features in the PCM (infotainment system). One that finally drove me to order a Lucid GT-P was the already terrible navigation system lost the ability to search Google for addresses on 2020 Taycans. Everyone just assumed this was yet another bug but apparently the license agreement expired and they aren’t renewing it.

Also OTAs are a one to two day trip to the dealer.

There are several people here who own both a GT and a Taycan and I haven’t heard anyone say that the Taycan is superior overall. Marginally drive quality is better on windy roads with a Taycan, but that’s about it.

I own a Porsche and sometimes you just have to own one, but the reasons you gave to cancel an Air Pure are weak. Every early adapter knew that there would be software problems early on. It’s what we signed up for and many are enjoying the journey. You are interested in an Air Pure, which is way down the road and the glitches of today will be non-existent by the time your car comes.
I posted why I’m trading my 2020 Taycan Turbo on the Taycan forum. https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/cross-shopping-w-lucid.10896/post-157731

Everyone there believes that the Taycan is a sports car and the Lucid is a luxury cruiser. I’d argue that the Taycan is too heavy to be a sports car.

That and Taycan owners are willing overlook the ~220 mile range I get with the car because of the looks.

The Taycan does look great, the Miami blue cross turismo I was parked next to at the EA station looked fantastic. But if you’re gonna have a heavy car, at least have more space, it looks like it has the same room as a Subaru Impreza, and less than a Panamera. I think the Lucid looks good too, literally every person at my work think the Lucid looks phenomenal, weird that the Porsche forum all think the Lucid is ugly. I was reading through that Porsche forum and it looks like problems are more serious than the ones we’re having (only 11 cars available in US right now but they can’t deliver them because they were shipped missing amplifiers for the Burmeister sound system?).

What I keep hearing about the Taycan is it feels like it “shrinks in size” when you push it, which is impressive. The Lucid still feels like a heavy car at triple digit speeds or aggressive cornering even though it does handle shockingly well for being over 5,000lbs.

And I do think the way the screens are integrated into the dash looks better than Lucid approach, but Lucid looks second best for screen implementation compared to all other EVs so I’m ok with that.

The Taycan does look great, the Miami blue cross turismo I was parked next to at the EA station looked fantastic. But if you’re gonna have a heavy car, at least have more space, it looks like it has the same room as a Subaru Impreza, and less than a Panamera. I think the Lucid looks good too, literally every person at my work think the Lucid looks phenomenal, weird that the Porsche forum all think the Lucid is ugly. I was reading through that Porsche forum and it looks like problems are more serious than the ones we’re having (only 11 cars available in US right now but they can’t deliver them because they were shipped missing amplifiers for the Burmeister sound system?).

What I keep hearing about the Taycan is it feels like it “shrinks in size” when you push it, which is impressive. The Lucid still feels like a heavy car at triple digit speeds or aggressive cornering even though it does handle shockingly well for being over 5,000lbs.

And I do think the way the screens are integrated into the dash looks better than Lucid approach, but Lucid looks second best for screen implementation compared to all other EVs so I’m ok with that.

Technically, it was probably a Frozen Blue Metallic Cross Turismo that you saw at the EA station. The large trunk and frunk in the Lucid compared to my CT influenced my decision to reserve a Lucid Air Pure. However, the more time I spent on this forum the more doubts I had about completing the Lucid transaction. I decided to cancel my reservation last Friday for the following reasons.

1) The 11 degree approach angle without air suspension is too low for my driveway entrance.
2) Even though the trunk may be larger, the hatch on the CT makes it easier for me to get my wife's wheelchair into the trunk.
3) The only real complaint I have with the Taycan is the unpredictable software glitches. There are enough software complaints on this forum that I doubted that the Lucid software represented an improvement.
4) The slow production ramp up at Lucid probably would delay opening a sales or service center in Pennsylvania with focus being on manufacturing rather than adding locations.
5) No trade-in program which would complicate getting the Sales Tax credit for the value of my Taycan trade-in.

I do agree that the Taycan does handle much better than the way you would expect a 5000 pound car to handle. It's nothing like a full size 5000 pound ICE SUV or the tooth chipping rough ride in a 4000 pound Model 3. I think the large 29" diameter tires (tires not wheels) improve the Taycan's ride over poorly maintained roads in the Northeast. Lucid tires are about 28" in diameter.

The Porsche dashboard appearance and layout is significantly better than the iPad in my Model 3. I especially like the small map available in the cockpit screen. I think the Lucid dashboard layout is also very appealing. I rejected the EQS 450+ (as well as other EVs) strictly because of the ugly iPad style dash regardless of any other desirable features the car(s) may have had.

Back