Any minds changed about getting Air due to this forum?

Lol the Porsche forum is a good read. Great thing about cars is how much variety there is for everyone's personal tastes.

I posted why I’m trading my 2020 Taycan Turbo on the Taycan forum. https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/cross-shopping-w-lucid.10896/post-157731

Everyone there believes that the Taycan is a sports car and the Lucid is a luxury cruiser. I’d argue that the Taycan is too heavy to be a sports car.

That and Taycan owners are willing overlook the ~220 mile range I get with the car because of the looks.
I just suffered through that whole thread. It’s amazing how opinionated most of these guys can be about Lucid, even though most have never even seen one in person, let alone driven one. I guess if I plopped down the coin for a Taycan, I might have FOMO seeing Lucids rolling out. It’s funny how none of these guys can enjoy their Taycan and admire a Lucid or EQS at the same time.

It actually makes me happy to sell my Panamera GTS and leave the cork sniffer Porsche crowd. Lol

I just suffered through that whole thread. It’s amazing how opinionated most of these guys can be about Lucid, even though most have never even seen one in person, let alone driven one. I guess if I plopped down the coin for a Taycan, I might have FOMO seeing Lucids rolling out. It’s funny how none of these guys can enjoy their Taycan and admire a Lucid or EQS at the same time.

It actually makes me happy to sell my Panamera GTS and leave the cork sniffer Porsche crowd. Lol
That's because driving a Taycan shows you have class and taste as opposed to those other inferior cars.

Just watched the new buyer drive away in our 2020 Taycan 4S. Got 115k for it. I suspect iI could have done another 10k but The Rivian R1T is here and something had to go.
I love the Taycan and most likely will buy another one. Surprisingly It was an easy decision between the Taycan and the Lucid. Funny thing, the Taycan buyer spent more time looking at the Lucid than the Taycan he was buying !!!

leave the cork sniffer Porsche crowd. Lol
Hahaha cork sniffer, I’m gonna have to remember that one. In the last 8 years I’ve been dangerously close to getting a Porsche several times, overall they really are excellent vehicles, but the schmoozey white glove crap combined with the people who got the car to say they have a Porsche (and to be fair MANY Porsche owners are not like that and are automotive nerds like us) turned me off every time I went to the dealer. Before I got the Merc I was considering a Cayman and when I was at Porsche Manhattan there was a black couple who walked in with me and they got ignored. Meanwhile my friend who was with me who walks dogs for a living got very attentive service. ☹️

Well, I wouldn’t exactly call the folks here the “ Box Wine” group’ 😊
When you have the terroir of “Clos de Lucid” who needs to sniff a cork?

This plus we’re actually losing features in the PCM (infotainment system). One that finally drove me to order a Lucid GT-P was the already terrible navigation system lost the ability to search Google for addresses on 2020 Taycans. Everyone just assumed this was yet another bug but apparently the license agreement expired and they aren’t renewing it.

Also OTAs are a one to two day trip to the dealer.
Wait, that is why its not working? I just figured it was a bug with their system. That explains why my search results in the Taycan suck now.

Wait, that is why its not working? I just figured it was a bug with their system. That explains why my search results in the Taycan suck now.
At least you are having an experience everytime you drive it. 🤣

For what it's worth the "G" search option still "works" in the MY22 Taycan. I put works in quotes since even when the Porsche GPS knows the destination it rarely knows the best route. I use the GPS for local trips, mostly to estimate arrival time. It's normal to deviate from the suggested route which frequently seems brain dead.

They aren’t my people to be sure. Definitely mostly about the looks and being seen in the right car.

The thing is most of them appear to be buying the RWD or entry level 4S just to get the Porsche badge then tell everyone about it. 😣

Last edited:
Exactly!! It was working fine and the only way to make the native interface usable. They also timed it with a bug (or reduction in functionality) in the My Porsche app that means you can’t search for a destination and “Send to Vehicle”

This essentially drives everyone to CarPlay, I preferred native as I liked the battery arrival estimates in the native navigation.

They aren’t my people to be sure. Definitely mostly about the looks and being seen in the right car.

The thing is most of them appear to be buying the RWD or entry level 4S just to get the Porsche badge then tell everyone about it. 😣
Exactly! I have a GTS, so I can’t wait to throw shade by selling my Porsche for a Lucid. I may get a permanent ban from the cork sniffer community. 😂

Back