Air Pure reservations

With Tourings now delayed till Q4 (so far), I would be surprised if any Pures get produced this year.

Yes. We cannot rely on Wikipedia numbers. Note that the wiki page says incorrectly 2.4miles per KWh instead of 4.6miles per KWh mentioned by Lucid and many actual owners mentioned close to 4miles per KWh. "As of 2021, the most efficient version on sale in the US, the Air Grand Touring with 19-in wheels, has an EPA rated energy efficiency of 26 kWh/100 km (62 miles), or 2.4 miles/kWh, which is equivalent to 1.8 litres/100 km of gasoline" That said, the horsepower is not a function of bigger battery but a function of the KW of the motor. Motor sizes are different across the models. So, it is entirely possible for Air Pure AWD to have the same range as RWD with smaller motors on front and rear wheels with the same total KW as RWD.

With Tourings now delayed till Q4 (so far), I would be surprised if any Pures get produced this year.
What I heard from my advisor was that Pure is likely to be available to order at the "leg end of the year" Dec?, Which means, VIN assignment for the first Air Pure deliveries could be end of Feb and first deliveries could be 2 to 6 weeks later in Mar or Apr 2023.

What I heard from my advisor was that Pure is likely to be available to order at the "leg end of the year" Dec?, Which means, VIN assignment for the first Air Pure deliveries could be end of Feb and first deliveries could be 2 to 6 weeks later in Mar or Apr 2023.
Everything is being punched back due to the factory issues. I posted months ago that even the reduced yea-end production numbers were not likely to be hit. While they didn’t reduce them further at the Q1 conference call, at some point there will have to be an day of reckoning about reality.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/2087211/business-economy Looks like they are reporting monthly production data.

Lucid Motors delivers 300 EV units in April, to launch Air Pure later this year, CEO says​

Not sure what they mean by launch. As a minimum, I would expect launch to mean available to order for reservation holders.
"Lucid Motors delivered 360 cars to consumers during the first quarter of 2022. In contrast, the company sold 300 vehicles last month alone." That is a 3x increase per month compared to last quarter. Let ius see if 1 month from now they will report more than 300 and get to 1000+ per month in 2 to 3 months to hit 12k this year.

But in May it looks as if very few units have been produced if looking at the almost empty parking area.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/2087211/business-economy Looks like they are reporting monthly production data.

Lucid Motors delivers 300 EV units in April, to launch Air Pure later this year, CEO says​

Not sure what they mean by launch. As a minimum, I would expect launch to mean available to order for reservation holders.
"Lucid Motors delivered 360 cars to consumers during the first quarter of 2022. In contrast, the company sold 300 vehicles last month alone." That is a 3x increase per month compared to last quarter. Let ius see if 1 month from now they will report more than 300 and get to 1000+ per month in 2 to 3 months to hit 12k this year.
Let’s see those May numbers…..

Have you driven a Tesla with FSD? My current car is in the beta program and its really good. I'd love to see someone else (like Lucid) put forth a great solution that makes rapid progress, but I don't think slapping LIDAR on a car will solve the data collection and training shortcoming. Separately, there were tons of early adopter Model S owners that had mixed feelings on paying for FSD. Some were OK with contributing towards the future solution, others effectively went years without a proper beta offering.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I justI think folks should be realistic about what DreamDrive Pro will offer and how quickly it will iterate towards autonomy.
I have driven a Tesla with the latest FSD in, of all places, Cupertino, where it should be fantastic... and it was terrifying. Regular phantom braking when approaching turns, regularly selecting the absolute center of roads that happened to not have lane markings, but also somehow managing to nearly hit a few trash cans along the way - it is not what I would describe as 'city ready.'

A few thoughts. First of all I believe Lucid guarantees the battery will have at least 70% after 10 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Secondly, you will only want to charge to 100% for long planned trips and normally will want to charge to only 80% to help ensure battery life exceeds the guarantee. So on my Dream Performance which has a 450 mile range, when I charge to 80% I get an estimated 360 miles of range. Then assuming I will actually only get 80% of that my realistic mileage is 288 miles. So by upgrading to the GT with an assumed range of 500 miles your local driving range would be right around 320 miles which will more than adequate to go from Sacramento to the Bay Area or to Lake Tahoe without any range anxiety. For the Touring or Pure you'll be looking at around 250 miles which is also adequate but possibly more stressful?? Lastly you are correct there will be more charging stations in 5 years but most likely there will also be many more EV's on the road at any time so wait times could be lengthy.
How much % battery retention do the 10 year old Tesla Models have now? To lose 30% over 10 years / 100k mi from ideal charging habits is kinda bad but it's an technical challenge all EV makers have. Sucks.

