Air Pure reservations

I have a feeling they will release more specifics when they start taking orders for the Pure. It is possible that some specifics of the Pure model are still under development.

In my case, I ordered Touring precisely for the 620 HP. I don't care one way or the other about the glass roof, and might well opt for metal. If the 2-motor Pure = 620 HP, what would I lose by taking it over Touring? (without getting into sound options and auto drive, the savings would be $10-12k).

Are there other downgrades from Touring to Pure?

In my case, I ordered Touring precisely for the 620 HP. I don't care one way or the other about the glass roof, and might well opt for metal. If the 2-motor Pure = 620 HP, what would I lose by taking it over Touring? (without getting into sound options and auto drive, the savings would be $10-12k).

I believe cooled seats are not an option on the Pure.

I heard the exact opposite from Lucid, two sales reps said that AWD adds an extra motor which increased output. From my view, it makes zero sense to add an entire second motor and try to engineer it back down to 480hp via software, and I'm not sure that's even feasible or sane. We'll have to wait and see as it's all speculation, but I'll cancel my order if the AWD option results in some software gymnastics to throttle power down by 140 horses.
It also totally didnt make sense to me when my sales rep told me HP stays the same so I get you

Glass roof and AWD as you mentioned. In addition Touring has 20 inch wheels vs 19 for Pure. Touring has leather seating vs PurLuxe leather alternative in the Pure. Touring you can choose the interior color, Pure is only offered in Mojave (grey).

The only way it can stay the same is if they use the software to lock it, but then charge to release it? Telsa does that. You can't add a second motor and NOT increase HP and torque, the laws of physics apply to Lucid.

The only way it can stay the same is if they use the software to lock it, but then charge to release it? Telsa does that. You can't add a second motor and NOT increase HP and torque, the laws of physics apply to Lucid.
The Dream, GT and Touring all have two motors, but different horsepower. So I could easily see the two-motor Pure having less HP than Touring. It shouldn’t be the same as RWD, maybe, but that doesn’t mean it’s the same as Touring.

Pure reserved 10/17/2020. Zenith Red. AWD option, maybe. Sold by the tech and Rawlinson as well as design. The last time I asked my SA, the Pure options had not been finalized. Given my reservation date my SA said I should be among the early deliveries. I am hoping for 1Q ’23. I have a 2013 MKZ with the glass roof option that slides back. I love it, but my wife hates it - so metal roof it is with the Air. Waiting to hear 1st quater report as to how many cars have rolled off the assembly line. Seems like no one has a solid number on how many each of Grand Touring, Touring, and Pure have been reserved. Wonder which group is the bulge in the python’s belly.
I had heard that Pure to T + GT is 3.5 : 1

I had heard that Pure to T + GT is 3.5 : 1

Apparently Lucid was disappointed with how many Grand Touring reservations they got (expecting a lot more). That could've changed however, since that was around the time they had 13,000 reservations. Now they have 30,000 reservations.

With all the Tesla price increases and a base Model Y at 65k you are getting ALOT more car in a base Air Pure at 69,900 after tax rebate. I’m sure they have a lot of Pure reservations.

Not necessarily. Power is more than just the motor. Do they use different electronics, battery packs or cooling for either the batteries or the electronics? II could see where the RWD might have the same power as the AWD if the smaller battery, power electronics and/or cooling design limit power output.

1652312453277.jpeg

IF the second motor on the Pure DOES add HP.

Finally confirmation of $1500 from 19" to 20". Anyone know how much Lucid charges to change wheels and recalibration? Since I'm getting Touring I can get the 20" it comes with it then swap for 19" + cash.

View attachment 2110

Interesting and insightful. However the glass roof is what, $4k for T. Why would I want DDP when it is not even ready. I would never buy FSD from Tesla. I would consider a monthly subscription. I could never pay for SSS.

This is good info for those who want to load a Pure, get a T.

Finally confirmation of $1500 from 19" to 20". Anyone know how much Lucid charges to change wheels and recalibration? Since I'm getting Touring I can get the 20" it comes with it then swap for 19" + cash.
Based on the configurator you save $0 not what one expects.

Based on the configurator you save $0 not what one expects.
I wasn't clear. I meant to flip it to someone who has a 19" Pure and wants the 20" so instead of them paying $1500 or more then I can just sell my 20" for their 19" + cash.

I wasn't clear. I meant to flip it to someone who has a 19" Pure and wants the 20" so instead of them paying $1500 or more then I can just sell my 20" for their 19" + cash.
I'm in Atlanta. I'd be interested, but you'd have to be near by.

View attachment 2110
Well...a couple of unknowns :
What will Pure HP be with AWD?
Can I get a Touring w/o DDPro? I was able to reserve without it,,don't want it---I'll by this car to drive IT, not vice versa
Per my rez, I'm not paying 1500 for 20" wheels for Touring
So back t0 where I started: if the HP in both cases is 620 I'll save 10k+ w

Back