Air Pure reservations

Seems like no one has a solid number on how many each of Grand Touring, Touring, and Pure have been reserved. Wonder which group is the bulge in the python’s belly.

My guess is Pure > Grand Touring > ... > Touring. Unless you're impatient (me), there's not too much the Touring can do that the Pure can't. With your reservation date, I imagine you're likely in the first few batches of Pure and should probably see a VIN at least in Q4 2022 / Q1 2023.

My guess is Pure > Grand Touring > ... > Touring. Unless you're impatient (me), there's not too much the Touring can do that the Pure can't. With your reservation date, I imagine you're likely in the first few batches of Pure and should probably see a VIN at least in Q4 2022 / Q1 2023.
Based on Average sales price, the Pure reservations are about 2.5-3 times the number of Grand Tourings which are greater than Tourings.

I am in no rush as my current car is very comfortable and rides well (BMW 530e). I put down a deposit on a Pure knowing that it will be some time before they start making them as it will give Lucid time to work out the software issues. Tesla is still doing that and every manufacturer has some of those.

I want to replace my current car in either 2023 or 2024. If, by then, Lucid is still trying to get the software to work and be reliable, I will go elsewhere. But I am optimistic that Lucid will succeed.
i just reserved air pure. It’s more than I want to spend, but will see. They expect to produce q3 q4 of this year. I hope paintboption cost is not like tesla but like bmw in cost. 400 mile range one motor is adequate for me.

tried to set up test drive, I was told those are for next up, implies mine reservation not as important to them.

Did you get a test drive? I've been trying to schedule a test drive there, through my DA, but have not been successful. Don't understand the issue.
It wasn’t for a test drive. Was going to be in the area and drop in and talk with staff just to get known. Plans changed and I hope to be up there on Wednesday. Since the test cars seem to be few and in high demand, I don’t believe a Pure reservation would rank high in test drives Given how far out production is. But I will see. I also don’t know if there is value in test driving a much more powerful version than the Pure.

i just reserved air pure. It’s more than I want to spend, but will see. They expect to produce q3 q4 of this year. I hope paintboption cost is not like tesla but like bmw in cost. 400 mile range one motor is adequate for me.

tried to set up test drive, I was told those are for next up, implies mine reservation not as important to them.
Don't take it personal, every reservation is important but getting people with GTs into a test drive and people with Tourings into a drive or getting them to upgrade is more important than getting people with Pure reservations to do anything, especially since they aren't confirming those orders yet anyways.

They’re selling every car they make, and a one motor Air doesn’t exist. I think most studios have pre-production cars.

Based on Average sales price, the Pure reservations are about 2.5-3 times the number of Grand Tourings which are greater than Tourings.
Money. Even 70 after federal is a lot for a car that may not be around.

Don't take it personal, every reservation is important but getting people with GTs into a test drive and people with Tourings into a drive or getting them to upgrade is more important than getting people with Pure reservations to do anything, especially since they aren't confirming those orders yet anyways.
I understand, better to say we are booked up this time. Don’t classify us as low on the money tree.

They’re selling every car they make, and a one motor Air doesn’t exist. I think most studios have pre-production cars.
They are rapidly swapping out the pre-production cars. SanDiego had one but it got replaced a week ago with a white production GT plus another for test driving

Agree. And...forthermore...as a Pure reserver I would like to do a test drive of a pure. Test driving a GT won't necessarily give me a good understanding of how a Pure will handle. So I don't mind waiting.

Agree. And...forthermore...as a Pure reserver I would like to do a test drive of a pure. Test driving a GT won't necessarily give me a good understanding of how a Pure will handle. So I don't mind waiting.
It's to entice you to upgrade

That’s a good combo. Even though I have the GT on order, I’d love to have non-glass roof. I would be surprised if the AWD doesn’t have more HP as well.

I spoke with a rep from Lucid yesterday, who told me the AWD option in the Pure has 2 motors, but the same HP as single motor. This was a surprise to me as well.

Did you get a test drive? I've been trying to schedule a test drive there, through my DA, but have not been successful. Don't understand the issue.

I made a reservation for Pure in June 2021. I was told by the rep that if I upgraded to a Touring, I would probably be invited in for a test drive (and they are by invitation only), and certainly if I upgraded to GT.

Last edited:
I made a reservation for Pure in June 2022. I was told by the rep that if I upgraded to a Touring, I would probably be invited in for a test drive (and they are by invitation only), and certainly if I upgraded to GT.
I'm a Touring reserver and for anyone in Midwest, the Oak Brook location is only doing Grand Tourings right now. The SA wanted me to upgrade just to test drive smh.

I don't think it is a matter of "important:; it is a matter of getting persons earlier in the delivery scheme test drives. Folks who reserved Pures, like me, won't see them for some time. I wouldn't even want a test drive now as the test drives are with a GT and that won't tell me how a single motor Pure will drive.

I don't think it is a matter of "important:; it is a matter of getting persons earlier in the delivery scheme test drives. Folks who reserved Pures, like me, won't see them for some time. I wouldn't even want a test drive now as the test drives are with a GT and that won't tell me how a single motor Pure will drive.
Yes. They won’t have a Pure to test drive until they get to those trims. I assume that the earliest Pure reservation holders will have to test a Touring but even that won’t match a Pure.

I have a DEP. The chassis is so good dynamically I placed an order for a Pure. I believe the pure is going to be a much more satisfying car to drive due to the reduction in weight. Also by the time the pure arrives there should be sufficient chargers installed all over the place so that a 250-300 mile range EV will do just fine. I have been taking long trips with EVs for the last five years and have come to realize that 15 minute stops after a two hour drive is no big deal as long as the car can add 150 plus miles during the stop.

Charging station infrastructure is far behind EV adoption. While I agree that 250-300 mile road trips for a lot of folks is adequate, you’re going to find yourself in a line of cars waiting to charge. The Pure is only about a year or 2 max from being the dominant version of the Air, no chance in hell EA or any other company besides Tesla will have the necessary infrastructure to sustain how fast EVs are being bought (even Tesla isn’t that great in a lot of areas as seen in constant photos of lines at stations). The Pure is the bargain if it achieves in the 300 mile range with everything it has, but it’s a pipe dream to think that charging will have expanded by the time you receive one.

I'm a Touring reserver and for anyone in Midwest, the Oak Brook location is only doing Grand Tourings right now. The SA wanted me to upgrade just to test drive smh.
Probably has to do with demand and availability. In SoCal, I think there are 4 studios doing test drives with GTs (2 in LA, 1 in OC, and 1 in SD). Definitely prioritizing GT but they were willing to put me on the schedule a couple of weeks out. Don't know what the result would have been if I had reserved a Pure.

Charging station infrastructure is far behind EV adoption. While I agree that 250-300 mile road trips for a lot of folks is adequate, you’re going to find yourself in a line of cars waiting to charge.

Couldn't agree more. Charging station wait time during a road trip is my biggest concern right now. That's one motivation to get the GT over others - more flexibility.

Wait time during peak season was a major PITA for Tesla back in the days. Waiting 2 hours just to get a spot to charge is nobody's idea of fun. I wonder how long it'd take for non-Tesla EVs to reach the same level of critical mass? And more importantly, how long would it take for EA or others to catch up with the demand?

Back