1st car wash.

Yes. Black wheels and top.
Yep. Platinum it is.

Let’s back up a bit… if you ever need a 3rd lucid????? 👀🤭
Which one you gonna drive to the meet up?

Yep. Platinum it is.

Let’s back up a bit… if you ever need a 3rd lucid????? 👀🤭
Which one you gonna drive to the meet up?
I only have one. My husband totaled my first one by driving it into a mountain last February, leading to other discussions on this board about not letting your spouse drive you car. He jokes that he only did that so that I could have a nicer one, because the one I have now is better than the first.

I only have one. My husband totaled my first one by driving it into a mountain last February, leading to other discussions on this board about not letting your spouse drive you car. He jokes that he only did that so that I could have a nicer one, because the one I have now is better than the first.
Wait, didn’t you go to a touring from a Gt? Or was it the other way around?

And that really was a huge wreck based on your old thread.. it’s a testament to how safe the car is you weren’t injured!

I got a cobblestone membership and they let you wash infinite times a month for reasonable rate
My car has been washed weekly to monthly here it’s okay as far as I know
IMG_3630.jpeg

Wait, didn’t you go to a touring from a Gt? Or was it the other way around?

And that really was a huge wreck based on your old thread.. it’s a testament to how safe the car is you weren’t injured!
GT to another GT. I was thinking of dropping to a Touring because the price had increased, but didn't want to give up the range.
And yeah, the car is beyond amazing when it comes to safety. When you look up statistics for hitting a solid object at 70 or 80mph, they say the survival rate is near 0%. I had a ton of bruises and a broken finger, but no permanent injuries at all. Just one of the reasons I love my Lucid!

It took me over a year -- and application of Xpel PPF -- to decide to take our Lucid through an automatic carwash. Now I do it at least every two weeks, sometimes doing an interim wipe-down with Opti-Clean Waterless Wash & Wax. So far, the car looks great. If it is picking up any swirl marks -- and I haven't seen any when drying the car -- the self-healing properties of the Xpel deal with it.

I used the new Xpel film with integrated ceramic. The car looks fine after an automatic carwash. However, if I later do a touch-up wash with the Opti-Clean, the Zenith Red finish is unbelievable. It looks a mile deep and has what I can only describe as a subtle glow in sun or night lights. We've had friends comment on it when going out to dinner, and a few weeks back a guy in a new Corvette pulled up next to me in an Ace Hardware parking lot. The first thing he wanted to know was where I got that paint job.

P.S. I also get a lot of questions about the car when towel-drying it at the automatic wash. Part of the reason might be that I spend a lot of time in the drying lot, as this car drips for hours after you wash it despite the powerful blowers in the carwash. And I have to do another spot drying routine after driving it home. It almost feels like a conspiracy.

It took me over a year -- and application of Xpel PPF -- to decide to take our Lucid through an automatic carwash. Now I do it at least every two weeks, sometimes doing an interim wipe-down with Opti-Clean Waterless Wash & Wax. So far, the car looks great. If it is picking up any swirl marks -- and I haven't seen any when drying the car -- the self-healing properties of the Xpel deal with it.

I used the new Xpel film with integrated ceramic. The car looks fine after an automatic carwash. However, if I later do a touch-up wash with the Opti-Clean, the Zenith Red finish is unbelievable. It looks a mile deep and has what I can only describe as a subtle glow in sun or night lights. We've had friends comment on it when going out to dinner, and a few weeks back a guy in a new Corvette pulled up next to me in an Ace Hardware parking lot. The first thing he wanted to know was where I got that paint job.

P.S. I also get a lot of questions about the car when towel-drying it at the automatic wash. Part of the reason might be that I spend a lot of time in the drying lot, as this car drips for hours after you wash it despite the powerful blowers in the carwash. And I have to do another spot drying routine after driving it home. It almost feels like a conspiracy.
It’s a very polarizing subject, but I’ve always felt that car washes in general get a bad rap. By condemning all of them you include the better ones, which can be quite good. I’ve never had an issue over the years (and I go quite frequently), but I’m careful in which ones I select as my ‘go to’ car washes. I believe it’s also important to have a good coat of quality wax on the car prior to visiting any car wash. This, IMO, minimizes the chances of any issues.

I‘m probably unusual (just ask my wife ;)), but for whatever reason I don’t enjoy washing a car, but I do enjoy waxing a car. Weird, I know. So that does contribute to my reliance on automatic car washes.

It’s a very polarizing subject, but I’ve always felt that car washes in general get a bad rap.

Agree. Our Honda Odyssey has neither ceramic coating nor PPF on it, and I've been putting it through an occasional carwash for over six years. Its paint has held up just fine with the only nicks and scratches being on the leading surfaces, indicating road debris damage, not carwash damage.

I just do not believe that modern carwashes that use closed-cell foam brushes pose significant risk to modern car finishes.

Yep, there are always waterspots under the trunk if I don't actually open it and dry around the trunk too!😅

Back