Air Pure reservations

I guess I'm the boring one here. I just want the WHITE pure. I've never in my life had massage seats so I won't miss what I never had. I am one of those people who refuse to consider a Tesla since the only option is a glass roof so the Pure was an immediate appeal with a metal roof and NO sunroof! I'm not 100% yet on if I just want RWD or AWD but given it's the same HP, probably RWD and be happy with 406 mile range thanks.

Same here. Wanted metal roof. Have never had anything but RWDs and that's what I'd prefer to stick with.
Are you in a non-snow area? For us in North east, AWD is important. Many folks do say RWD with snow tires is enough but I would prefer peace of mind.

I guess I'm the boring one here. I just want the WHITE pure. I've never in my life had massage seats so I won't miss what I never had. I am one of those people who refuse to consider a Tesla since the only option is a glass roof so the Pure was an immediate appeal with a metal roof and NO sunroof! I'm not 100% yet on if I just want RWD or AWD but given it's the same HP, probably RWD and be happy with 406 mile range thanks

Same here.... Hoping Lucid will go after the RWD Taycan. A lighter car with no bells and whistles can be a hoot to drive.

I am still undecided whether to get glass roof or not. It is something new and different from my car. I like views and seeing the sky. Is it worth the $16k to move from Pure to Touring? Probably not

I am still undecided whether to get glass roof or not. It is something new and different from my car. I like views and seeing the sky. Is it worth the $16k to move from Pure to Touring? Probably not
One plus would be getting your car sooner

One plus would be getting your car sooner
As long as it's not sooner than Jan 1 2023. I dont think I will qualify for the full 7500 tax credit this year xD Still have losses from previous year that I need to catch up on

From what Sales Agent said, it will retain 480hp with the dual motor vs 620hp on the Touring but close enough!
I guess the only gain with the 2nd motor on a Pure is AWD.

I live in NYS and drive to Vermont most weekends to go skiing. Have never had anything but RWD. Yes I use snows and other than maybe once a decade I have never felt the need for AWD or 4WD. If I am having trouble getting over the snow covered pass most other people are as well.

Are you in a non-snow area? For us in North east, AWD is important. Many folks do say RWD with snow tires is enough but I would prefer peace of mind.
I've lived in NY, PA and Ohio through many winters. Had a 4x4 Pathfinder for a long time with all seasons, tbh, swapping winters onto my BMW M3 when I bought that was an eye opener. I drove that sports car through many snowstorms and winters, I think the snow tires out performed the all seasons even with 4x4. The biggest issue was ground clearance, the M3 turns in to a plow fairly quickly.

That being said, I now live in Cali and for drives to Tahoe with the family, I throw snows onto my wife's Q7 and really have 0 worries.

What is the general consensus for when the Air Pure will actually be delivered? I just preordered about a week ago.

They won’t begin until 2024. Someone placing a reservation today is looking at 1 year + before getting a Pure delivered.

EDIT: meant 2023

Last edited:
They won’t begin until 2024. Someone placing a reservation today is looking at 1 year + before getting a Pure delivered..
Sorry. Yes., I meant 2023. But at the current rate it might very well be 2024.

I guess I'm the boring one here. I just want the WHITE pure. I've never in my life had massage seats so I won't miss what I never had. I am one of those people who refuse to consider a Tesla since the only option is a glass roof so the Pure was an immediate appeal with a metal roof and NO sunroof! I'm not 100% yet on if I just want RWD or AWD but given it's the same HP, probably RWD and be happy with 406 mile range thanks.
You're not the only boring one here....

I ordered a Pure in Stellar White, Mojave PurLuxe Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Metal Roof Roof and AWD Drivetrain. When my reservation turns to a configuration, I will probably change AWD to RWD. I am currently in my Massachusetts home, but I expect to take delivery, and keep the car, in my Florida home. A sales advisor has reached out to me to arrange a visit to the Boston studio. The glass roof is not a necessity, nor is AWD. I don't understand why car consumers get so hung up on the sound system. If I want a concert experience, I'll go to a concert. When delivery actually happens, I may get the car wrapped in either red, or (just to be different) yellow. :) One thing that I do want, however, is tinted windows.

Last edited:
Based upon my conversation with Lucid sales, they indicated that dual motor, AWD option would increase HP to 620. I'm also not sure how you add an entire second motor and cut all HP back over software, that makes no sense.

What!? I have been reading and saw AWD is 620HP.

I'm one of those people whom a Lucid sales agent said the AWD version's HP will remain the same and shouldn't affect range.
I heard the exact opposite from Lucid, two sales reps said that AWD adds an extra motor which increased output. From my view, it makes zero sense to add an entire second motor and try to engineer it back down to 480hp via software, and I'm not sure that's even feasible or sane. We'll have to wait and see as it's all speculation, but I'll cancel my order if the AWD option results in some software gymnastics to throttle power down by 140 horses.

Back