2.1.3 Update

No, it's not just an issue of bandwidth; obviously if they needed to they could spin up more resources (though it is a large update). The bigger issue is that rolling out an update all at once, to every single vehicle, means that if you missed a showstopper bug that affects only 5% of vehicles on average, you've now affected 5% of all Lucid owners. As an alternative, if you slow-roll it out in batches, if 5% of the first few batches has an issue, you can pause the rollout and adjust if needed.

Getting the update *last* actually means you're likely to have the best possible experience, as you are least likely to run into any showstopper bugs.
Eh, I disagree to an extent. My concern is it's been close to, if not over, 2 weeks since 2.1.3 has started going out. How big can it be that it's taking this long for the amount of cars actually in customers hands? Are they rolling it out 24 hours a day? During working hours only? No weekends? GT's and Dreams first? West Coast first? Certain VINs? I know no one knows these answers -- that's my point! I think that's part of why folks are getting frustrated by this extended wait. I'm just as guilty.

I have mobile service heading my way tomorrow to take a look at my broken lightbar clip and a few other minor issues, do I dare ask him to update me to 2.1.3?

One final point, to those who already have the update, cut the folks who are still waiting some slack! It's easy to tell others to be patient when you're already enjoying these features.

Of course they will thank you. That is their job, however, Lucid has officially requested people not contact CS to get updates pushed. It's not just people here making it up about waiting a minimum of a week before contacting CS. That sentiment was conveyed to us through Lucid employees and then parroted here on the forums as the proper way to approach updates.
Where is the official communication from LUCID saying not to call them to get an update pushed? I've seen nothing nor any official communications from Lucid on update releases and what they entail, it's all come from this forum and last time I checked the people telling those not to contact Lucid don't work for Lucid so if it's such a big deal then Lucid can communicate directly with it's owners and not relay messages through a forum.

One final point, to those who already have the update, cut the folks who are still waiting some slack! It's easy to tell others to be patient when you're already enjoying these features.
100%, it's very easy for those to read the riot act and tell people to not call Lucid and make people feel selfish for asking. Especially those who are in the special club who get them before anyone else..... It's a bit rich to be honest!

If Lucid thinks this forum is the best way to communicate to customers via forum admins not employed by Lucid then they have no one to blame but themselves for the influx of calls. It's not hard to send out email communications and they certainly have no trouble doing it for sales \ lease deals. So if they don't want people calling for updates then send out a communication, plain and simple!

Reading through this thread has been really depressing. I have had the 2.0.71 for a couple days and not yet received the 2.1.3 update, but I have been following the status of those who have received it (good/bad/in between) as well as the attitudes of those who are "waiting". Mentally, I am making my list of owners NOT to join me on a ship where lifeboat access may come into play. 😹

Where is the official communication from LUCID saying not to call them to get an update pushed? I've seen nothing nor any official communications from Lucid on update releases and what they entail, it's all come from this forum and last time I checked the people telling those not to contact Lucid don't work for Lucid so if it's such a big deal then Lucid can communicate directly with it's owners and not relay messages through a forum.

100%, it's very easy for those to read the riot act and tell people to not call Lucid and make people feel selfish for asking. Especially those who are in the special club who get them before anyone else..... It's a bit rich to be honest!

If Lucid thinks this forum is the best way to communicate to customers via forum admins not employed by Lucid then they have no one to blame but themselves for the influx of calls. It's not hard to send out email communications and they certainly have no trouble doing it for sales \ lease deals. So if they don't want people calling for updates then send out a communication, plain and simple!
I have received by OTA but agree with this. Lucid’s communication department varies from weak to nonexistent. They always have and there has not been any improvement. If customer calls are a problem, they can only blame themselves for failing to communicate with their customers via email notifications. If they want to use this forum for customer outreach (which would be a good idea IMO), a Lucid employee should come here and post a message.

I didn't say that.. you assumed that.. But if you want to pay a premium, have the mfr offer customer service, and you do not wish to use it .. that's your prerogative.. but i reject that getting pushed on to me as I have a different opinion.. and the only people upset about it are unable to tell me factually why I shouldn't exercise my right to use a service provided to me by the mfr..for which I pay... Sheesh...
The old saying goes, Don't confuse your right to do something with it being the right thing to do.

2.1.3 just came through for me today but I am actually going to wait a bit to install it to be sure there are not problems. Sorry, wish I could pass my version along to someone anxious for it.

I'm downloading the update right now. It took a few tries within the app for me to get the update to appear. Does it take the full 90 minutes it says it needs to complete?

To everyone telling me I'm entitled...contacting customer care got my the 2.1.3 update and it's installing right now. I didn't see them complain or have issues with it one bit. I also asked if there is any official communication from Lucid to not contact CS regarding updates and they said there is no such thing in place and to reach out whenever we need and WANT to. Now you all can argue and call me names, I'm gonna go ahead and enjoy the update.

