Activate Plug and Charge

Wiedergrün

Hi Folks,

I was wondering how to activate Plug and Charge? Also, do you know if there is only the Lucid Air that allows to charge with Plug and Charge or also other models?

Thanks a lot,

Aurélie

I don't think there's any action required. It should be ready to go. Every now and then, you might get a message to tap the EA button in the app on the charging screen. But that's been infrequent for me.

Have you tried charging and had the station not recognize your Lucid or just asking?

Hi Folks,

I was wondering how to activate Plug and Charge? Also, do you know if there is only the Lucid Air that allows to charge with Plug and Charge or also other models?

Thanks a lot,

Aurélie
Plug and Charge is no longer an option with Electrify America. You have to start the charge on the app :(

Plug and Charge is no longer an option with Electrify America. You have to start the charge on the app :(
That's not correct. But the reliability of the stations to negotiate the PnC is something to be desired.

Hi Folks,

Thanks a lot,

Aurélie
my taycan uses plug and charge

This is not true. At some stations, you have to start the charge from the Lucid app, but that is specifically when “plug and charge” fails, which is quite rare in my experience.

If that is happening to you every time, you need to talk to customer care so they can fix the certificate on your car.

Bummer. I've been plug & charging for 17 months and never once used the app. What app? Does EA have an app? Are you talking about the Lucid app ? How does that work? Why ? Why do you need an app to fuel your car? I've never heard of this .... insane. It has nothing to do with needing an app = Deep Elon is tracking us. Apps are BS.

I charged at an EA 150 last night = plug & charge.
At an EA 350 a couple of days ago = plug & charge.
Did not lift a finger or look at the phone. I just plug in and it starts charging.

When did they institute the must use app requirement? Has it not yet gotten to the East ? I only go to EA chargers ... they are everywhere.

I think I'll go visit a couple new ones (to me) and see if what you say is so.

how to protect your lunar lander from gravity:

Bummer. I've been plug & charging for 17 months and never once used the app. What app? Does EA have an app? Are you talking about the Lucid app ? How does that work? Why ? Why do you need an app to fuel your car? I've never heard of this .... insane. It has nothing to do with needing an app = Deep Elon is tracking us. Apps are BS.

Did not lift a finger or look at the phone. I just plug in and it starts charging.

When did they institute the must use app requirement? Has it not yet gotten to the East ? I only go to EA chargers ... they are everywhere.
There is no requirement, sometimes plug&charge doesn't work. It is rare. When it doesn't work, you open the Lucid app and it gives you a new button, something like "Initiate Charging Session." Then Lucid tells the EA station to start doing its thing.

I think I'll go visit a couple new ones (to me) and see if what you say is so.

how to protect your lunar lander from gravity:
Relax, this is false.

Sometimes, if PnC doesn’t work, you will need to open the Lucid app to initiate the charge. I have had to do it like twice in two years.

That said, once you’re done with free charging, you’ll need to use the EA app to pay. You can also use a credit card, but I’m not sure if the rates are different. If you charge at EA regularly, you’ll likely want an EA membership for lower per-kWh charge rates, which requires the EA app.

And I don’t know what “Deep Elon” is but I want no part in it lol; the apps are useful tools to interact with the world, you just need to accept apps in your life. :)

EVGo has a plug-n-charge program that works with EVs from several manufacturers.

Only on some stations do you have to activate with the Licid app, but on most of the stations, it will plug and charge .

Back