Air Dream Deliveries?

Yes.

You can still do binding if you want, but it’s not mandatory then
You can still do arbitration*

(You cannot bind Lucid to arbitration without a separate agreement, and vice versa. It just gives you the ability to take it to the courts if you choose to do so. Lucid and other corps will almost always prefer arbitration, hence the attempt to bind you to it, because it is cheaper and large companies tend to have the upper hand over consumers in arbitration, though not in all cases.

Not a lawyer, this isn’t legal advice, etc.)
And, I believe, opting out makes it easier to join any class action disputes that might arise. Hopefully, none, since that would be a mess. Prefer the company spend its resources improving the products instead of defending litigation all over the place.

And, I believe, opting out makes it easier to join any class action disputes that might arise. Hopefully, none, since that would be a mess. Prefer the company spend its resources improving the products instead of defending litigation all over the place.

Yup. In fact, the agreement explicitly prohibits class actions, and limits the statute of limitations of any claims to one year.

WE EACH AGREE THAT YOU AND WE MAY BRING DISPUTES AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN A
CLASS, COLLECTIVE, CONSOLIDATED, OR
REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. The arbitrator cannot combine more than one person’s claim into a single case, and cannot
preside over any class, collective, consolidated, or representative arbitration proceeding (unless we both agree to change this in writing). We also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to: 1) enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual
property rights; 2) file bankruptcy; 3) enforce a security interest in the Vehicle by repossession; 4) take legal action in court
to enforce the arbitrator’s decision; or 5) request that a court review whether the arbitrator exceeded the authority granted by
this Arbitration Agreement.

You also agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to these Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. Any portion of this
Arbitration Agreement that is unenforceable shall be severed, and the remaining portions shall be enforced. But if the waiver of class action rights is deemed unenforceable in connection with a claim involving class allegations, the entire Arbitration Agreement shall be unenforceable.

I also hope they never get sued, but I don’t like agreements that predict the future. :)

Yup. In fact, the agreement explicitly prohibits class actions, and limits the statute of limitations of any claims to one year.

I also hope they never get sued, but I don’t like agreements that predict the future. :)
With only 520 DE Owners, I suspect if anything rose to the level of class-type litigation, so many of us would have been affected that most courts would seriously consider invalidating this provision, if for no other than to mitigate unnecessary consumption of the courts' resources. I imagine anything emerging of that order would be aggressively resolved by the company, since any class contest from DE Owners would be extremely costly on several fronts.

Let's hope this all stays hypothetical.

You can still do arbitration*

(You cannot bind Lucid to arbitration without a separate agreement, and vice versa. It just gives you the ability to take it to the courts if you choose to do so. Lucid and other corps will almost always prefer arbitration, hence the attempt to bind you to it, because it is cheaper and large companies tend to have the upper hand over consumers in arbitration, though not in all cases.

Not a lawyer, this isn’t legal advice, etc.)
So what would be the advantage in not requesting this?

So what would be the advantage in not requesting this?

For Lucid or any other large company? Nothing. They want to bind you to arbitration to avoid the costs and risks of lawsuits.

For the consumer? Lots. Mandatory arbitration can essentially nullify legal protections we have.

In many cases where arbitration clauses are present, you are not only giving up your rights to go to court for your disagreement, but you're also agreeing to give up your rights to sue for negligence, defective products, or scams. So if an arbitration clause is automatically agreed upon as soon as you buy a product or service, you are instantly losing your rights to hold the company accountable in court. Let's assume that all vehicle manufacturers have a mandatory arbitration clause that prohibits you from suing for any reason. All of those people who suffered injuries and death of loved ones due to those high-profile Jeep fires, GM ignition switch defects that shut cars off while driving or Takata airbags that fired shrapnel at occupants would never have been able to take the companies to court... ever.

My original order was placed last May for the Grand Touring and I put myself on the waitlist for the Dream Edition. I was upgraded and confirmed my order for the Dream on October 21st. So in two weeks (same day as Earnings Call) I will hit the four month date. While somewhat upset at the long wait I am encouraged by the software improvements thus far. I was negotiating for a Taycan Turbo S (2020 model) when I originally placed the Grand Touring order last May and based on the latest video comparing the two car’s performance I am very happy I didn’t succeed in those negotiations as I would have had a two year older car with less performance at essentially the same price.

My original order was placed last May for the Grand Touring and I put myself on the waitlist for the Dream Edition. I was upgraded and confirmed my order for the Dream on October 21st. So in two weeks (same day as Earnings Call) I will hit the four month date. While somewhat upset at the long wait I am encouraged by the software improvements thus far. I was negotiating for a Taycan Turbo S (2020 model) when I originally placed the Grand Touring order last May and based on the latest video comparing the two car’s performance I am very happy I didn’t succeed in those negotiations as I would have had a two year older car with less performance at essentially the same price.

The longer you can wait, the better the car will be upon delivery.

They must have some real serious issues if they are still working through the DE queue/pipeline as of the ER. That could indicate they are about 2 months behind their plan.

On one hand, it’s positive since they’ll solve some of the early software issues by the time I get mine, maybe May/June. On the other hand it won’t be good for the stock short term.

They must have some real serious issues if they are still working through the DE queue/pipeline as of the ER. That could indicate they are about 2 months behind their plan.

On one hand, it’s positive since they’ll solve some of the early software issues by the time I get mine, maybe May/June. On the other hand it won’t be good for the stock short term.
My guess is they have only delivered around 300-350 Dream Editions thus far. I'm hoping by the end of February but maybe too optimistic. In any case, maybe by the time I get mine they will have Apple CarPlay up and running!!

My guess is they have only delivered around 300-350 Dream Editions thus far. I'm hoping by the end of February but maybe too optimistic. In any case, maybe by the time I get mine they will have Apple CarPlay up and running!!
I did get my VIN# in mid December for that is worth.

Anyone who expected Lucid to meet those deadlines was smoking weed. Actually, I am pleasantly surprised at how well they have done (as economists will say: it is amazing the impact of expectations).

Anyone who expected Lucid to meet those deadlines was smoking weed. Actually, I am pleasantly surprised at how well they have done (as economists will say: it is amazing the impact of expectations).
Yeah expectations are a bitch!! However when the CEO promises 577 deliveries by year end and then doesn't deliver, that's a major problem for the company. I'm sure there will be numerous excuses but the fact will still remain they didn't even come close to the commitment.

Yeah expectations are a bitch!! However when the CEO promises 577 deliveries by year end and then doesn't deliver, that's a major problem for the company. I'm sure there will be numerous excuses but the fact will still remain they didn't even come close to the commitment.

Have they explained the delay? Mine was the “fit and finish” issue but that got resolved quickly and delivered.

Yeah same response back in December. “Fit and Finish”. No specifics and DA and HA also can’t provide any specific answers. She does call me about once a week and says no news still waiting for notification it has shipped. I’m assuming I’ll be one of the last.

Production hell is when you fix one problem hoping to speed up the line and two or more pop up that were not there before. You are out of Production hell when every fix eliminates a bottleneck in the production line. Given the rate of production over the last three months I believe Lucid is still stuck in Production hell. However, I am impressed how they manage to produce 5-10 cars a day while in Production hell.

Anyone heard about new DE#s? The last I heard was 295. I’m assuming we’re well over 300 by now. But who knows?

On one of the Facebook owners groups someone just posted that they got their Dream Performance this past weekend. So I asked for their DE number assuming it would be in the 300s. But it wasn’t. It is 263. I’m surprised.

Back