Air Pure reservations

New here and to the EV market as well! I have been following the EV market but it's my first time to make any serious purchase thoughts.

Actually reserved a red Pure yesterday! Going for AWD and Surround Pro too. The Touring is way beyond my budget. Actually even the Pure is stretching my budget as I was going to settle with a Model Y but the 7500 tax credit makes a huge difference. After thorough reading I'd say, for me at least, the Pure has better overall value.
I am retired and I too reserved the same. Also planning to add DreamDrive Pro. Tesla wants to depend just on cameras. My 2005 Sienna has parking sensors, radar cruise control both of which work very well. Tesla without radar, sonar, Lidar is a non-starter for me. I had sunroof and moonroof in my cars and never felt like using them. So, not at all interested in glass roof. I was told that Air Pure may be available to order at the "leg end" of this year.

Well...a couple of unknowns :
What will Pure HP be with AWD?
Can I get a Touring w/o DDPro? I was able to reserve without it,,don't want it---I'll by this car to drive IT, not vice versa
Per my rez, I'm not paying 1500 for 20" wheels for Touring
So back t0 where I started: if the HP in both cases is 620 I'll save 10k+ w
I was told to expect for AIr Pure $5k for AWD, $4k for SurReal Sound Pro, $12k for DreamDrive Pro. I am not interested in 20" wheels. I prefer quieter ride better range of 19"

New here and to the EV market as well! I have been following the EV market but it's my first time to make any serious purchase thoughts.

Actually reserved a red Pure yesterday! Going for AWD and Surround Pro too. The Touring is way beyond my budget. Actually even the Pure is stretching my budget as I was going to settle with a Model Y but the 7500 tax credit makes a huge difference. After thorough reading I'd say, for me at least, the Pure has better overall value.
I reserved the same on Nov 11/5/21. Message today from my Advisor "Option pricing for Pure has not been confirmed yet and will not be reflected on the online configurator until Pure has begun production. But don't worry, if you order the car within 30 days of being invited to order (towards the leg end of this year), Lucid will honor original pricing."

But I don't think anyone can definitely state that Pure with AWD will = 620HP??

But I don't think anyone can definitely state that Pure with AWD will = 620HP??
I reserved on 5/6 and spoke to an HQ sales advisor on Saturday. He told me the AWD expected pricing thoughts at this time is $6k (higher than the $5k I've seen posted above) but that this will have the same power (620hp) as the touring. He hedged with "this isn't finalized and certainly could change when the configurator opens likely in Q3".

I reserved on 5/6 and spoke to an HQ sales advisor on Saturday. He told me the AWD expected pricing thoughts at this time is $6k (higher than the $5k I've seen posted above) but that this will have the same power (620hp) as the touring. He hedged with "this isn't finalized and certainly could change when the configurator opens likely in Q3".
It does seem logical that the AWD would have 620hp so I certainly hope that is the case. I also hope that they honor quoted option pricing to those of us that have already been quoted instead of raising it at the time of order. Time will tell!

I am retired and I too reserved the same. Also planning to add DreamDrive Pro. Tesla wants to depend just on cameras. My 2005 Sienna has parking sensors, radar cruise control both of which work very well. Tesla without radar, sonar, Lidar is a non-starter for me. I had sunroof and moonroof in my cars and never felt like using them. So, not at all interested in glass roof. I was told that Air Pure may be available to order at the "leg end" of this year.
Have you driven a Tesla with FSD? My current car is in the beta program and its really good. I'd love to see someone else (like Lucid) put forth a great solution that makes rapid progress, but I don't think slapping LIDAR on a car will solve the data collection and training shortcoming. Separately, there were tons of early adopter Model S owners that had mixed feelings on paying for FSD. Some were OK with contributing towards the future solution, others effectively went years without a proper beta offering.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I justI think folks should be realistic about what DreamDrive Pro will offer and how quickly it will iterate towards autonomy.

FSD is trash on anything but highway/highly traveled city streets. Take it in the country where I’m at, it’s dangerous. I stopped used it and gave the car to my brother. That said, DDPro will be a long time before it materializes.

