Air Pure reservations

Hello all, great there is a forum. Reserved my Air Pure in February, hopefully it will be in production by Q1 of 2023. The options of Dream Drive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro were greyed out. I assume once a build number is issued these options can be added.
I am in the Texas Hill Country so is delivery done at the service center in Houston?

Hello all, great there is a forum. I my Air Pure in February hopefully it will be in production by Q1 of 2023. The options of Dream Drive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro were greyed out. I assume once a build number is issued these options can be added.
I am in the Texas Hill Country so is delivery done at the service center in Houston?

Once it's time to confirm (typically 2-4 months prior to delivery), you will choose your options. Delivery can be done via pickup at a service center or directly to your home via home delivery. If you choose pickup, it will likely be at the Houston service center you mentioned since that's the only one in Texas.

Hello all, great there is a forum. Reserved my Air Pure in February, hopefully it will be in production by Q1 of 2023. The options of Dream Drive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro were greyed out. I assume once a build number is issued these options can be added.
I plan to visit the Short Hills studio tomorrow. One of my questions is whether there is a final agreement on the options available on the Pure. A few months back my SA in Newark said a decision was yet to come. I had asked him to suggest that leather and ventilated (in addition to heated) seats should be offered as options as well.

I plan to visit the Short Hills studio tomorrow. One of my questions is whether there is a final agreement on the options available on the Pure. A few months back my SA in Newark said a decision was yet to come. I had asked him to suggest that leather and ventilated (in addition to heated) seats should be offered as options as well.
Short Hills is a super nice mall. They have a DE model there but no test drives.

i just reserved air pure. It’s more than I want to spend, but will see. They expect to produce q3 q4 of this year. I hope paintboption cost is not like tesla but like bmw in cost. 400 mile range one motor is adequate for me.

tried to set up test drive, I was told those are for next up, implies mine reservation not as important to them.
I've reserved a Touring and was told by SA (in Chicago) they have none for test drives yet. So you might be in the same boat viz. the Pure

I've reserved a Touring and was told by SA (in Chicago) they have none for test drives yet. So you might be in the same boat viz. the Pure
They aren’t giving test drives for touring reservation holders or they don’t have a Touring car to test drive? No studio will have a Touring vehicle to drive until they begin production of that trim sometime in Q3.

Oak Brook has a test vehicle. They are only letting you test drive if you commit to upgrading to Grand Touring or are a Grand Touring reserver. Funnily enough, they told me they’re wide open on appointments if I did upgrade meaning the vehicle is just sitting there unused.

Short Hills is a super nice mall. They have a DE model there but no test drives.
It is a nice mall and closer and easier to get to from my home than the Meat
Packing District Studio which I visited last summer to meet my SA who was visiting. like others, I am not interested in test driving a model that isn’t like what I am buying. I made an early reservation for a Pure and my SA has told me that most likely I will be in the first wave of those to confirm a purchase. I hope they have a Pure tester before then or will let me test drive a Touring. Buying a car without experiencing It is a bit daunting. I’m grateful for all the owner information I pick up on this forum. The good thing about being last in the production line is that you can hope they have the major issues worked out by the time you take delivery.

They aren’t giving test drives for touring reservation holders or they don’t have a Touring car to test drive? No studio will have a Touring vehicle to drive until they begin production of that trim sometime in Q3.
That's the point! They don't want to schedule me for (and I and I don't want to test drive) a car that isn't the one I'm buying

That's the point! They don't want to schedule me for (and I and I don't want to test drive) a car that isn't the one I'm buying
I guess those of us who wind up in that position will either have to take a leap of faith, take a pass or ask to postpone the decision ‘til later. I am grateful I don’t have to cross that bridge right now and the Touring will be similar enough in mechanicals to the Pure that a test-drive in one of those will be a good substitute for me. Best wishes as you struggle with this dilemma.

I guess those of us who wind up in that position will either have to take a leap of faith, take a pass or ask to postpone the decision ‘til later. I am grateful I don’t have to cross that bridge right now and the Touring will be similar enough in mechanicals to the Pure that a test-drive in one of those will be a good substitute for me. Best wishes as you struggle with this dilemma.
A second motor is supposedly available for the Pure. Then I think it would be like the Touring.

