I have to wonder how many of these regression bugs are due to the hardware / firmware variants that Lucid had to install on many GTs over the summer and fall, due to supply chain issues. Certainly would explain how some of these things are falling through the testing cracks.

And I wonder if they have managed to standardize the hardware more now as they are getting into Touring and Pure production. Or are we still talking about multiple firmware versions, variations in hardware suppliers, etc. even now?

Sure, but at least it’s a consistent screen that doesn’t change. You can also ask Alexa to turn it on.
I don't want Alexa adjusting the mirrors or steering wheel.

I don't want Alexa adjusting the mirrors or steering wheel.
Great, then don’t?

I haven’t adjusted my mirrors or steering wheel ever, after the first time I set up my driving position and the profile remembers me. I really don’t think those need to be physical buttons.

Great, then don’t?

I haven’t adjusted my mirrors or steering wheel ever, after the first time I set up my driving position and the profile remembers me. I really don’t think those need to be physical buttons.
Well I do and like physical buttons. A good cabin design can have both. I think that it was a poor choice not to have them.

Great, then don’t?

The Scottsdale sales manager made the exact same comments when he test drove our EQS, and I could see the logic. But applying the same logic to daily operations such as HomeLink, one could easily see why some folks, myself included, would find it convenient to have physical buttons for the garage.

speaking of physical buttons .. I was pleasantly surprised to find out (by accident .. though it's in the manual) that by pressing the center button on the right toggle switch on the steering wheel you can answer an incoming call .. 👍

I kept thinking how annoying it was to have to reach over to the right cockpit panel [while driving] to answer the phone, when I inadvertently pressed the center button and .. voila' .. I answered the call !! ... I then looked in the manual and the functionality was outlined in there .. should've read the manual. (of course, not sure how to hang up w/o reaching over, but c'est la vie)

speaking of physical buttons .. I was pleasantly surprised to find out (by accident .. though it's in the manual) that by pressing the center button on the right toggle switch on the steering wheel you can answer an incoming call .. 👍

I kept thinking how annoying it was to have to reach over to the right cockpit panel [while driving] to answer the phone, when I inadvertently pressed the center button and .. voila' .. I answered the call !! ... I then looked in the manual and the functionality was outlined in there .. should've read the manual. (of course, not sure how to hang up w/o reaching over, but c'est la vie)
Hold the same button to hang up.

Hold the same button to hang up.
I tried, but it muted the microphone .. should I have pressed and held it longer?
will have to try that next time.

I tried, but it muted the microphone .. should I have pressed and held it longer?
Yes 2 seconds then let go.

When on a call, short press is mute and long press hangs up.
When receiving a call, short press answers and long press declines the call.

Does this update fix: intermittently no sound inside the car? (Including turn signals). Rebooting USUALLY fixes it but not ideal when youre out with passengers.
i can say, based on my experience this weekend, definitively NO!😑

When on a call, short press is mute and long press hangs up.
When receiving a call, short press answers and long press declines the call.

The buttons in our Lucid work one way, the buttons in our Tesla another, the buttons in our Honda another, the buttons on my iPhone another, the buttons on my Google phone another. Same thing with the key fobs for all three vehicles.

People who design these user interfaces are so focused on the particular product they're designing with nary a thought to end users who own multiple products, all of which were designed at the bottom of their own wells.

For people who own only one car and use only one smart device, that's all well and good. For the rest of us, it means we don't use a lot of the features because we can't remember how they operate on the device in hand.

The buttons in our Lucid work one way, the buttons in our Tesla another, the buttons in our Honda another, the buttons on my iPhone another, the buttons on my Google phone another. Same thing with the key fobs for all three vehicles.

People who design these user interfaces are so focused on the particular product they're designing with nary a thought to end users who own multiple products, all of which were designed at the bottom of their own wells.

For people who own only one car and use only one smart device, that's all well and good. For the rest of us, it means we don't use a lot of the features because we can't remember how they operate on the device in hand.
So what should Lucid have done? Copy the Tesla? Copy the Honda? Copy your iPhone?

So long as there are no standards, it’s sort of hard to ask any one company to standardize.

And as I’ve said before, there has never been any standard user interface for cars. So this is nothing new. Every car I’ve ever driven required some sort of learning curve.

So what should Lucid have done? Copy the Tesla? Copy the Honda? Copy your iPhone?

So long as there are no standards, it’s sort of hard to ask any one company to standardize.

And as I’ve said before, there has never been any standard user interface for cars. So this is nothing new. Every car I’ve ever driven required some sort of learning curve.

What I would prefer is more buttons that each have only one function instead of today's trend toward icons that do different things depending on how long you hold them, how many times you press them, or in which sequence you press them. It's easy enough to master if you have only one device that operates that way. But when you have multiple devices, all of which operate in their own idiosyncratic ways, the confusion mushrooms.

There is another thread on this forum right now about how to shift the Lucid into neutral. The fact that some people have found it so confusing that they are turning to a forum for answers on how to do it speaks volumes. And in this case the matter was compounded by the fact that Lucid changed the way to do it with the UX 2.0 release so that people who once knew how to do it had to relearn it.

The auto press used to complain about the profusion of single-purpose buttons on Mercedes' control panels. In fact, I found my several Mercedes from that era among the easiest cars I've owned in which to execute commands.

A lot of Pilot Screen acreage is wasted on an over-large display image of the car that changes color with the drive modes. Some of that real estate could be used for a few more single-purpose buttons to control key features.

What I would prefer is more buttons that each have only one function instead of today's trend toward icons that do different things depending on how long you hold them, how many times you press them, or in which sequence you press them. It's easy enough to master if you have only one device that operates that way. But when you have multiple devices, all of which operate in their own idiosyncratic ways, the confusion mushrooms.

There is another thread on this forum right now about how to shift the Lucid into neutral. The fact that some people have found it so confusing that they are turning to a forum for answers on how to do it speaks volumes. And in this case the matter was compounded by the fact that Lucid changed the way to do it with the UX 2.0 release so that people who once knew how to do it had to relearn it.

The auto press used to complain about the profusion of single-purpose buttons on Mercedes' control panels. In fact, I found my several Mercedes from that era among the easiest cars I've owned in which to execute commands.

A lot of Pilot Screen acreage is wasted on an over-large display image of the car that changes color with the drive modes. Some of that real estate could be used for a few more single-purpose buttons to control key features.
Thank you from someone who hates the overdone reliance on menus and submenus. A few more dedicated buttons would be appreciated, not to mention safer.

Too many times I have to look away from the road, where previously I had muscle memory of where the correct buttons were.

Driver Monitoring Unavailable error!

I'm on 2.0.33 and this error has popped up a few times. It has not happened prior to this update and I don't see anything that is physically blocking the camera. Anybody else?View attachment 7174
I’ve been having the same exact issue since .33 … nothing works… nothing is blocking camera … have turned feature off and on … still happens about 5 minutes into every drive … was anyone able to resolve this

interestingly enough, are you guys putting your phone into the charger slot? If so, try not having it in there.

Back