Air Dream Deliveries?

Yea but the SC network can't be the best if it can only charge Tesla.

That may be, but this is not a ranking of charging networks. It's a ranking of the best that individual sites can do in a best-case scenario, not a ranking of what wide-based customer experiences of the entire system are.

That may be, but this is not a ranking of charging networks. It's a ranking of the best that individual sites can do in a best-case scenario, not a ranking of what wide-based customer experiences of the entire system are.
Has anyone seen a Dream Edition higher than #295 anywhere???? It seems like there has been a pause on deliveries again.

I swear this article was posted last year as well, but here we are again

I laughed when I saw this. I'm like, did EA pay them because when you google EA charging issues you will see all the car forums come up across different brands with the issues people have with EA.

The chargers also run on 3G so no wonder they take 10 years to authenticate a session out in the middle of nowhere. EA didn't think that the 3G network was going to shut down so now they're going out and replacing all the modems in the chargers to 4G by 2026. I swear, VW just has no clue when it comes to tech and future proofing. They just live in the now.

I laughed when I saw this. I'm like, did EA pay them because when you google EA charging issues you will see all the car forums come up across different brands with the issues people have with EA.

The chargers also run on 3G so no wonder they take 10 years to authenticate a session out in the middle of nowhere. EA didn't think that the 3G network was going to shut down so now they're going out and replacing all the modems in the chargers to 4G by 2026. I swear, VW just has no clue when it comes to tech and future proofing. They just live in the now.

So when they finish replacing the 3Gs by 2026 they can start replacing those replacements with 5G because 4G will be shutting down.

So when they finish replacing the 3Gs by 2026 they can start replacing those replacements with 5G because 4G will be shutting down.
Exactly! It's so stupid. Tesla uses satellite but also helps that they have starlink under there belt

Tesla uses satellite?
No.

However, since they own the cars and charging infrastructure, they are free to do “delayed billing” and could theoretically either let the superchargers queue up bills, or let the cars report the bills to the central system later when Wi-Fi is messed up.

No.

However, since they own the cars and charging infrastructure, they are free to do “delayed billing” and could theoretically either let the superchargers queue up bills, or let the cars report the bills to the central system later when Wi-Fi is messed up.

Has anyone seen a Dream Edition higher than #295 anywhere???? It seems like there has been a pause on deliveries again.
I agree there seems to be a pause in deliveries! If someone has a Dream edition Higher please let us know.

I agree there seems to be a pause in deliveries! If someone has a Dream edition Higher please let us know.
Lucid just posted a few more on its twitter feed.

Cool, at least 3 more deliveries
I saw about four Facebook posts confirming deliveries over the last week (Monday, and three Wednesday). Remember there's 520 DEs and less than 500 members on this forum (half having GTs, Ts, and Ps).

Could just be that the new delivery owners haven't made their way over to the forum yet. If we did a roll call here what would we have in terms of DE owners with cars and waiting on cars...I don't think any more than 15.

Only 73 dreams left to deliver and the 520 are done!!

@blueice89 - How many DE's left to delivery? This is from Bear's Workshop on Friday. 84 total cars with 24 new (or in new parking spot).

1644070204098.png

Yes, i believe they are trying to get all Dreams delivered by sometime in March.....and then start delivering Grand Tourings after that.

Yes, i believe they are trying to get all Dreams delivered by sometime in March.....and then start delivering Grand Tourings after that.
Most people with GT reservations got 2-4 months with the earliest four month estimate ending late February (~Feb 28). I have a feeling they will miss the early four month windows.

Back