A second motor is supposedly available for the Pure. Then I think it would be like the Touring.
From what Sales Agent said, it will retain 480hp with the dual motor vs 620hp on the Touring but close enough!

It is a nice mall and closer and easier to get to from my home than the Meat
Packing District Studio which I visited last summer to meet my SA who was visiting. like others, I am not interested in test driving a model that isn’t like what I am buying. I made an early reservation for a Pure and my SA has told me that most likely I will be in the first wave of those to confirm a purchase. I hope they have a Pure tester before then or will let me test drive a Touring. Buying a car without experiencing It is a bit daunting. I’m grateful for all the owner information I pick up on this forum. The good thing about being last in the production line is that you can hope they have the major issues worked out by the time you take delivery.
I was in your position. I am closer to the NYC showroom (mile-wise) but Short Hills is faster time-wise (less traffic)...

Also, I visited the showroom and sat in the dream edition there when I was a Touring reservation holder. A couple weeks later, I upgraded that reservation to the Grand Touring.

I have not test driven any of the cars yet but based on scouring these forums and reading everything about this car, including customers who are a bit annoyed about some of the issues, there is no doubt I want to buy it.

I was in your position. I am closer to the NYC showroom (mile-wise) but Short Hills is faster time-wise (less traffic)...

Also, I visited the showroom and sat in the dream edition there when I was a Touring reservation holder. A couple weeks later, I upgraded that reservation to the Grand Touring.

I have not test driven any of the cars yet but based on scouring these forums and reading everything about this car, including customers who are a bit annoyed about some of the issues, there is no doubt I want to buy it.
What made you upgrade to GT?

My Lucid advisor told me (some time back) that when I got the call to confirm my reservation I could do a test drive at that time and could do it before confirming. I have reserved a Pure and I don't see any point, other than enjoyment, in test driving a Dream or GT which has a different drive train. I will wait.

What made you upgrade to GT?
Since I also upgraded, I'll respond with my reasoning. I originally reserved a P. Then I found out that P would not have ventilated seats which is a must have for me. I also wanted the glass canopy option so upgraded to T. Then, I was talking to someone where I volunteer about his older MS and he was saying that the battery is at a point where he would need to stop every 170 miles or so on a trip. I'm pretty frugal and keep my cars a long time so battery degradation could be an issue for me. Given my low annual mileage, my wife and brother seem to think this will be my last car. My brother also jabbed me with "at our age, why are you worried about what it costs?" Hey, I'm only 66. So even though I don't care about SS Pro or DD Pro, having the car give me a massage on my drive home from golf might be nice. BTW, I still use a pushcart and walk the course so does anyone know a good protective mat for the trunk area? Also fellow San Diegan @Sandvinsd keeps saying how 500 mile range is required for trips. Mapping out EA stations, a GT does eliminate 1 stop going from SD to Seattle and usually gives the option of skipping a charging stop and going to the next if it is full (charging to 80%, recharging near 20%). Going to areas outside the west coast, fewer L3 charging stations means the higher range will also come in handy. I don't enjoy flying so anything reachable with 1 overnight stop is a driving trip.

Since I also upgraded, I'll respond with my reasoning. I originally reserved a P. Then I found out that P would not have ventilated seats which is a must have for me. I also wanted the glass canopy option so upgraded to T. Then, I was talking to someone where I volunteer about his older MS and he was saying that the battery is at a point where he would need to stop every 170 miles or so on a trip. I'm pretty frugal and keep my cars a long time so battery degradation could be an issue for me. Given my low annual mileage, my wife and brother seem to think this will be my last car. My brother also jabbed me with "at our age, why are you worried about what it costs?" Hey, I'm only 66. So even though I don't care about SS Pro or DD Pro, having the car give me a massage on my drive home from golf might be nice. BTW, I still use a pushcart and walk the course so does anyone know a good protective mat for the trunk area? Also fellow San Diegan @Sandvinsd keeps saying how 500 mile range is required for trips. Mapping out EA stations, a GT does eliminate 1 stop going from SD to Seattle and usually gives the option of skipping a charging stop and going to the next if it is full (charging to 80%, recharging near 20%). Going to areas outside the west coast, fewer L3 charging stations means the higher range will also come in handy. I don't enjoy flying so anything reachable with 1 overnight stop is a driving trip.
All very good reasons. My principal reason for reserving a pure is that I don't think that the Lucid cars are ready for prime time as yet. But I expected that and by the time my Pure is ready, I think Lucid will have worked out its gremlins and I can then consider whether to upgrade. Most of my golf courses are pretty close except for Whirlwind and Quintero which are about 40-50 miles away.

