Air Pure reservations

While designing a Pure it does not show AWD or Dual Motor options. How are you reserving a AWD pure? Also any one know what the weight difference is between Pure, Touring and GT?

While designing a Pure it does not show AWD or Dual Motor options. How are you reserving a AWD pure? Also any one know what the weight difference is between Pure, Touring and GT?
At one point you could choose AWD for the Pure. My reservation mentions AWD. However at some point they removed the distinction. I noticed it when I went to add dream drive to my configuration.

I reserved mine end of q1fy22 so I'm worried by the time I receive mine, the rebates will be all gone 😢
The rebate is good for the first 200K vehicles by a manufacturer. If LUCID is projecting to deliver under 20K for 2022, am sure they wont hit 200K cumulative for few more years.

At one point you could choose AWD for the Pure. My reservation mentions AWD. However at some point they removed the distinction. I noticed it when I went to add dream drive to my configuration.
Got it. Thanks

The rebate is good for the first 200K vehicles by a manufacturer. If LUCID is projecting to deliver under 20K for 2022, am sure they wont hit 200K cumulative for few more years.
Yes. It is going to be several years before they hit 200k cars (Maybe a decade at their snail’s pace of deliveries this year) if you lose the rebate, it will be because congress changes the rules like they were trying to do with BBB.

My SA just responded to my question about time-frame for Pure since Touring is pushed back. He replied (and he has been reliable to date) that guidance on the Pure hasn’t changed. Production will begin late 4th quarter 2022 with the majority of deliveries in early 2023. I reminded him I am not getting any younger and I hope this holds!
I reserved a Pure (in addition to the AGT I have) when prices were going up mostly in case a family member wants it. Just received an email from a service advisor. And I quote “ We will begin delivery of the first Air Pure trim-level vehicles by the end of this calendar year, with test drive scheduling and invitations to configure / order from the factory coming in the months prior.” That’s a good one. If they deliver any Pures this calendar year, I will be beyond shocked.

Lucid has been making cars for sometime now. Other than supplier issues, Lucid must have removed a lot of the major bottlenecks by now and on its way to increase production exponentially.

Lucid has been making cars for sometime now. Other than supplier issues, Lucid must have removed a lot of the major bottlenecks by now and on its way to increase production exponentially.
Fingers crossed!

Yes. It is going to be several years before they hit 200k cars (Maybe a decade at their snail’s pace of deliveries this year) if you lose the rebate, it will be because congress changes the rules like they were trying to do with BBB.
It can’t take a decade to get to 200k total (and I can’t imagine it will). I think they need to be at 200k in a single year within 3-4 years or so. 20k a year is never going to come close to making a profit- if that drags on for anything near 10 years even the Saudi government is going to tire of pumping money in.

One would have thought. But with my DA’s email of up to another 7 week delay, or up to 13 weeks post VIN assignment, it is obvious that they have not solved the bottlenecks.

One would have thought. But with my DA’s email of up to another 7 week delay, or up to 13 weeks post VIN assignment, it is obvious that they have not solved the bottlenecks.
Yes. It seems they are still building them by hand. That may not be such a bad thing. Having ours since 12/21, I can tell you it is a car worth waiting for.

Hello! First time posting. I placed a deposit on the Pure in May 2022 before the price increase. I actually don't need or want a car for a couple more years. I only placed a deposit for the decreased price. Is there a chance I'll get until, say, beginning of 2024 to decide to purchase the car? Thanks.

Hello! First time posting. I placed a deposit on the Pure in May 2022 before the price increase. I actually don't need or want a car for a couple more years. I only placed a deposit for the decreased price. Is there a chance I'll get until, say, beginning of 2024 to decide to purchase the car? Thanks.
I pre-ordered mine around the same time and asked the same Q. Early to somewhat-mid 2024 is not out of the question.

1656006938008.png

Any other know spec details on the Dual vs Single motor options - other than that the single motor option will be further delayed?

Any other know spec details on the Dual vs Single motor options - other than that the single motor option will be further delayed?

No detail is out yet. We are all waiting on this info. Once it is released you won't miss the update.

wait, what? the RWD is delayed? officially? seriously? by how long?
The RWD was always going to ship later. How much later is still anyone’s guess. Lucid seems to have made a general change to their web site in many places from naming quarters for availability to just saying “later availability.” Better to be vague than make promises you’re not sure you can deliver.

The changes are gradual to have less disruption in assembly line. It is strategically planned that way.

Back