Air Dream Deliveries?

The White GT they have at Scottsdale Mall (not the one in the showroom) apparently just came in either this past weekend or early this week. I test drove it yesterday, and it has some additional security features designed for test driving (namely the need for the SA to follow a slightly different start-up process). Overall, it drove very well (though admittedly I don't have any other EV driving experience to compare it to). I had a little time to try it on the highway, and it didn't disappoint. Though I will say that it would be great to know, as others have said, what is operational and what is not when you take possession. For example, I asked if it would prevent me from changing lanes when another car was present. I guess that's part of the ADAS and not currently enabled.

In other words, I'm not so concerned that ADAS features aren't yet there, but as I'm not sure what everything related to ADAS may be - like Adaptive CC. I do worry that if I were having the car delivered soon, I might take some safety features for granted that aren't quite there yet. Obviously, that could lead to bad results.

But overall, nothing about the test drive swayed me from my original plan to purchase. Hopefully, with 2-4 months of wait time, a lot more will be enabled. Just tell me what's not there when I get it. That shouldn't be a big ask.
Its great to hear the Scottsdale is doing test drives. I am going to call them and see if I can schedule one.

According to bear data 50 cars got trucked in 24 hours seems they could truck out 250 cars by next week if they continue. Curious if all get more confirmations that delivery is on its way! Roll out! I think the 520 is going to happen :)!!

Attachments

• 11CBD08D-F8E6-4E09-81E0-B62B57DEE662.png
    11CBD08D-F8E6-4E09-81E0-B62B57DEE662.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 197
I think that I confirmed my order one day after Nuerio on November 4. Like Nuerio, my Delivery advisor is telling me to expect a VIN just after the first of the year.
Good Info. I confirmed on Nov 16, so i'm assuming maybe middle of Jan for VIN

According to bear data 50 cars got trucked in 24 hours seems they could truck out 250 cars by next week if they continue. Curious if all get more confirmations that delivery is on its way! Roll out! I think the 520 is going to happen :)!!
I have yet to receive a VIN on my Dream Edition, or a request to pay or a delivery date. As I am taking delivery in Bozeman MT I find it doubtful that I will be getting the car by EOY.

I have a question. If I pay and get registration paperwork completed prior to 12/31 but don't take physical delivery until early January is it conceivable that i could take the tax credit for 2021?

The IRS code uses the phrase “put the car in service”, which probably means getting a license plate on it.

The IRS code uses the phrase “put the car in service”, which probably means getting a license plate on it.
So I told my Headquarters Advisor I was willing to pay and take title even while it is still at the factory. She said they can’t do that. Here in CA you get a temporary sticker that goes inside the front windshield once the car has been registered in your name. That is sufficient to qualify this year for the rebate but Lucid will only do that upon actual delivery. It can take many weeks to actually get a license plate after title transfer so that is not a prerequisite.

It can take many weeks to actually get a license plate after title transfer so that is not a prerequisite.

True. However, I meant a license plate to include a temporary plate or any other insignia that allows the car to be driven legally on public roads by virtue of having been registered with a DMV.

It originated from an owner, Bill, who posted a detailed review saying that feature wasn’t included. No other owner refuted that, so it was logical to assume that was the case.

So do we believe the owners or the sales people? It should be extremely easy for owners to verify or refute what the sales person said.
You can set your preferences and it will adjust for each profile. However, there is not a mode to automatically move the seat back when you park. At the Costa Mesa delivery center we were told it is not a feature and the best option we could come up with for my wife who is 5'0". We set her profile to have the seat back for entry and she manually moves it up to drive then manually back to exit. If a setting exists to have the seat automatically move back for exit, It's well hidden.

If a setting exists to have the seat automatically move back for exit, It's well hidden.

I called the West Palm Beach Design Studio to see if anyone there knew whether such a feature existed. They said not.

However, I asked whether the car would allow for creating a driver profile labeled something such as "Exit" in which the seat was positioned as far back and low as possible, as well as moving the steering wheel up and to the right. Then, when getting ready to exit the car, the driver could just tap that profile. When re-entering the car, the facial recognition would then automatically return the seat and steering wheel to the driver's programmed settings. (That's what we do in our Tesla, by the way, except that it doesn't have facial recognition, so we have to tap our profiles when getting ready to drive.)

They said that should work.

I called the West Palm Beach Design Studio to see if anyone there knew whether such a feature existed. They said not.

However, I asked whether the car would allow for creating a driver profile labeled something such as "Exit" in which the seat was positioned as far back and low as possible, as well as moving the steering wheel up and to the right. Then, when getting ready to exit the car, the driver could just tap that profile. When re-entering the car, the facial recognition would then automatically return the seat and steering wheel to the driver's programmed settings. (That's what we do in our Tesla, by the way, except that it doesn't have facial recognition, so we have to tap our profiles when getting ready to drive.)

That’s the workaround I used in my 2017 MS before it was implemented correctly in an OTA update.

That’s the workaround I used in my 2017 MS before it was implemented correctly in an OTA update.
That is actually how the OTA does it also, it just automatically switches profiles

Getting mine - South Florida - Monday delivered to my home - can wait 5 Telsa’s and now my Lucid (which will co-exist with my current Model Y)

Getting mine - South Florida - Monday delivered to my home - can wait 5 Telsa’s and now my Lucid (which will co-exist with my current Model Y)
Congrats! Please take a picture of your door sill so we know which Dream Edition you have received! Will be a collectors items!

If you can, please share when reservation was originally made, when you confirmed and what color/specs etc. Thanks and congrats!

Have you changed profiles while sitting in drivers seat? The load time is not insignificant. 20-30 seconds.

True, though, the lack of comfort seating does not affect my daily usage. The facial recognition is decent though to adjust when I first get in compared to changing it while sitting inside.

Back