Air Dream Deliveries?

From what I understand, all test drive cars are now (or being replaced with) Grand Tourings.
I heard the same. Millbrae had a white AGT at the opening and the reps told me they wanted to have 2-3 available in January.

San Diego still does not have any test drive vehicles. However, they do and you can test drive in LA county. I really don’t want to drive the 2-3 hours for that.

I emailed my DA since it has been a few weeks since I have talked with him, he responded within a few minutes. I told him that I was not in a rush and would rather have everything right than the car sooner.

My configuration is Stellar White, Tahoe, 21" wheels.
E-mailed mine two weeks ago, then again one week ago. No reply. I actually don't care, but just interested in how responsive they are.

I heard the same. Millbrae had a white AGT at the opening and the reps told me they wanted to have 2-3 available in January.
They did and they took us for a ride in one, told us we could test drive one in two weeks so we put our name on the list. That was dec/11 no call yet.

E-mailed mine two weeks ago, then again one week ago. No reply. I actually don't care, but just interested in how responsive they are.
Other than the week between Christmas and New Years that many people take off, my DA has always responed withing 30 minutes. Based on what I read here, I am lucky. I will say that prior to confirming my order, my sales advisor was only responding about 50% of the time.

From what I understand, all test drive cars are now (or being replaced with) Grand Tourings.

Is going to be hard to get reservations on word of mouth only. Selling point will be driving it. Only early adopters are even familiar. I had a patient who was reading Motor Trend and was still like "who?"

Is going to be hard to get reservations on word of mouth only. Selling point will be driving it. Only early adopters are even familiar. I had a patient who was reading Motor Trend and was still like "who?"
My concern personally is that I expect at some point I’ll get a call to convert my AGT reservation to an order but there are no studios in metro Atlanta. I visited 2 studios in NY and VA when I was traveling last month but they had no test drive cars.

Do they expect you to order without ever driving one? Are there any options ?
Thanks.

My concern personally is that I expect at some point I’ll get a call to convert my AGT reservation to an order but there are no studios in metro Atlanta. I visited 2 studios in NY and VA when I was traveling last month but they had no test drive cars.

Do they expect you to order without ever driving one? Are there any options ?
Thanks.
I agree, but there are a number of owners or soon to be owners here that purchased the car without ever receiving a test drive. It's a leap of faith that personally I wouldn't take, but everyone has a different risk tolerance.

There are a lot and unfortunately that's just the situation with how they rolled out their studios and available test drive vehicles. Personally, I would make the trip to test drive before I confirmed. That's what I told my SA and they invited me to AZ!

I will most likely take delivery without seeing one in person.

If there weren't media reviews or if the reviews were terrible, I would have either passed or at a minimum required a test drive. I'm pretty confident it will be an amazing vehicle to drive. My bigger concern is the software and how long before the major bugs get worked out. No test drive is going to help there.

I will most likely take delivery without seeing one in person.

If there weren't media reviews or if the reviews were terrible, I would have either passed or at a minimum required a test drive. I'm pretty confident it will be an amazing vehicle to drive. My bigger concern is the software and how long before the major bugs get worked out. No test drive is going to help there.
I agree. I have sat in one in a showroom, and I have read and watched every credible review out there that makes me believe that Lucid did sweat the details on the hardware. The software while glitchy I’m sure will be fixed and improved over the next several months.

I agree. I have sat in one in a showroom, and I have read and watched every credible review out there that makes me believe that Lucid did sweat the details on the hardware. The software while glitchy I’m sure will be fixed and improved over the next several months.

This is what I would tell a friend who was considering the purchase. The hardware is incredible (even with very minor issues here and there) and the car, as a driving machine, is the best one I’ve ever driven.

The software… needs some love and will get better (and is getting better) over time.

Maybe they are holding off more test drives to the open public until DreamDrive. Everyone has already been asking me if it drives itself like Tesla. Sad when I have to say not yet...so makes sense to hold off.

Maybe they are holding off more test drives to the open public until DreamDrive. Everyone has already been asking me if it drives itself like Tesla. Sad when I have to say not yet...so makes sense to hold off.

That’s funny because I would never use dreamdrive on a test drive because I would want to drive the car to actually road test it myself

It is a shame the company doesn’t publish what they are building daily. I presume the news is now good.

That's completely unnecessary, good or bad news

That’s funny because I would never use dreamdrive on a test drive because I would want to drive the car to actually road test it myself
Oh, I would. I would want to see the capabilities first hand.

Upside is I’m sitting here waiting to finish my delivery.
Downside is we are arguing over the dates on the paperwork :)

I was able to go to the grand opening of the Lucid studio in Newport Beach today and had a chance to speak to Peter one-on-one for a few minutes and we covered many aspects of the Air. I won‘t mention all of what we talked about, but I will say, I did discuss the current communication frustration that many of their customers are having right now and he totally understands. He told me they are currently in their blackout period right due to SEC rules until their quarterly earnings report is released. I would expect much better communication after the February report on the 24th. I was also very encouraged with the discussion and I feel they have hired the best people to make this a successful Luxury EV and Company. I happy to be a GT owner soon!
67DE14C9-ADDB-4632-958D-29C19C0773D0.jpeg

Oh, I would. I would want to see the capabilities first hand.

Upside is I’m sitting here waiting to finish my delivery.
Downside is we are arguing over the dates on the paperwork :)

I still don't fully understand fascination with wanting a car that drives itself.

Back