2.1.3 Update

“I demand a higher level of service”
“I asked….I got”
Shoot, I must have missed somewhere that you’re more important than the other several thousand Lucid owners 🙄
I didn't say that.. you assumed that.. But if you want to pay a premium, have the mfr offer customer service, and you do not wish to use it .. that's your prerogative.. but i reject that getting pushed on to me as I have a different opinion.. and the only people upset about it are unable to tell me factually why I shouldn't exercise my right to use a service provided to me by the mfr..for which I pay... Sheesh...

So what would you expect customer service to say "why can't you wait as we're really are busy rights now?" Come on - get real. Folks that have been on this board awhile should know better to call about getting updates pushed to them because they're anxious.
Ok I wish to learn... Tell me what you or others have heard from CS that makes you believe they're unable to support a request for an update push... Facts please... Humble request... I wish to understand... Have they told you they're really busy? They thanked me for reaching out to them...

Ok I wish to learn... Tell me what you or others have heard from CS that makes you believe they're unable to support a request for an update push... Facts please... Humble request... I wish to understand... Have they told you they're really busy? They thanked me for reaching out to them...
Of course they will thank you. That is their job, however, Lucid has officially requested people not contact CS to get updates pushed. It's not just people here making it up about waiting a minimum of a week before contacting CS. That sentiment was conveyed to us through Lucid employees and then parroted here on the forums as the proper way to approach updates.

@lucidtouringman

I was told by CS long ago to give updates at least a week before contacting them. This was after I kept not getting the updates for unclear reasons and reached out (after well over a week). The week was to give the update enough time to reach the entire fleet. This approach generally still holds, but 2.1.3 requires even more patience because the update is much larger so they're pushing it out slower to avoid overloading their servers.

Regarding your response from CS, of course they're going to thank you for contacting them. It's literally in their name - customer service. It wouldn't behoove them to call you out on your entitlement demanding an update before it's rolled out to the entire fleet, though they certainly could be doing it behind your back.

They can and will respond to your request. That's because they are courteous and want to please their owners. That said, during a recent meeting with individuals from the executive and software teams, we were asked to encourage forum members not to do this so that the customer service lines can be left open for those that have more immediate needs. This update definitely has some cool features, but I imagine you just "Wanted" it as opposed to needed it. Your entitlement attitude and willingness to step in front of other owners is suspect.

To everyone reading this: please respect your fellow owners who have legitimate customer service needs and concerns, and allow Lucid to release this software update as they see fit. You will certainly have it within the next week or two.

Still waiting!!!! Sigh..... 😒😒😒😒😒

Nope. The original car was delivered 31 December 2021. The replacement car was delivered in March 2022 and had over 5,000 miles on it when we got it a few months ago.
Oh Okay now I understand. What was the Dream# of the replacement?

Still waiting!!!! Sigh..... 😒😒😒😒😒
You know @Babyrocko1908 , there are non-Lucid owners out there in the real world that just might suggest some of us here on the forum "get a life" as they say. Not me of course. I would never say that........ 😎😎

You know @Babyrocko1908 , there are non-Lucid owners out there in the real world that just might suggest some of us here on the forum "get a life" as they say. Not me of course. I would never say that........ 😎😎
That's because they aren't Lucid owners and don't understand our obsessions with our cars. OTA updates was one of the definitive reasons why I decided to go all-in and purchase my first EV. The fact that these OTA updates improve on an already phenomenal driving machine, makes this prolonged wait just painful. Tomorrow's another day however....

Software update in progress...

I understand the argument, and I know it's a big update file, but to much chagrin, we're talking about thousands of cars, not 100's of thousands of cars for OTA updates. Is their server and cloud infrastructure that small? Serious question as I'm curious. 🤔

I understand the argument, and I know it's a big update file, but to much chagrin, we're talking about thousands of cars, not 100's of thousands of cars for OTA updates. Is their server and cloud infrastructure that small? Serious question as I'm curious. 🤔
No, it's not just an issue of bandwidth; obviously if they needed to they could spin up more resources (though it is a large update). The bigger issue is that rolling out an update all at once, to every single vehicle, means that if you missed a showstopper bug that affects only 5% of vehicles on average, you've now affected 5% of all Lucid owners. As an alternative, if you slow-roll it out in batches, if 5% of the first few batches has an issue, you can pause the rollout and adjust if needed.

Getting the update *last* actually means you're likely to have the best possible experience, as you are least likely to run into any showstopper bugs.

I didn't say that.. you assumed that.. But if you want to pay a premium, have the mfr offer customer service, and you do not wish to use it .. that's your prerogative.. but i reject that getting pushed on to me as I have a different opinion.. and the only people upset about it are unable to tell me factually why I shouldn't exercise my right to use a service provided to me by the mfr..for which I pay... Sheesh...

Youre over primed sense of entitlement is showing. That is all.

Back