1st car wash.

It takes about 10-15 min to run to my local carwash where I get unlimited washes. All about value of time I guess
I also have the same unlimited carwash deal. I’ll never understand this ongoing fear of car washes. I pick a good one and use it as needed. I’ve never had damage nor paint issues from any of them.

Years ago when we used to lease one Lexus after another, upon return of my car at the lease end, the typical response from the lease manager was, “It’s Ken’s car, no need to look at it”. It was an ongoing joke because I returned cars looking as good as the day it rolled out of the dealership. Never hand washed, but always waxed frequently. Waxing I enjoy, hand washing not so much. It’s not even about time, I just don’t enjoy washing a car.

One of the issues I have with washing the car is it hides water like crazy, so if you go to a touchless wash you’re definitely gonna end up with water spots and streaks from it hiding water in the mirrors, charge port and trunk. If I hand wash it it ALWAYS looks better than car wash, even if just doing ONR and not the foam cannon. But if I don’t have time, which is common, then there’s one touchless wash that does a good job. So many of them though totally fail at the rocker panels, like they’ll still look half dirty after going through, I guess just due to the shape of the car.

I was told by my PPF installer to never use a car wash with brushes, but that a touch less should be safe. That being said, I have only hand washed my car in my nearly 27 months of ownership. Helps to live in CA so I don't have to worry about cold temps 😁

I put Optimum ceramic coating on our first Air Dream P, but the manufacturer said putting it through an automatic car wash would void the warranty.

When that car was wrecked and I replaced it with another Dream P, I had it wrapped with Xpel Ultimate specifically because it was approved for automatic carwashes. I've been putting it through an automatic carwash for a year now, and the finish still looks brand new. If it is picking up any swirls, the self-healing properties of the film is taking care of them.

No parts have come off the car, and I've even quit folding in the outside mirrors as the brushes do a better job in that area with them extended.

After years of doubts, I've concluded that well-maintained modern carwashes really do not pose a problem.

Back