Air Pure reservations

Mike's math: removing 4 battery packs will make the 118kWh battery a 95kWH battery. Assuming the same or slightly better efficiency, due to the reduction in weight, from the batteries the 95kWh powered Pure should deliver 4.2x95 =400 miles At the current price point, the Pure will be very competitive and a lot lighter due to the reduced weight. I have a deposit on a pure RWD. If my math proves right, I will keep the Pure and sell the DEP.

7760BC3A-0D68-47C3-9F74-0CB721E3998E.jpeg

The missing 4 packs also makes more leg room height-wise.

we sold our 2014 model S a couple of years ago - when it was 6 years old but had 110K miles and it had lost 15 miles out of 265 rated when new so about 6%. This was with quite a bit of supercharging due to our cross country trips and free supercharging.

Wow, that’s really impressive. I feel better knowing this. Thank you.

Which I dont disagree with, but not sure how that really relates to my comment since the main topic is about current trim selections and specs that are currently being produced/soon to be produced for this generation of Air and not 2024 or 2050 models. If I buy the latest highest end iPhone I expect it to be that case for at least some time. I'd be upset if in one month they surprisingly came out with higher spec with same or lower price. If the new release was due to supply issue or a fix then thats more acceptable. There will be upgrades and improvements, but companies tend to respect or follow some sort of product cycle / timeline to not upset recent customers (among other reasons).

It was clear to me in the battery video that they can and will be doing more HP and even more range is coming. Who knows when, but everything changes. I just want more info on the Pure AWD 🙏

It was clear to me in the battery video that they can and will be doing more HP and even more range is coming. Who knows when, but everything changes. I just want more info on the Pure AWD 🙏
Maybe there's long enough delay that they can implement those improvements before the first Pure rolls out xD

Its a great design... from what I can see Lucid can remove six battery packs the front motor with little or no configuration. The car would be lighter with lower center of gravity and a much better driver's car

I get the feeling my Pure won't be ready for another year. I put in my order in April. 🤣 hopefully by then all big bugs would be squashed.

Its a great design... from what I can see Lucid can remove six battery packs the front motor with little or no configuration. The car would be lighter with lower center of gravity and a much better driver's car
I did a test drive yesterday in a GT but I have reserved a Pure. My guide, Ethan, noted that driving in smooth is essentially using the 480 HP of the Pure but the Pure will be about 400 pounds lighter. Of course, for those of us who are RWD purists (and live where we can be purists), the Pure is not only lighter but RWD. Win/win as far as I am concerned.

Love the way it drove.

I get the feeling my Pure won't be ready for another year. I put in my order in April. 🤣 hopefully by then all big bugs would be squashed.
The reservation # seems daunting---but I haven't heard any update from 30,000, and that was at least two months ago--this is a business dilemma: they'd love to tell the financial press/markets that reservations have grown significantly...but doing so might discourage new buyers because they're producing so slowly.

Also we don't have any intel on the rate of cancelations--a lot of people have a modest deposit down on multiple EVs but will only buy one.

My SA just responded to my question about time-frame for Pure since Touring is pushed back. He replied (and he has been reliable to date) that guidance on the Pure hasn’t changed. Production will begin late 4th quarter 2022 with the majority of deliveries in early 2023. I reminded him I am not getting any younger and I hope this holds!

My SA just responded to my question about time-frame for Pure since Touring is pushed back. He replied (and he has been reliable to date) that guidance on the Pure hasn’t changed. Production will begin late 4th quarter 2022 with the majority of deliveries in early 2023. I reminded him I am not getting any younger and I hope this holds!
I have reserved a Pure as well. If you believe that the majority of the Pures will be delivered in early 2023 I have some excellent beach front property to sell you in Arizona. Do the math.

Having said that, I am willing to wait. But I have the advantage of a very nice daily driver until they get to me.

I have reserved a Pure as well. If you believe that the majority of the Pures will be delivered in early 2023 I have some excellent beach front property to sell you in Arizona. Do the math.

Having said that, I am willing to wait. But I have the advantage of a very nice daily driver until they get to me.
It depends on how many GTs and Ts are to be made this year.

I hear they're spraying Raid....1

The big reason I want my pure to show up quickly is that I can still get top dollar for my old Model 3, but yeah, its looking grim that it will show up this year as they said when I signed up or even early next year.

I’m torn between wanting it now, not because my default daily is dying. It’s an ‘04 T-Bird, and I had not wished to be putting these kind miles on it. So, I would love to have imy Air Pure now. But I recognize that longer means more time to address the issues early adopters are identifying. I appreciated Hydbob’s recent compilation and forwarded it to my SA who has recently received a well-deserved promotion. So, would I have liked to have had it yesterday? Yes. But will waiting be beneficial to a better product? I hope so. My other perspective is that “patience is a virtue;“ I put in my order in October 2020, and Lucid is assisting in my much needed effort to practice patience. As retired clergy, a bonus, in addition to contributing to a more sustainable earth.

I’m torn between wanting it now, not because my default daily is dying. It’s an ‘04 T-Bird, and I had not wished to be putting these kind miles on it. So, I would love to have imy Air Pure now. But I recognize that longer means more time to address the issues early adopters are identifying. I appreciated Hydbob’s recent compilation and forwarded it to my SA who has recently received a well-deserved promotion. So, would I have liked to have had it yesterday? Yes. But will waiting be beneficial to a better product? I hope so. My other perspective is that “patience is a virtue;“ I put in my order in October 2020, and Lucid is assisting in my much needed effort to practice patience. As retired clergy, a bonus, in addition to contributing to a more sustainable earth.
I hope you get a bug-free Pure, sooner rather than later

does anyone know how to downgrade GT reservation to pure online? or do I have to go through the sales people? thanks!

Back