Air Dream Deliveries?

Okay so what is special about 420?
That’s the price ($420/share) that Musk said in 2018 (via tweet) he planned to take Tesla private and had the funding to do so. Only to come back a short time later to say he didn’t have the funding.

That announcement cost him about $40 million in a settlement with the SEC.

That’s the price ($420/share) that Musk said in 2018 (via tweet) he planned to take Tesla private and had the funding to do so. Only to come back a short time later to say he didn’t have the funding.

There's also this, which is the primary reason for Elon's obsession:

Oh yea @Pawere you able to ask them for a drive with an associate prior to taking the car home?

Still to this day, it scares me how dumb humans are if they didn't know this was Elon Musk joke. Just like the S was once $69,420. Besides, musk has never before been that straight forward about his plans for the company. It was was obviously a bad error in judgement by Musk to think he could even joke about it.

The worst part of that whole fiasco is that Musk actually made millions from it. He didn't want Tesla's $20 million to hurt the company so he paid the fine by buying $20 million worth of shares from the company. Those shares are now worth around $340 million. Pretty ironic.

To this date I believe the 420 was a stunt to get Saudi to sell early. Which I believe did work. He tanked his own stock and Saudi left the building.

To this date I believe the 420 was a stunt to get Saudi to sell early. Which I believe did work. He tanked his own stock and Saudi left the building.

Musk was trying to get the Saudis to finance his taking the company private. One of the reasons he got into trouble with the SEC was that he announced that he had a deal with the Saudis to take the company private at $420 per share. There was no such deal, and the Saudis were put off by his reckless behavior.

The massive strategic error he made was causing the Saudis to look elsewhere for investing in the EV industry, which they were clearly wanting to do. At the time, Lucid was on the brink of sinking beneath the waves for lack of funding to get the Air into production. And we all know what happened next.

And now Musk is having to deal with a new arrival who is outflanking him on the technology front left and right. Musk and Tesla will fare just fine, but the cult image he had created of holding the mountaintop of EV technology all to himself has cracked irreparably, at least among people who don't live in an alternate fanboy reality.

Tesla will fare just fine
I have a feeling once Lucid, Rivian, Mercedes, BMW, and even Nio all get established production lines on their EV products with their ADAS systems, Tesla will drop significantly once actual owners realize the different in quality and leadership. Most of the Tesla fanboys trying to bring down Lucid aren’t old enough to afford a Tesla.

I have a feeling once Lucid, Rivian, Mercedes, BMW, and even Nio all get established production lines on their EV products with their ADAS systems, Tesla will drop significantly once actual owners realize the different in quality and leadership. Most of the Tesla fanboys trying to bring down Lucid aren’t old enough to afford a Tesla.

Honestly I don't think Tesla will drop significantly in terms of vehicle sales, but they won't hit their growth expectations of 10M+ vehicles per year which is part of the reason the stock price is so inflated.

They need a bigger variety in vehicle offering. The Model 3/Y along with the Cybertruck won't sell 10M units a year. Part of their struggle is they aren't able to ramp up multiple vehicle designs and refreshes like the traditional automakers. The fact they aren't launching any new vehicles this year is a problem in my opinion. They are blaming supply chain issues and the capacity of their current factories, but at some point the will hit a wall and max out Model 3/Y sales and will need something else to take their place. A company like Toyota or VW has the ability to launch 5-10 new models every year. Even though Tesla has the largest market cap by far, they don't have the engineering or manufacturing bandwidth of the traditional OEMs.

Tesla will certainly lose market share as these new entrants arrive. However, the EV market is expanding so rapidly that its absolute production numbers will probably continue to climb.

At least where I live, I have been surprised by two things in the past few months, especially with the arrival of the seasonal "snow birds". Cars such as the Mustang Mach-E and VW ID.4 remain scarce as hens' teeth on the roads even though they are on dealers' lots. But the roads and intersections are crawling with Teslas (mostly 3's and Y's, and predominantly white ones). We have counted as many as seven sitting through a stoplight at one large intersection. Besides our own Plaid, we have seen Plaids in every color except blue on the roads or in parking lots. We almost never take a local trip of more than a few minutes without seeing a Tesla. The Service Center in the next town up is delivering more than 800 cars a quarter and climbing at last count.

Tesla will certainly lose market share as these new entrants arrive. However, the EV market is expanding so rapidly that its absolute production numbers will probably continue to climb.

At least where I live, I have been surprised by two things in the past few months, especially with the arrival of the seasonal "snow birds". Cars such as the Mustang Mach-E and VW ID.4 remain scarce as hens' teeth on the roads even though they are on dealers' lots. But the roads and intersections are crawling with Teslas (mostly 3's and Y's, and predominantly white ones). We have counted as many as seven sitting through a stoplight at one large intersection. Besides our own Plaid, we have seen Plaids in every color except blue on the roads or in parking lots. We almost never take a local trip of more than a few minutes without seeing a Tesla. The Service Center in the next town up is delivering more than 800 cars a quarter and climbing at last count.
Tesla's current inventory: 34S 2M3 1Y 0 X. Tesla does not have a problem selling everything they make. Their problem is service. The waiting time is now over a month. They recently took over an old BestBuy complex, which worked for a while, but they are overwhelmed once again. Imagine the complexity of servicing millions of cars under Tesla's current business model.

I read in another forum/site that someone said Lucid is delivering GTs. I assumed that any GTs are going to studios. He didn’t provide any details. Your thoughts ?

I read in another forum/site that someone said Lucid is delivering GTs. I assumed that any GTs are going to studios. He didn’t provide any details. Your thoughts ?
test drive vehicles

It seems as though they are producing GTs right now for test drives to different studios as well as review cars for reviewers to test. They are taking a GT to car shows every weekend in California. I think they will start production on customer GTs in about 2-3 weeks.

Back