Does this update fix: intermittently no sound inside the car? (Including turn signals). Rebooting USUALLY fixes it but not ideal when youre out with passengers.

I've been wondering if anyone else has had a problem with turn signal and other indicator sounds sporadically disappearing since the UX 2.0 updates began.

I've been wondering if anyone else has had a problem with turn signal and other indicator sounds sporadically disappearing since the UX 2.0 updates began.
Yes. Has happened twice; reset fixes it.

Installed 33 and did a short start up session. I am a SXM user so this is more important to me than Car Play or Android Auto. I only use my vehicle for pleasure so I don’t need any of the features of CarPlay or Auto. I have it in my other vehicle and have never even set it up. My initial test sounded great, audio quality was as good as Tidal but I am not an audiophile. The interface was slightly different than I am used to with SXM but it only took a minute or so to set up the stations I regularly listen to as favorites. Thanks Lucid, this was my biggest complaint when I test drove the vehicle and other than it is dependent on cell service it really is a fantastic addition to the cars technology.

I mean, I wouldn’t tie this to an ICE car preference or an “addiction”. I’m fairly impatient for CarPlay myself and consider it to be a #1 priority. Analysts and analytics already prove that it’s the most desirable feature in both ICE, PHEV, and BEV vehicles and makes or breaks purchases so no surprise here. Almost all OEM HMIs are frankly trash, including Lucid’s, and carry inferior software with heftier limitations and missing features. It’s unreasonable for anyone in here to say “I’m good” when it’s blatantly obvious their needs are subpar and very reasonable for the unknowing customers to get anxious when other features are releasing but not CarPlay. Either way it’s coming and doesn’t seem to be an empty promise and I’m very impatiently waiting on it.
I personally want CarPlay not bc I don’t like Lucid’s native software, but I like to see other apps on Lucid screen. I basically rely on CarPlay in my useless infotainment of Jeep Wrangler. Having CarPlay/AndroidAuto, Lucid can be one up Tesla and Rivian in infotainment features. I also find Polestar 2 Android system very appealing to just download EA, ABRP and PlugShare app into its native infotainment screen. With CarPlay, I don’t need to ask my passenger to check my phone for PlugShare or Waze app. Having CarPlay basically adding couple dozens app instantly onto the this car to function right away.

I'm assuming we have to download the .33 update even if we don't want XM?? Otherwise we won't be able to get the next OTA, right??
You can turn it off under settings/apps. I personally am thrilled. It works really well and has been my biggest gripe since delivery. I can deal with bugs all day, but not without SXM.

Well that was short lived. Played with sirus last night , got in the car this morning and it played for about a minute before telling me no live items available for sirus , although Alexa Amazon streaming and radio work just fine. Can’t get Sirus to come back on

Finally downloading now ... 53 mins to go!

I'm happy for those who have been waiting for XM but I'm not really a fan. Also, its not Apple who is holding up Apple CarPlay. The rumor about Apple holding it up is total BS. Lucid team wants to make sure it is excellent before they release it so when we get it (hopefully before year end) it will be worth the wait.
Curious as to why you think this.. In a previous life I had the opportunity to be involved with creating a few third party iOS apps. Our experience was that Apple does have a very involved release and approval process for their App Store. They seem to send back the app for the most miniscule of reasons. Those iterations, deserved or not, take time.

This being said, you could also be correct in that Lucid may have alternative reasons for delaying CarPlay...

Curious as to why you think this.. In a previous life I had the opportunity to be involved with creating a few third party iOS apps. Our experience was that Apple does have a very involved release and approval process for their App Store. They seem to send back the app for the most miniscule of reasons. Those iterations, deserved or not, take time.

This being said, you could also be correct in that Lucid may have alternative reasons for delaying CarPlay...
That I can relate to a project I was involved had Apple Store pushed back 60 days.

I didn’t get it yet either. How does that work do they roll it out in phases to people?
For many companies, the software deployment process for a new version is done in controlled size small batches, with lots of monitoring for signs of deployment or version issues. If a problem is seen, usually in the early stages, then they can pause, investigate, rollback before their entire population is affected. And in some cases, they also want to control the size of the deployment surge to avoid increased costs.

It’s not likely that Apple is holding the project up. Carplay has been implemented in hundreds of autos and the api (as I understand it) is mostly unchanged for 2022. Carplay usually works in two ways… digitally connected directly to the phone via the lightning cable or wirelessly which requires bluetooth “handshaking” and then creation of a closed wifi network for moving data (nav, siri, music, messages etc). Given the connectivity issues we have had so far with our Airs I am guessing the issue is entirely connectivity and/or creating the closed wifi network.

Also, comparing xm to tidal hifi… incomparable.
Tidal hi fi is curating up to master quality audio files and it’s our systems digital to analog converter and equalizer that interprets and plays these files.
XM even streamed (which is better than satellite) is still around the quality of an mp3.
But thats not the real issue. XM “colors” the audio on the backend much like old FM radio stations… with +db on the bass and even overall volume. For some this may be perceived as sounding better than Tidal.

I personally want CarPlay not bc I don’t like Lucid’s native software, but I like to see other apps on Lucid screen. I basically rely on CarPlay in my useless infotainment of Jeep Wrangler. Having CarPlay/AndroidAuto, Lucid can be one up Tesla and Rivian in infotainment features. I also find Polestar 2 Android system very appealing to just download EA, ABRP and PlugShare app into its native infotainment screen. With CarPlay, I don’t need to ask my passenger to check my phone for PlugShare or Waze app. Having CarPlay basically adding couple dozens app instantly onto the this car to function right away.
Yes. To me, CarPlay is all about the synchronization with my phone. If I’m listening to a track, I stop the car, pop in my headphones, and continue right where I left off.

I get to use my preferred Podcasts app, which again, is all synced up, so I don’t need to worry about marking items listened to, having items downloaded in two places, etc.

Same with Maps. Messages. And so on. One source of truth. The car just becomes a conduit to the digital life that’s already in my pocket.

I do generally like Lucid’s UI. And for casual trips, I can see myself just using the native system on occasion. And for all the car’s native controls, cameras, etc. I’m glad Lucid has built a system that is at least to me intuitive and attractive.

But for any significant driving, I’m likely going to be using CarPlay primarily for all mapping and entertainment.

That I can relate to a project I was involved had Apple Store pushed back 60 days.
CarPlay is an Apple product not a Lucid app going into the app store. My guess is that the process is different.

Loving the SiriusXM. Thanks. Here’s some suggestions as it matures:

Since I and many will spend the most time on the favorites menu many of these items are related to that menu
1. When on Favorites menu, the Sirius item in the top bar is not amber but should be.
2. Favorites should be viewable as icons as are many other menus on audio.
3. Ideally, we’d be able to re-organize the icons or line items in favorites. At the very least, be able to “sticky” items to draw them to the top.
4. The item in the favorites list that is currently playing should be highlighted in amber as in other menus.
5. Favorites should be listed in the main menu alongside For You, Categories, and My Collection.
6. There should be a left arrow next to the Favorites title in the menu to go back to the very top menu. Currently the only way to get there is to use the very top SiriusXM icon as a toggle between Favorites and everything else.
7. Going in and out of the favorites menu should not cause the very top menu bar to move around. Static positions of the icons is important while driving.
8. As more and more music platforms are added to the car, on the very top bar of the pilot panel only show the items that are “signed in.” No need to see an option that only lead to a sign-in menu in settings.

Again, thanks for the SiriusXM. I’m thrilled to have it as an audio option.

Back