1st car wash.

grtlooks

Cars
lucid touring
Was so apprehensive to take it to a car wash. Took a bit to get into neutral, but once we did it was smooth sailing from there. The car made it and so did I. No problems at all.

So no issues in those drive through car washes? I haven’t washed my car yet only letting the service center actually wash it

I wouldn't use any auto car wash systems with track systems. When I first got the car, and I was getting familiar with the size of the compared to my previous, I went to my local one that I have been using for years. The assistant that was helping me to get the tire on the track misguided me and put me partially on the track. This is what happened once he turned on the track...
PXL_20230509_000810387.jpg

I wouldn't use any auto car wash systems with track systems. When I first got the car, and I was getting familiar with the size of the compared to my previous, I went to my local one that I have been using for years. The assistant that was helping me to get the tire on the track misguided me and put me partially on the track. This is what happened once he turned on the track...View attachment 12989
Seems more like user error to me but maybe I don’t know the whole story. We have been doing automatic car washes since 2019 in our Teslas but lucid is first car I had with pretty dark paint although we do have a model Y that has done well with grey paint.

Seems more like user error to me but maybe I don’t know the whole story. We have been doing automatic car washes since 2019 in our Teslas but lucid is first car I had with pretty dark paint although we do have a model Y that has done well with grey paint.
Total user error. My point is unless you're perfectly on the track, any misalignment could lead to damage. Why risk it? Now that I have film and coating, I will only hand wash at home.

Total user error. My point is unless you're perfectly on the track, any misalignment could lead to damage. Why risk it? Now that I have film and coating, I will only hand wash at home.
Not really an option in AZ for us the heat is too much

Was so apprehensive to take it to a car wash. Took a bit to get into neutral, but once we did it was smooth sailing from there. The car made it and so did I. No problems at all.
I used to have the same problem of a hard time getting into neutral until I researched the problem on this forum and discovered that if you just move the stalk 1/2 way up or down rather than all the way and just hold for a few seconds it will automatically go to Neutral

Not really a reply per se. Took Pure delivery on 5 September in Scottsdale. Have been obsessing about how to keep the exterior clean. Have read about the issues with car wash brushes but I recall when car washes actually had brushes. Today it's felt (I think) strips that get waved at the car. Anyway I read, and talked to detailers. My previous car got washed at the Mister Car here in Sahuarita, Arizona with no issues. So today I took Luci to see Mister. They have a setting on their machine they call Envelope or something similar. Means the rotating cylinders with the felt strips spin but don't move toward the car. They do touch the car
Luci on 28 Sep 2023.jpg
side slightly. The result was exccellent. I still walked around after with my micro fiber towel drying and in a few places cleaning up where rinse water residue appeared.

So it's Mister for me and not having to try to hand wash Luci in the driveway in 35 degree cold (January) or 110 degree heat (June - July). Yeah.

I used to have the same problem of a hard time getting into neutral until I researched the problem on this forum and discovered that if you just move the stalk 1/2 way up or down rather than all the way and just hold for a few seconds it will automatically go to Neutral
Info about this and much more can be found at www.lucidupdates.com.

After having had the car for six months, I took it to a car wash for the first time. It was a brushless wash. The drying process involved powerful blowers. Unfortunately, it blew off two pieces of trim=, about 5" (+/-) long from the roof, directly about driver window and front passenger window. From now on, I'll do it by hand.
IMG_4867.jpeg

And they say brushless is harmless. Brushes all day everyday !

After having had the car for six months, I took it to a car wash for the first time. It was a brushless wash. The drying process involved powerful blowers. Unfortunately, it blew off two pieces of trim=, about 5" (+/-) long from the roof, directly about driver window and front passenger window. From now on, I'll do it by hand.View attachment 15301
Those should be easily replaced. The trim pieces are removable for mounting the racks.

Back