Air Dream Deliveries?

I just got the same call. Car is completed and waiting for "fit and finish" parts. No specific timing given. I believe Borski and Paladin got the same calls??
Yes. I've been speaking to a member of senior leadership there, so mine came from her vs the DA.

My guess is some provider shit the bed on the quality of a part and there are a bunch of vehicles waiting for the exact same part.

Yes. I've been speaking to a member of senior leadership there, so mine came from her vs the DA.

My guess is some provider shit the bed on the quality of a part and there are a bunch of vehicles waiting for the exact same part.

Well let's hope that provider gets their act together and ships a boatload of the needed parts quickly (hopefully not a boatload!!)

Well let's hope that provider gets their act together and ships a boatload of the needed parts quickly (hopefully not a boatload!!)
I’m chatting with my contact this afternoon. I’m not sure what, if anything, I will be able to share. However, I will post whatever I find out that I am permitted to speak about.

I’m chatting with my contact this afternoon. I’m not sure what, if anything, I will be able to share. However, I will post whatever I find out that I am permitted to speak about.

Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I really hope we don't have to wait until the end of January. First week is not too bad if they can make that happen.

Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I really hope we don't have to wait until the end of January. First week is not too bad if they can make that happen.
I am glad Lucid is finally telling us what is going on. I hated being lied to, although perhaps they have been keeping the delivery advisors in the dark.

It's interesting that I think 5 on this board got the same call about the same part. When you look at Bear's videos over the past month, it feels like the number of wrapped cars (assuming cars that are ready to get shipped to customers) must be north of 400. Of course, it's certainly possible that the additions were very incremental and it's closer to a 300 number. I'm also assuming that those who got the delay call did not all reserve very late in the process (could be wrong here too). Is the thinking that the part problem is impacting late reservations for the DE or is it possible it's specific to a certain build type?

Additionally, you'd think that they'd have at least 520 of every part necessary well in advance.

It sounds like they did have the part(s) but they now have found them to be defective in some way ("fit and finish")??

It sounds like they did have the part(s) but they now have found them to be defective in some way ("fit and finish")??
Guess it's possible that they had a bunch of boxes with the parts and they got down to the last couple of boxes and realized the problem. Still seems strange that they can't say for certain how long that impacts delivery, but I'm certainly pretty far from knowledgable about the industry.

All of the folks that got the delay call are you all Red cars by chance?

No, i believe only 1 of them is red....and sounds like he is the first person in the world to get a red lucid air dream edition!

I have a call this afternoon with the same senior contact as @Paladin732 (I introduced them, heh). Will share anything I’m allowed to and feel comfortable sharing (without compromising my ability to glean useful info at will, haha).

Both @Paladin732 and I are DE P, Red, 21”. I’ve already paid for mine and secured financing, whereas they haven’t yet (but may be ahead of me in line regardless). Mine is also in line for “production repairs.”

I'd really be curious to see what it was of you guys can find out. Wondering of it's a part I had replaced already.

I'd really be curious to see what it was of you guys can find out. Wondering of it's a part I had replaced already.
My order was getting delayed and delayed in November and early December....i think they've had component issues for awhile now.....but were not disclosing it.

Pure speculation based on what I've seen here from current owners. Perhaps this is related to the problems noted with the door handles and locking/unlocking and use of the key fob?

Pure speculation based on what I've seen here from current owners. Perhaps this is related to the problems noted with the door handles and locking/unlocking and use of the key fob?

Also my car is the Eureka Gold with 21" wheels.

Also my car is the Eureka Gold with 21" wheels.

My Zenith Red car was on the general assembly line for over five weeks, so there have obviously been some production interruptions. Two senior Lucid people have said the line has been stopped both for changes in production processes as problems emerged and waiting for parts to arrive from suppliers. Sometimes the parts may just be late, but one executive said they have received parts that did not meet Lucid's spec and could not be used (particularly the glass canopy).

My car is being delivered tomorrow, so maybe people getting these calls have cars that are experiencing similar delays as my car . . . but my car just went onto the line a few weeks earlier.

Back