Air Pure reservations

I received a "Welcome to the Lucid Community" email on Wednesday from a Sales Advisor. Nice touch. I sent him a follow-up asking about rough timelines, to which I got the following response:

The Pure is on track to go into production at the end of the year. Once production begins, we will work through our list of reservation holders sequentially to the day and time they reserved. Once your spot in line comes up, we will have a delivery estimate.

I'll still be very pleasantly surprised if I see the car before 2024. But in the meantime I appreciate the personal approach, even for a lowly Pure reservation holder :D

That is my feeling as well. I will be pleasantly surprised if they get to me before 2024. But my DD is very comfortable so I can wait.

I received a "Welcome to the Lucid Community" email on Wednesday from a Sales Advisor. Nice touch. I sent him a follow-up asking about rough timelines, to which I got the following response:

The Pure is on track to go into production at the end of the year. Once production begins, we will work through our list of reservation holders sequentially to the day and time they reserved. Once your spot in line comes up, we will have a delivery estimate.

I'll still be very pleasantly surprised if I see the car before 2024. But in the meantime I appreciate the personal approach, even for a lowly Pure reservation holder :D
I can't see how it takes that long unless they run into productions issues, but even then I think 30k-40k cars doable.

How many reservations? Over 30k
Based on what I gather 50%-60% of those are Pure. Of that 30k+ they are making 12k-14k in 2022 roughly. They should be able to produce double that in 2023 which leads me to see 2023 as the year.

I can't see how it takes that long unless they run into productions issues, but even then I think 30k-40k cars doable.

How many reservations? Over 30k
Based on what I gather 50%-60% of those are Pure. Of that 30k+ they are making 12k-14k in 2022 roughly. They should be able to produce double that in 2023 which leads me to see 2023 as the year.
I hope you are right but I expect they will continue to be selling GTs and Tourings and those will generally be before they sell us Pures.

I hope you are right but I expect they will continue to be selling GTs and Tourings and those will generally be before they sell us Pures.

Let's call it 40K reservations for the Air. Half Pure: 20K & half AGT & GT: 20k
They will make 12k-14k this year 2022 which will be 90% AGT and GT I suspect if not 97%. That leaves 20K Pure and 6k-8k AGT/GT
They have already retooled the plant for Pure, so they are ready. This leaves ~28k cars for 2023 which again I see them hitting or surpassing. AMP-1 is 30k cars, but who knows. I see things half full.

No matter how many more Touring and GTs they sell, I doubt it will put production of Pure very far off its target. There just aren’t that many people who can afford a 100k+ car, who also happen to want electric, who also happen to want a sedan, who also happen to not want a Tesla.

AMP1 is relatively small compared to what it will be with phases 2 & 3. I assume they could then make all trims with all colors at once.

AMP1 is relatively small compared to what it will be with phases 2 & 3. I assume they could then make all trims with all colors at once.
Yes. For example, I believe that they currently can only produce one color at a time. They paint a batch and then have to switch over the paint shop. The expansion will allow all colors to be produced without changeovers which should speed up everything.

Also Surereal Sound Pro is coming first. I reserved Pure AWD, Surealsound Pro, DreamdrivePro and it says Q4 2022 availability but the SA said that I may get mine in Q1 23 to be realistic. I paid a deposit on Nov 21. Now it is clear that AWD will have a dual motor. Probably the same as Touring AWD. I prefer 19" wheels for a better ride.

Also Surereal Sound Pro is coming first. I reserved Pure AWD, Surealsound Pro, DreamdrivePro and it says Q4 2022 availability but the SA said that I may get mine in Q1 23 to be realistic. I paid a deposit on Nov 21. Now it is clear that AWD will have a dual motor. Probably the same as Touring AWD. I prefer 19" wheels for a better ride.

I don't think it matters WHEN you reserved as mush as it matters WHAT you reserved. If you reserved in the first 1,000 but you want the bare bones PURE I am sure someone who reserved at 25,000 and wants an AGT or GT with top-of-the-line specs is getting a car first. That's how I see it.

I don't think it matters WHEN you reserved as mush as it matters WHAT you reserved. If you reserved in the first 1,000 but you want the bare bones PURE I am sure someone who reserved at 25,000 and wants an AGT or GT with top-of-the-line specs is getting a car first. That's how I see it.
I agree. Their strategy is always to prioritize the most expensive version to maximize the revenue. That is critical for their survival. If more people order AGT and GT or upgrade from Pure, Pure will get pushed out even more.

I agree. Their strategy is always to prioritize the most expensive version to maximize the revenue. That is critical for their survival. If more people order AGT and GT or upgrade from Pure, Pure will get pushed out even more.
I disagree. It’s all about assembly line steps, the lesser the steps, the higher the production which leads to higher profitability. Right now they are catering to higher tier trim to build their reputation. They are in teething process of mass production. Higher end trims also have more steps and more new processes to experiment and to refine. They rather build more units faster.

I disagree. It’s all about assembly line steps, the lesser the steps, the higher the production which leads to higher profitability. Right now they are catering to higher tier trim to build their reputation. They are in teething process of mass production. Higher end trims also have more steps and more new processes to experiment and to refine. They rather build more units faster.
Mass production requires electronic component shortage to improve such as battery, displays, sensors. if they have less inventory of those like most auto manufacturers, would it not make sense to maximize revenue with what components they have and software revenue? If they have very few motors, then I would agree that producing more RWD can mean more volume. If they have less roof glass also, it makes more sense to build models without a glass roof. I have no specific info on their component situation. I am assuming that their shortage is in battery, displays and sensors. I did hear that their motor capacity is limited though.

Will Lucid honor the early Air Pure reservations? Mine is $10,700 cheaper than what it cost right now. It seems like a hell of deal now lol.

Will Lucid honor the early Air Pure reservations? Mine is $10,700 cheaper than what it cost right now. It seems like a hell of deal now lol.
Yes

Today I received an email from Lucid, offering that I could get my vehicle earlier IF I upgraded to a Touring or Gran Touring AT THE CURRENT PRICING. Uh, thanks, but no thanks. I ordered a Pure in May of this year before the $10K price increase. I don't NEED the car ASAP, and frankly, I was only ever interested in the Pure. I don't need 1111 HP, and because there will be a lower amperage draw, I believe that the Pure will have better battery life (if not range) than the other models.

Today I received an email from Lucid, offering that I could get my vehicle earlier IF I upgraded to a Touring or Gran Touring AT THE CURRENT PRICING. Uh, thanks, but no thanks. I ordered a Pure in May of this year before the $10K price increase. I don't NEED the car ASAP, and frankly, I was only ever interested in the Pure. I don't need 1111 HP, and because there will be a lower amperage draw, I believe that the Pure will have better battery life (if not range) than the other models.
I got a marketing email as well today but it didn't mention anything about pricing. Did your's specify current pricing?

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 5.11.35 PM.png

Same here. I will drive my 2006 ls430 with just 90k miles for now and keep it as a 3rd car. Lexus is a fantastic highway cruiser. I hear mostly road or wind noise. Instead of getting a more expensive lucid I am interested in the ioniq 5 limited as 2nd ev.

Back