Have you driven a Tesla with FSD? My current car is in the beta program and its really good. I'd love to see someone else (like Lucid) put forth a great solution that makes rapid progress, but I don't think slapping LIDAR on a car will solve the data collection and training shortcoming. Separately, there were tons of early adopter Model S owners that had mixed feelings on paying for FSD. Some were OK with contributing towards the future solution, others effectively went years without a proper beta offering.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I justI think folks should be realistic about what DreamDrive Pro will offer and how quickly it will iterate towards autonomy.
I do appreciate your detailed response. Even Tesla had its share of growing pains with FSD. I am not really a fan of any FSD because to really prevent accidents most cars on the roads need technology to communicate with others and also 5G has to be deployed for all traffic info displays, traffic lights, traffic signs and in phones carried by people so that car can sense what is coming. That said, if you look at the limitations of cameras even with night vision, there is only so much they can see. AI cannot compensate for what a sensor cannot detect. If you do some research about the pros and cons of Cameras, radar, sonar and Lidar, they complement each other and AI can do a fantastic job with all that info. This is why 100% of commercial driverless vehicles have Lidar. https://cyberpulse.info/lidar-vs-radar-vs-sonar/

Wikipedia states the battery pack in the Touring is 92kw while the Pure will be 88kw. If the AWD Pure has the same drive train as the Touring (620hp), it would seem probable that the range would be significantly less. Since range is the number 1 concern of EV owners, many individuals interested in the AWD Pure most likely would be extremely disappointed and reconsidering their purchase.

What is the source?

Wikipedia states the battery pack in the Touring is 92kw while the Pure will be 88kw. If the AWD Pure has the same drive train as the Touring (620hp), it would seem probable that the range would be significantly less. Since range is the number 1 concern of EV owners, many individuals interested in the AWD Pure most likely would be extremely disappointed and reconsidering their purchase.
Lol, wikipedia? The manufacturer hasn't released official details yet, starting to hear some stuff from sales advisors but would expect a newer company try to homogenize as much as possible to streamline their mfging process, economies of scale, and contain costs. Reality is that creating too many differences across trims increases costs substantially, I'm putting my money on more common hardware being shared between the pure and touring.

Lucid will use fewer battery modules for the Air. I doubt Lucid would go through the trouble of manufacturing multiple size motors. However, the amount of energy sent to the motor an be easily controlled via software. Reducing the weight will improve the overall performance and efficiency of the Pure so I wouldn't be surprised if the Pure manages 370 Miles with a single motor and a 88kWh battery pack.

Lucid will use fewer battery modules for the Air. I doubt Lucid would go through the trouble of manufacturing multiple size motors. However, the amount of energy sent to the motor an be easily controlled via software. Reducing the weight will improve the overall performance and efficiency of the Pure so I wouldn't be surprised if the Pure manages 370 Miles with a single motor and a 88kWh battery pack.
the range estimate is the exact same between the pure and touring on their website, both are 406.

Fewer battery modules in the Pure & Touring you mean, not Air. I guess we wait and see...

the range estimate is the exact same between the pure and touring on their website, both are 406.
Pure vs Touring: base price difference is $17,400. Upgrading Pure to AWD ($5000?) brings it to $12,500. If HP = 620 like Touring, there isn't a whole lot to differentiate the two--better leather, glass roof might not be worth $12,000 to a lot of people. So they might limit the HP in the AWD Pure to make the Touring value proposition more compelling.

Good point. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_Air "The entry level Air Pure will be equipped with a 88 kWh battery with rear wheel drive, capable of producing 480 hp (358 kW),[31] 600 N⋅m of torque and 406 mi of range" However, the same WIkipedia says that Touring with AWD has 93KWh battery and AWD and rated 406miles with 19" wheels. So with AWD Air Pure could be same as Touing 406miles.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the modules in the two are the same but the Pure is software locked for ease of manufacturing. As long as the car gets 400miles of range and 550+hp I’ll be happy.

If the Tesla Model 3 can put out north of 500hp with a 75-80kW battery, 400v architecture and less advanced motors from a size/power perspective, I don’t see why the Lucid won’t put out at least 550hp for with the added motor.

Like others, I don’t trust the Wikipedia numbers since they’re not from a legit source.

I think we can all agree that the Wikipedia numbers are suspect and move on.

Back