1st car wash.

Here is also angled views of carwash with brushes it’s fine

I enjoy washing my car and cringe at the thought of taking it through an automated carwash. These pictures reinforce my bias. If you don't want to spend the time but still like a clean car, many detailers offer car wash packages where that will come to you house on a weekly (biweekly?) basis. It is quite reasonable if you purchase several car washes in advance. Something to consider?

Not really a reply per se. Took Pure delivery on 5 September in Scottsdale. Have been obsessing about how to keep the exterior clean. Have read about the issues with car wash brushes but I recall when car washes actually had brushes. Today it's felt (I think) strips that get waved at the car. Anyway I read, and talked to detailers. My previous car got washed at the Mister Car here in Sahuarita, Arizona with no issues. So today I took Luci to see Mister. They have a setting on their machine they call Envelope or something similar. Means the rotating cylinders with the felt strips spin but don't move toward the car. They do touch the car View attachment 15181 side slightly. The result was exccellent. I still walked around after with my micro fiber towel drying and in a few places cleaning up where rinse water residue appeared.

So it's Mister for me and not having to try to hand wash Luci in the driveway in 35 degree cold (January) or 110 degree heat (June - July). Yeah.
I have taken "Luna" several times now to the car wash and I have not yet had a problem.

You'll get a lot of swirl marks, so you'll lose the mirror or polish finish. That's what happened to all my previous cars I took to automated car washes. Unless you have ppf. Then you're good.

Even touch less use more harsh chemicals..
Pan the organizer speaks on the topic as well

You'll get a lot of swirl marks, so you'll lose the mirror or polish finish. That's what happened to all my previous cars I took to automated car washes. Unless you have ppf. Then you're good.

Even touch less use more harsh chemicals..
Pan the organizer speaks on the topic as well
I’ve not had that happen, but I always keep a good coat of high quality wax on.

I used to have the same problem of a hard time getting into neutral until I researched the problem on this forum and discovered that if you just move the stalk 1/2 way up or down rather than all the way and just hold for a few seconds it will automatically go to Neutral
The embarrassing, key detail is hold for a few seconds. I made a complete fool of myself not able to put the car into neutral a few days ago at a car wash. Oh well

Was so apprehensive to take it to a car wash. Took a bit to get into neutral, but once we did it was smooth sailing from there. The car made it and so did I. No problems at all.
My first car wash and never again. Mobile car wash from now on.
Not because anything happened but I was so nervous the entire time!!! 🤣
Luci will take her baths at home from now on.

Attachments

• IMG_3718.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 48
I don't take mine to anything but a full hand wash. I'd be way too nervous! Try this stuff: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DB3OEOQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
A few people on this forum recommended it. It is so easy to use. I've never, ever washed my own cars before but with this stuff, I can get it sparkly in half an hour! My only problem, as you'll see next weekend, is I'm only 5'1". So I had to get a stool to reach the center of the front window and the top of the car.

I don't take mine to anything but a full hand wash. I'd be way too nervous! Try this stuff: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DB3OEOQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
A few people on this forum recommended it. It is so easy to use. I've never, ever washed my own cars before but with this stuff, I can get it sparkly in half an hour! My only problem, as you'll see next weekend, is I'm only 5'1". So I had to get a stool to reach the center of the front window and the top of the car.
I’ll check it out now 😁

Wait, you have fathom blue with touring?? How do you like it? I have never seen fathom blue/glass roof up to this point!

Wait, you have fathom blue with touring?? How do you like it? I have never seen fathom blue/glass roof up to this point!
I love love love it!!!!! You’ll see it next weekend 😁. Blue is my favorite color tho so I am a bit biased 🤣

Just purchased the no rinse wash.

The Lucid Studio in San Diego has a fathom blue with stealth right now. It looks gorgeous. If I ever have to buy a third Lucid, I think I'd choose that color.
I agree, actually. On the online configurator stealth with fb looks horrible but IRL its gorgeous because the stealth isnt ACTUALLY black, its more grey!

Then you can commiserate with @Lucken and try to justify blue being the best color when red obviously is about it being your favorite! /s

What interior color is your precious Lucy? 🤣
Black I think. 🤔 dark 🤣

The Lucid Studio in San Diego has a fathom blue with stealth right now. It looks gorgeous. If I ever have to buy a third Lucid, I think I'd choose that color.
Pretty sure mine is the platinum and not stealth. Stealth is the black?

Back