AGT is Dead

JJ4

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I’ve been having construction done and the charger got disconnected and my AGT is dead. If I plug it in to the charger will it do any good?

I’ve been having construction done and the charger got disconnected and my AGT is dead. If I plug it in to the charger will it do any good?
Im confused by what you mean, do you mean the battery on the AGT ran out?

Yes - the charger was disconnected and we got back and the app shows 0%

It has no power so I cannot open it

Yes - the charger was disconnected and we got back and the app shows 0%

It has no power so I cannot open it
First, I would make sure that you can charge it absolutely as soon as possible. A battery staying at or close to zero for an extended period of time is very bad for it.

Does the construction mean that the charger does not work?

You'll likely need to jump the 12v system to get the charge port open. Jump points are somewhere behind the left rear wheel, IIRC. And you won't have very long. Agree with Neurio, you should call Service on this one and get them to either walk you through it or send someone out.

The charger has been plugged in and still is. The breaker was off. The charger is back up and flashing like it is charging but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. Is there a way to charge the 12V battery and would that help to get the car to charge?

The charger has been plugged in and still is. The breaker was off. The charger is back up and flashing like it is charging but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. Is there a way to charge the 12V battery and would that help to get the car to charge?
Call. Service.

I have been waiting for service to call back for 2 hours - who knows when that might happen - thankfully it is in the garage and not on the side of the road

I agree with with wait for service but I found this on the internet... use AT YOUR OWN RISK!.

"Manually opening the door
CAUTION: Manually opening the charge
port door is only recommended in
instances where the vehicle has no
power and the 12V batteries cannot be
charged.
If the vehicle has no power, the charge port
door can be opened manually:
1. Open the driver's door.
2. Place your finger at the bottom right
corner of the charge port door and gently
lift up.
3. Continue lifting on the corner until a gap
begins to form between the top edge and
the fender.
4. Once there is a gap along the top edge,
insert your fingers into the gap and
gently pull downward until a hard stop is
reached."

I agree with with wait for service but I found this on the internet... use AT YOUR OWN RISK!.

"Manually opening the door
CAUTION: Manually opening the charge
port door is only recommended in
instances where the vehicle has no
power and the 12V batteries cannot be
charged.
If the vehicle has no power, the charge port
door can be opened manually:
1. Open the driver's door.
2. Place your finger at the bottom right
corner of the charge port door and gently
lift up.
3. Continue lifting on the corner until a gap
begins to form between the top edge and
the fender.
4. Once there is a gap along the top edge,
insert your fingers into the gap and
gently pull downward until a hard stop is
reached."
If it’s actaully in the manual, I’d say its fair game!

Now I know why my charge port door is misaligned. Looks like someone was trying to pry their fingers into the bottom right corner gap...

Now I know why my charge port door is misaligned. Looks like someone was trying to pry their fingers into the bottom right corner gap...
I think they all look like that , except for cars used in marketing materials.

No, it isnt likely that's the reason. The charge port door being misaligned is a common issue as you press it every time you want to open it. I would ask mobile service to realign, it is a very small job!

Sound like you just need to have 12V battery jumped or replaced. This has nothing to do with High Voltage battery. This also happened to me early on when I was on business trip, I came home to find it dead. Call service to help, it’s not a major issue, but they can cautiously help situation with technician calling engineer to troubleshoot what caused it and document in their knowledge based system.

Back