Air Dream Deliveries?

On one of the Facebook owners groups someone just posted that they got their Dream Performance this past weekend. So I asked for their DE number assuming it would be in the 300s. But it wasn’t. It is 263. I’m surprised.
I got my weekly call from my HA this afternoon. She said my car is "completed" but they are still waiting for a "fit and finish" part and then my Dream will go through final inspection and hopefully get shipped. I asked if we are talking days, weeks, or ?? She said she didn't have any estimate of when my car will be shipped.

I got my weekly call from my HA this afternoon. She said my car is "completed" but they are still waiting for a "fit and finish" part and then my Dream will go through final inspection and hopefully get shipped. I asked if we are talking days, weeks, or ?? She said she didn't have any estimate of when my car will be shipped.

It's a bummer they still haven't resolved the "fit and finish" issue. I'm surprised this is still slowing down production.

It's a bummer they still haven't resolved the "fit and finish" issue. I'm surprised this is still slowing down production.
I wish that somehow there would be a “leak” as to exactly what the specific part is. I’m just curious.

On one of the Facebook owners groups someone just posted that they got their Dream Performance this past weekend. So I asked for their DE number assuming it would be in the 300s. But it wasn’t. It is 263. I’m surprised.
It's been all over the place. I think it's because fit and finish parts, software update, and delivery issue. ????

Well, talked to one of the service guys today. This is what he told me regarding the fit and finish parts. There were certain components that are ordered and set to be delivered within a certain time frame, so not a "we have enough components to make 520 cars" but rather a parts arrive then we assemble, that the parts when inspected had defects from the supplier. This delayed the schedule and also took extra time because the batches were inconsistent in the defects and re-inspection of already assembled cars took place to ensure quality. So it just pushed everything back because then that supplier had to redo their part which came from another part, and so on and so on. To sum it all up, supply chain issues!

Yes, the well known "Just in Time" delivery turning into "Almost but not quite really" in time delivery.

Well, talked to one of the service guys today. This is what he told me regarding the fit and finish parts. There were certain components that are ordered and set to be delivered within a certain time frame, so not a "we have enough components to make 520 cars" but rather a parts arrive then we assemble, that the parts when inspected had defects from the supplier. This delayed the schedule and also took extra time because the batches were inconsistent in the defects and re-inspection of already assembled cars took place to ensure quality. So it just pushed everything back because then that supplier had to redo their part which came from another part, and so on and so on. To sum it all up, supply chain issues!

Even w/o JIT supply-chain problem we have now, things like this happen from time to time. Just that on a young & new company like Lucid, the problem is magnified.

My friend is a plant GM for a large (very large) shoemakers, a few months ago, they were supposed to deliver 10K pairs of shoes for a US retailer as a promotion program with the NCAA. Upon arrival to the US market, those shoes were found to be non-compliant (something that has to do with trademark) - hence all had to be shredded. The plant (in Asia) had to work 3 shifts to make up for them, and the company has to charter a cargo plane to bring them to the US. Took more than a month & missed the org schedule by a week or so.

Even w/o JIT supply-chain problem we have now, things like this happen from time to time. Just that on a young & new company like Lucid, the problem is magnified.

My friend is a plant GM for a large (very large) shoemakers, a few months ago, they were supposed to deliver 10K pairs of shoes for a US retailer as a promotion program with the NCAA. Upon arrival to the US market, those shoes were found to be non-compliant (something that has to do with trademark) - hence all had to be shredded. The plant (in Asia) had to work 3 shifts to make up for them, and the company has to charter a cargo plane to bring them to the US. Took more than a month & missed the org schedule by a week or so.
Guess that company is a fraud also like Lucid according to a lot in people...

Guess that company is a fraud also like Lucid according to a lot in people...
I understand the Asian manufacturer made good on their product commitment. That may have been a mistake, but not fraud.

Two weeks ago I was led to believe said part had already arrived for my car and a "dozen" others in the same position and that final inspection, shipment, and purchase agreement would follow in short order. I hadn't received a VIN up until then. But there's been no news since. So either inspection is taking this long, they found more quality issues, not every car is waiting for the same part from the same manufacturer, or they didn't receive enough parts all at once. Probably some combination...

Two weeks ago I was led to believe said part had already arrived for my car and a "dozen" others in the same position and that final inspection, shipment, and purchase agreement would follow in short order. I hadn't received a VIN up until then. But there's been no news since. So either inspection is taking this long, they found more quality issues, not every car is waiting for the same part from the same manufacturer, or they didn't receive enough parts all at once. Probably some combination...
Not every car is waiting on the same part, my senior contact was very clear on that.

So if they are still working on DEs can they be also building GTs.? It would seem they might be able to do both given the similarities.

Also, I’m not sure if this has been talked about. The cars seen wrapped in the parking lot (in Bears videos), do some of those get brought back inside to be “finished” with awaiting parts?

So if they are still working on DEs can they be also building GTs.? It would seem they might be able to do both given the similarities.
It seems that they have built some test drive GTs while building the Dream Editions. It seems to not be a problem to build both. Assembly may take 2-3 weeks. Last week we started hearing from delivery advisors that GT VINs were being issued. This week a couple members of this forum received GT Vins. This implies that GTs are starting production but we will still see DEs coming out off the factory for a couple more weeks.

I understand the Asian manufacturer made good on their product commitment. That may have been a mistake, but not fraud.
Sorry that was my sarcastic comment aimed at some of the lurkers here

Did you find out ?!
Ah, see my other post earlier: they have delayed me a week, to 2/14, in response to my request that they please don’t send my car until it has 1.17. And interestingly, then they started asking for full payment…

Well a delay of a week is at least means Dreams don’t finish until after 2/14. I will stick with current dates to mid March.

Ah, see my other post earlier: they have delayed me a week, to 2/14, in response to my request that they please don’t send my car until it has 1.17. And interestingly, then they started asking for full payment…
Oh so in a week we will see 1.1.7, nice!

Back