Last edited:
Wikipedia states the battery pack in the Touring is 92kw while the Pure will be 88kw. If the AWD Pure has the same drive train as the Touring (620hp), it would seem probable that the range would be significantly less. Since range is the number 1 concern of EV owners, many individuals interested in the AWD Pure most likely would be extremely disappointed and reconsidering their purchase.

140 hp more for $5k? That's a freakin' steal.

I reserved mine end of q1fy22 so I'm worried by the time I receive mine, the rebates will be all gone 😢

Hi all, has anyone heard that the Pure will lose some range if you decide to upgrade to the AWD? My main reason for switching from Tesla to Lucid is the value for the range :)

Hi all, has anyone heard that the Pure will lose some range if you decide to upgrade to the AWD? My main reason for switching from Tesla to Lucid is the value for the range :)
Range loss is due to a lot of factors, but the battery chemistry across models should be the same - this means the Pure shouldn't lose capacity any faster than any of the other models. Cycles (number of charges), heat (frequent level 3 charging), charge and discharge voltage, and the level at which the battery is charged to (letting it sit at low or high states of charge for long periods of time) can impact degradation.

One of the big benefits of Lucid - to me - is that the cars start with 400mi/range and up, which factoring in 10% degradation still keep you well north of 350. My current Oct 2018 Model 3 AWD has 52k miles on it and have lost 8% capacity (285 vs 310 new). Until some magical new battery technology is created, I would expect Lucid, Rivian and all manufacturers to lose range over time - hopefully 10% or less for the foreseeable future.

No, What size packs are in it? We don't have detail, but Peter's 30 min tech talk video on YT had a detail explanation of how the packs are made. He didn't mention the pack was smaller in the Pure vs Touring...I don't recall that. The P & T are just missing the 2 packs in the rear under your feet. Adding a second motor should not lower range, but look at the Ionic 5 RWD has more range than AWD, but this is LUCID not Hyundai and an AWD T has 620HP and AWD, so I would assume more range AWD

Review 10 min mark talks about Pure

How much % battery retention do the 10 year old Tesla Models have now? To lose 30% over 10 years / 100k mi from ideal charging habits is kinda bad but it's an technical challenge all EV makers have. Sucks.
we sold our 2014 model S a couple of years ago - when it was 6 years old but had 110K miles and it had lost 15 miles out of 265 rated when new so about 6%. This was with quite a bit of supercharging due to our cross country trips and free supercharging.

But I don't think anyone can definitely state that Pure with AWD will = 620HP??
Everything I've seen on this forum says it definitely will not

Everything I've seen on this forum says it definitely will not
The bottom line is we don't know. I believe it's easily capable of 620HP, but whether Lucid decides to software limit the power to a lower number is still TBD. For me, I want 600hp and 0-60 in 3.5 or less. If they haircut the Touring by a lot, it may change my decision to wait for the car.

My guts tell me Pure AWD will be 480-540hp. More likely a bit higher than 480hp to make it a more attractive upgrade. 620hp Pure AWD will make Touring less attractive and Touring is more profitable for them. Lucid can match or make AGT Performance be faster than Dream Performance but they won't since that would make the Dreams less special + angry Dream owners. A bit different case from Pure AWD vs Touring but makes sense to not match the two.

My guts tell me Pure AWD will be 480-540hp. More likely a bit higher than 480hp to make it a more attractive upgrade. 620hp Pure AWD will make Touring less attractive and Touring is more profitable for them. Lucid can match or make AGT Performance be faster than Dream Performance but they won't since that would make the Dreams less special + angry Dream owners. A bit different case from Pure AWD vs Touring but makes sense to not match the two.

Technology always gets better and cars get faster. DE owners know this and a 2022 model will not be the fastest and best Air. It's a limited edition car.

Technology always gets better and cars get faster. DE owners know this and a 2022 model will not be the fastest and best Air. It's a limited edition car.
Which I dont disagree with, but not sure how that really relates to my comment since the main topic is about current trim selections and specs that are currently being produced/soon to be produced for this generation of Air and not 2024 or 2050 models. If I buy the latest highest end iPhone I expect it to be that case for at least some time. I'd be upset if in one month they surprisingly came out with higher spec with same or lower price. If the new release was due to supply issue or a fix then thats more acceptable. There will be upgrades and improvements, but companies tend to respect or follow some sort of product cycle / timeline to not upset recent customers (among other reasons).

Back