Main reason, range anxiety from reading how nice it would be to have another 100+ miles of range... I wrote about it in more detail over here.

Very good and understandable reasons.

I'm frugal with my car as well. Heck if it wasnt for rising prices I won't be considering getting an EV now and I'd still be keeping my 9yr old car for a few more years at least. Battery degradation is one of my main concerns. Even with new EV models with low 300's miles I'm a bit skeptical. I was thinking after 6-9 years I'd be having 25% battery degradation. Then factor in the fact that people getting closer to 80% of the EPA estimate. Plus take into account at least 10% buffer. 300mi would become ~165mi which is not going to be enough for roundtrips to most places I'd want to go to. Potential traffic, hot weather, hills... I don't want to stress out or charge every 3hrs of trip. Whereas 400mi degraded to ~220mi I'd still be comfortable with round trips from Sacramento area to Bay Area and one way to Tahoe. I suppose your GT upgrade is equivalent reasoning as my upgrade from Model 3/Y to Air Pure.

I just checked San Diego and LA area. Knowing SoCal traffic I'd say it's a very wise decision for you to go for 500mi. You can even go straight to Las Vegas nonstop haha. Fast DC charging 300kw for GT is nice too. I hope it won't be your last car :)

I'm checking if I could see myself upgrading to GT for the extra 100mi, but quickly looking at the price difference of ~$53k vs my Pure config that's an immediate nope haha. I checked distances and cities around where I live. Looks like Pure/T range will be fine for me. Should have more chargers in 5+ years time too. Just thinking now if I'm willing to shell out more for Touring to get glass canopy although as pretty as it is I will be the driver. Could be dangerous for my ADHD seeing all those extra details and sceneries lol!

Very good and understandable reasons.

I'm frugal with my car as well. Heck if it wasnt for rising prices I won't be considering getting an EV now and I'd still be keeping my 9yr old car for a few more years at least. Battery degradation is one of my main concerns. Even with new EV models with low 300's miles I'm a bit skeptical. I was thinking after 6-9 years I'd be having 25% battery degradation. Then factor in the fact that people getting closer to 80% of the EPA estimate. Plus take into account at least 10% buffer. 300mi would become ~165mi which is not going to be enough for roundtrips to most places I'd want to go to. Potential traffic, hot weather, hills... I don't want to stress out or charge every 3hrs of trip. Whereas 400mi degraded to ~220mi I'd still be comfortable with round trips from Sacramento area to Bay Area and one way to Tahoe. I suppose your GT upgrade is equivalent reasoning as my upgrade from Model 3/Y to Air Pure.

I just checked San Diego and LA area. Knowing SoCal traffic I'd say it's a very wise decision for you to go for 500mi. You can even go straight to Las Vegas nonstop haha. Fast DC charging 300kw for GT is nice too. I hope it won't be your last car :)

I'm checking if I could see myself upgrading to GT for the extra 100mi, but quickly looking at the price difference of ~$53k vs my Pure config that's an immediate nope haha. I checked distances and cities around where I live. Looks like Pure/T range will be fine for me. Should have more chargers in 5+ years time too. Just thinking now if I'm willing to shell out more for Touring to get glass canopy although as pretty as it is I will be the driver. Could be dangerous for my ADHD seeing all those extra details and sceneries lol!
A few thoughts. First of all I believe Lucid guarantees the battery will have at least 70% after 10 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Secondly, you will only want to charge to 100% for long planned trips and normally will want to charge to only 80% to help ensure battery life exceeds the guarantee. So on my Dream Performance which has a 450 mile range, when I charge to 80% I get an estimated 360 miles of range. Then assuming I will actually only get 80% of that my realistic mileage is 288 miles. So by upgrading to the GT with an assumed range of 500 miles your local driving range would be right around 320 miles which will more than adequate to go from Sacramento to the Bay Area or to Lake Tahoe without any range anxiety. For the Touring or Pure you'll be looking at around 250 miles which is also adequate but possibly more stressful?? Lastly you are correct there will be more charging stations in 5 years but most likely there will also be many more EV's on the road at any time so wait times could be lengthy.

Back