Post in thread 'CarPlay is here! - Megathread' https://lucidowners.com/threads/carplay-is-here-megathread.5143/post-125332

I agree their communication can be better and has always been a major negative for the company.

Let's get this thread back to the update.

I'm downloading the update right now. It took a few tries within the app for me to get the update to appear. Does it take the full 90 minutes it says it needs to complete?
Mine said 90 minutes as well, but took two hours.

Mine said 90 minutes as well, but took two hours.
The biggest lie in software is “Time remaining…”

In reality, we have no idea precisely how long the update will take.

Enjoy the tease of a pending update. It is more than half the fun.

Dare you to look at the update available button but not tap it. I dare you.

But if you want to pay a premium . . . .

I have a different view of the Lucid price premium. I view much of it as the result of being an early adopter of new technology that is still being produced at relatively low volume. In 2015 I paid over $128,000 for a Tesla Model S, which was more than I paid for a Plaid with far more performance and features six years later. At the time I bought that first Tesla, I knew much of the premium was an early-adopter fee -- just as I knew when I've bought new state-of-the-art technologies with cell phones, plasma TV displays, etc. I do not view the current Lucid price premium in the same light as I view a Mercedes or Porsche price premium when it comes to the kind of service I expect.

Unfortunately, the Air arrived on the scene awash in problems from Covid supply chain disruptions, spiking inflation, and softening new car demand forcing Tesla, Ford, and other EV makers to reduce prices to move inventory. And this has hit their financials much harder than initially planned.

The service I expect from Lucid at this point is that necessary to keep my car in good operating condition, and they have not failed me once in that. However, in light of these financial pressures and the resulting layoffs at Lucid, I have become much more patient if it takes a while to get an appointment, to get a software update, or to get a phone call returned.

Enjoy the tease of a pending update. It is more than half the fun.

Dare you to look at the update available button but not tap it. I dare you.
This is so true! I am trying not to but we will see......

Just to give everyone an idea of timing, I'm at 28% after 90 minutes. I'm betting it will be longer than 2 hours.

Just to give everyone an idea of timing, I'm at 28% after 90 minutes. I'm betting it will be longer than 2 hours.

Mine just finished. Took between 90min and two hours - can't remember exactly when I started it. About 30 minutes ago, my progress showed 100% but hadn't finished. I looked back a few minutes later and it showed 50% and now, a little later than that, it is done. So, it might actually be a multi-stage update process.

I'll check the car out later today but, honestly, there isn't much in this update I'm all that excited for. I won't use the easy entry feature as I find that a worse experience on most cars (I'm only 5'8").

My big waits are still waits - I want current music displayed in place of the "Air" like is shown in their early tease shots and Android Auto. Other than that, the car is pretty much perfect for me.

I have a different view of the Lucid price premium. I view much of it as the result of being an early adopter of new technology that is still being produced at relatively low volume. In 2015 I paid over $128,000 for a Tesla Model S, which was more than I paid for a Plaid with far more performance and features six years later. At the time I bought that first Tesla, I knew much of the premium was an early-adopter fee -- just as I knew when I've bought new state-of-the-art technologies with cell phones, plasma TV displays, etc. I do not view the current Lucid price premium in the same light as I view a Mercedes or Porsche price premium when it comes to the kind of service I expect.

Unfortunately, the Air arrived on the scene awash in problems from Covid supply chain disruptions, spiking inflation, and softening new car demand forcing Tesla, Ford, and other EV makers to reduce prices to move inventory. And this has hit their financials much harder than initially planned.

The service I expect from Lucid at this point is that necessary to keep my car in good operating condition, and they have not failed me once in that. However, in light of these financial pressures and the resulting layoffs at Lucid, I have become much more patient if it takes a while to get an appointment, to get a software update, or to get a phone call returned.
Incredibly well written and showing great emotional intelligence. Thanks

Eh, I disagree to an extent. My concern is it's been close to, if not over, 2 weeks since 2.1.3 has started going out. How big can it be that it's taking this long for the amount of cars actually in customers hands? Are they rolling it out 24 hours a day? During working hours only? No weekends? GT's and Dreams first? West Coast first? Certain VINs? I know no one knows these answers -- that's my point! I think that's part of why folks are getting frustrated by this extended wait. I'm just as guilty.

I have mobile service heading my way tomorrow to take a look at my broken lightbar clip and a few other minor issues, do I dare ask him to update me to 2.1.3?

We have always been told to wait a week Before contacting CS. Well, as you state, it been rolling out for two weeks.. It is not like they have that many cars delivered, less than 10k in the wild. They should be able to have the band width to deliver updates to 700 cars a day which is all it would take to get everyone updated by now. What is the problem? What is going to happen if they have 100k cars out there? I’m leaving on a long trip next week and would love to have the update installed for a few days before I go. Otherwise it won’t happen until I get back.

Back