1st car wash.

It’s a car wash so it’s possible sure 👍
IMG_9789.webp

I prefer to let the atmosphere wash it au natural.

Interesting that you say that. On a car collector friend's recommendation, I had my car treated with a high quality ceramic coating, and I can't believe how easy it is to keep the car clean. The car winters in Arizona and summers in Washington, so it doesn't have to contend with snow, slush, mud, etc., but none-the-less, I'm impressed with how rain along with any accumulated dust on the surface just sheets off it, and does not spot. I dust the car once in a while, and wipe off morning dew if it's outside, but have never washed it in the nine months that I've owned it.

Has anyone used a car wash yet? Do the people in the car wash know how this automatic switch to park works Just wondering if anyone has had a problem
I’ll go through one specific touchless one that’s near me that’s good. I have full PPF and ceramic so I don’t use the wax options etc. That’s only if I don’t have time to hand wash it using either ONR or foam cannon. I’d avoid those automated washes with the tracks/rollers etc.

Interesting that you say that. On a car collector friend's recommendation, I had my car treated with a high quality ceramic coating, and I can't believe how easy it is to keep the car clean. The car winters in Arizona and summers in Washington, so it doesn't have to contend with snow, slush, mud, etc., but none-the-less, I'm impressed with how rain along with any accumulated dust on the surface just sheets off it, and does not spot. I dust the car once in a while, and wipe off morning dew if it's outside, but have never washed it in the nine months that I've owned it.
Mine is a black car with ceramic/PPF. Looks fantastic for about two days after washing. Prior to getting the ceramic/PPF it looked fantastic for only one day after washing, so I guess it was worth it.

Mine is a black car with ceramic/PPF. Looks fantastic for about two days after washing. Prior to getting the ceramic/PPF it looked fantastic for only one day after washing, so I guess it was worth it.
You can use brushes never had an issue …

I guess PPF would protect against brushes scratching? Lucid does recommend against it though as well as high pressure washers.

I guess PPF would protect against brushes scratching? Lucid does recommend against it though as well as high pressure washers.
I was told by my PPF installer to never use a car wash with brushes, but that a touch less should be safe. That being said, I have only hand washed my car in my nearly 27 months of ownership. Helps to live in CA so I don't have to worry about cold temps 😁

Ya all care too much just put it in a car wash done it several times both with brushes and without brushes. It’s not worth my time to worry this much it’s a car and it’s a car that depreciates. It won’t be perfect you drive it gets dirty. Brush the crap out if it lol. Life too short

Ya all care too much just put it in a car wash done it several times both with brushes and without brushes. It’s not worth my time to worry this much it’s a car and it’s a car that depreciates. It won’t be perfect you drive it gets dirty. Brush the crap out if it lol. Life too short
Especially because a lot of these are leases.

For me detailing is my therapy. It’s one of the few things in my life that’s not complex and I see the results of my work immediately.
I did a recent mild paint correction and ceramic coating.
35 years of detailing all my own cars.
If anyone needs any diy tips let me know.
Note: foam cannon before ceramic coating.

IMG_1630.webp

IMG_0477.webp

Except with PPF, brushes could mess up the film, which would be an expensive repair. No thanks. And I agree with @translux - it's satisfying to see the fruits of your labors.

Except with PPF, brushes could mess up the film, which would be an expensive repair. No thanks. And I agree with @translux - it's satisfying to see the fruits of your labors.
It takes about 10-15 min to run to my local carwash where I get unlimited washes. All about value of time I guess

And some might say you don’t care enough based on your history with the car 🤣

And some might say you don’t care enough based on your history with the car 🤣
I'd probably say that too. But everyone has a different comfort level. @blueice89, I'm just surprised that with all the customization you've done on yours that you're not into keeping it really nice.

It takes about 10-15 min to run to my local carwash where I get unlimited washes. All about value of time I guess
Not about the value of time. It’s about the value of keeping nice things nice.

I didn’t put PPF on my car because it would make it easier to sell. I put it on there because I like keeping my nice things looking nice.

As an example, it takes me no more time to take my car to the detailer. They work on it, I go grab lunch, I get my car back. My active time is solely driving there.

When I’m washing it myself, I do it to get my mind off things, work with my hands, and so on.

You don’t care about brush strokes, swirl marks, and similar things. That’s fine, and I’m not suggesting you should. More power to ya.

But I also don’t take my Air off-roading, so 🤷‍♂️

Back