Air Dream Deliveries?

I still don't fully understand fascination with wanting a car that drives itself.

@dawktah LucidGT : I spent 6 months in Indy almost 20 years ago and found it to be a charming, wonderful city albeit a little too much into Peyton Manning at the time. I wonder if the traffic there now is as soul crushing as the wall-to-wall traffic along the 128 corridor in Boston. No lie, it used to take me 45 minutes just to exit the parking lot due to one lane roads leading to four lane "super highways." A car that drives itself would be a godsend.

Don’t think issues are going to be “resolved” with the DE and the AGT is going to be perfect. Expect 12 months minimum (maybe 2 years) for kinks to be ironed out. It’s a new model from a new company so if you don’t want to be a beta tester don’t buy any new model car within its first year of release.
It seems to me that, whether it’s a new car from a new company or a new car from an old company or even an old car from an old company, all cars have kinks. They are machines. Machines break, aren’t designed correctly, don’t wear as the engineers planned, etc. Vehicle service is a HUGE business, after all. I think every car I’ve ever owned had all sorts of weird little problems. Why do we expect Lucid to be so different?

I was able to go to the grand opening of the Lucid studio in Newport Beach today and had a chance to speak to Peter one-on-one for a few minutes and we covered many aspects of the Air. I won‘t mention all of what we talked about, but I will say, I did discuss the current communication frustration that many of their customers are having right now and he totally understands. He told me they are currently in their blackout period right due to SEC rules until their quarterly earnings report is released. I would expect much better communication after the February report on the 24th. I was also very encouraged with the discussion and I feel they have hired the best people to make this a successful Luxury EV and Company. I happy to be a GT owner soon!View attachment 653
The blackout period is set by Lucid so dragging out the Q4 earnings report until end of Feb just allows them to hide under the legality of the SEC because they have up to 45 days or so to report after the quarter closes.

Tesla got its earnings report out this week and is a much bigger company yet Lucid, who hasn’t even delivered 520 cars needs almost 2 months to issue earnings??? C’mon!

I suspect they pushed it out that far to play catch up on the missed deliveries. They’ll take a hit on the expected revenue for the quarter but can throw a positive spin like “As of today, we’ve delivered all the Dreams and the AGT’s are coming off the production line”

#295 fully delivered.

Attachments

• 7FEE0F82-4FFF-4D72-BC20-10E30BFE0CA3.jpeg
    7FEE0F82-4FFF-4D72-BC20-10E30BFE0CA3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 191
Congrats!
I started using the NAVIGATION today. It wouldn't tell me the right exit to get off the freeway at....it would just tell me the street i needed to get to (but not the exit).....anyone else experiencing this? It happened multiple times.

Beautiful!! Is that you in the background?
Nah, Jessup our delivery guy. I overwhelmed him :)

Also, Alexa really is abysmal.
I asked for Bouchon Bistro where we are going tomorrow and got the one in Vegas. Reasked and specified yountville, still got Vegas. So I tried The French Laundry and got laundry facilities near Yountville. Then I tried Hotel Yountville which is down the street, and got Hampton Inn in Kentucky…
Finally got her to accept the city of Yountville itself

I asked for Bouchon Bistro where we are going tomorrow and got the one in Vegas. Reasked and specified yountville, still got Vegas. So I tried The French Laundry and got laundry facilities near Yountville. Then I tried Hotel Yountville which is down the street, and got Hampton Inn in Kentucky…
Now do the same test on your Alexa home devices

Hilarious!

Tried the navigation yesterday on a known route. Plotted the track properly, then announced my turns AFTER I made them instead of in advance. Could image a lot of U-turns in my future.

Just taking all this stuff in stride.

Tried the navigation yesterday on a known route. Plotted the track properly, then announced my turns AFTER I made them instead of in advance. Could image a lot of U-turns in my future.

Just taking all this stuff in stride.
Maybe don't use that 1,111 hp to speed past your turn! But honestly, it's sometimes right and sometimes late.

Maybe don't use that 1,111 hp to speed past your turn! But honestly, it's sometimes right and sometimes late.
Well, you do have a point there!

There is nothing better when in stop and go traffic.
And there’s nothing worse than when it tries to kill you. After a few instances where my MS tried to steer me into guardrails & barriers, I was done with that ‘feature’.

The blackout period is set by Lucid so dragging out the Q4 earnings report until end of Feb just allows them to hide under the legality of the SEC because they have up to 45 days or so to report after the quarter closes.

Tesla got its earnings report out this week and is a much bigger company yet Lucid, who hasn’t even delivered 520 cars needs almost 2 months to issue earnings??? C’mon!

I suspect they pushed it out that far to play catch up on the missed deliveries. They’ll take a hit on the expected revenue for the quarter but can throw a positive spin like “As of today, we’ve delivered all the Dreams and the AGT’s are coming off the production line”

There’s also that SEC investigation so it’s not necessarily up to Lucid - I don’t have details obviously but it’s a possibility.

Back