Air Dream Deliveries?

@Paladin732, I see from the pic that you have decided not to install the front license plate? Are you going to take your chances or try that wrapped license plate previously mentioned in one of the threads here:

I’m not an attorney and this isn’t legal advice but I’d recommend exercising your fifth amendment right against self-incrimination ;)

Nah, Jessup our delivery guy. I overwhelmed him :)

Also, Alexa really is abysmal.
I asked for Bouchon Bistro where we are going tomorrow and got the one in Vegas. Reasked and specified yountville, still got Vegas. So I tried The French Laundry and got laundry facilities near Yountville. Then I tried Hotel Yountville which is down the street, and got Hampton Inn in Kentucky…
Finally got her to accept the city of Yountville itself
Love both those places. You come right by us, pick us up!:)

There is nothing better when in stop and go traffic.

I guess I'm missing something, that's not FSD.

Maybe don't use that 1,111 hp to speed past your turn! But honestly, it's sometimes right and sometimes late.

My Tundra measures distances better in meters. Distance to turn is still off. I've watched overpasses go by and then look down and pass it on map.

And there’s nothing worse than when it tries to kill you. After a few instances where my MS tried to steer me into guardrails & barriers, I was done with that ‘feature’.

Bingo. Following in rush hour should be target and that's short of FSD. With all the cameras showing all around you should be no brainer...

Last edited:
Nope, they can say what they want, almost, as long as it is a public announcement and not misleading. If I remember correctly, they must announce earnings 45 days after the period ends. I might be a little off on this, but it is rather 45 or 60 days. They can file an 8k at any time if there is something to announce that has a material impact. Many will announce management changes, transactions, etc using this.

As a public airline, we would announce passenger and flight information monthly long before our earning release. Our passenger count and other operational statistics were no different than their production/delivery detail.

It’s been a long time since I was CFO of a publicly traded Company, but you never got questioned for putting out too much information as long as it was announced publicly. The blackout period really only refers to insider trading between a record date and the announcement date. For example, management may not trade shares between 12/31 and when the earnings are released, too much risk of insider trading.

What Lucid is doing is not right. It would be more appropriate for him just to say, “we are holding all news and will include it in our earning release/call”.

The SEC investigation does not impact this at all other than they should really be more conservative and release more information earlier, not later.

I guess I'm missing something, that's not FSD.

DreamDrive is adaptive driving assistance whereas DreamDrive Pro (which isn't released yet) is the full self driving package. They told me they have the capabilities to do complete self driving (L5) already but laws only allow them up to Level 3 functionality which is where Tesla is at right now.

DreamDrive is adaptive driving assistance whereas DreamDrive Pro (which isn't released yet) is the full self driving package. They told me they have the capabilities to do complete self driving (L5) already but laws only allow them up to Level 3 functionality which is where Tesla is at right now.
Did I miss it, or has there not been any demonstration, or even clear marketing of what exactly their self driving can do?

Did I miss it, or has there not been any demonstration, or even clear marketing of what exactly their self driving can do?

I am not aware of any demonstration of FSD. There are some videos of DreamDrive showing auto parking (out) and UI demonstrations of adaptive cruise control.

I just watched the long range test conducted by Insideevs.com. Tom set the cruise control to 72 MPH and drove the car 500 MIles. Is there a reason why the Dream drive is not available for the rest of us?

I just watched the long range test conducted by Insideevs.com. Tom set the cruise control to 72 MPH and drove the car 500 MIles. Is there a reason why the Dream drive is not available for the rest of us?

AFAIK the DreamDrive cruise control is available on 1.1.6 which according to another user on this forum should be releasing this month (at this rate, it's likely to come early February). It's currently only available to beta users.

I hope they get to the point of having the ability to summon your car from a parking spot. That'd be great if you're out somewhere and it starts raining.

Given the software issues they are having, there is no way on this earth I am going to trust my car to drive for me…at least not for a good long while.

Elon's told me many times that full self driving is just two weeks away. You got my hopes high for about two seconds.

Maybe it's best that Peter isn't saying much.

In the interest of fairness, Peter threw a lot of shade at Tesla saying they were taking their time to get things right to avoid the production issues that Tesla had, then proceeded to have the same production issues. Seems like Lucid treats their employees a whole lot better, however, and doesn't act like a jackass on Twitter.

Radar cruise control with excellent lane keeping (no ping ponging) able to manage corners on the highway, along with the ability the fully manage stop and go traffic is all I want.

Our Model X had advanced autopilot. We only used it on highway road-trips or in stop and go traffic around our Metro area. Otherwise we always drove without it. The lane changing never worked very well, so I had it set to only change with the blinker. Even then it was a bit aggressive.

I have no desire for a completely self driving car, nor do I wish to use an Uber like robotaxis for driving around town. When I watch FSD videos it just stresses me out. I don’t know why people would pay $10k to be a Guinea pig.

Back