1.2.6 OTA Out

I just received notification a few minutes ago on the other side of world from my phone app. I’m kind of nervous to update her without me checking out what’s going on… this would be my first OTA since I got her on 4/13. And is this OTA from cellular or home WiFi? I wouldn’t know.

The “learn more” link is not working for me because I am in a region with URL blocked. Atieva wasn’t welcomed either in France or Europe. Who knows…

428B3E50-C53D-4614-8CC7-E4F54325D215.png

I can only speak on my experience and it was smooth. I’m guessing it used my Wi-Fi? Only about 7 miles of range taken up, too.

Have you tried a VPN to access site?

I can only speak on my experience and it was smooth. I’m guessing it used my Wi-Fi? Only about 7 miles of range taken up, too.

Have you tried a VPN to access site?

I just installed HotSpotVPN… still not working for me. Mmmmmmm…..

Quick thing - did you also turn off location services on your phone while using VPN?
I tried location service both turn on and off while on VPN, it didn’t work.
I rebooted phone, it didn’t work.
I cleared web cache and cookies, it didn’t work.
I reset Safari - Advanced - Experimental features to factory default, it didn’t work.
I turned off hotel local WiFi, it didn’t work.

I wonder if it has to do with local WiFi or SFR cellular blocking that page. I basically gave up.

I had to dig my passwords pile to log back in to this forum, since I deleted cache.

That was fun 60 minutes of detective work.

I just received notification a few minutes ago on the other side of world from my phone app. I’m kind of nervous to update her without me checking out what’s going on… this would be my first OTA since I got her on 4/13. And is this OTA from cellular or home WiFi? I wouldn’t know.

The “learn more” link is not working for me because I am in a region with URL blocked. Atieva wasn’t welcomed either in France or Europe. Who knows…

View attachment 2719
I updated mine remotely via my phone on cellular because I was out of town and my car was at the auto shop (so not connected to WiFi). Worked perfectly. But I was still in the country, so maybe that made a difference 🤷‍♂️

I called Customer Care today to ask them to please push out 1.6.1 to my DE. After looking me up, he said I am scheduled for Monday - they are being pushed out in batches and although he can see what batch I’m in, he can’t change it.

After seeing your post, I called Customer Care to ask when the update would be pushed to our car, as we're leaving on a trip this morning and would really like to get the Nav system improvements. I was told that, although they know the software is being pushed out in batches, they have no information about which car is in which batch.

This is the second time relating to this update that people in the Call Center have given me two completely different stories. (The first time I called on another issue, and the rep asked me if my car had received the update. I said no, and she told me it was being pushed to all owners at once by June 10. That, too, turned out to be erroneous.)

After seeing your post, I called Customer Care to ask when the update would be pushed to our car, as we're leaving on a trip this morning and would really like to get the Nav system improvements. I was told that, although they know the software is being pushed out in batches, they have no information about which car is in which batch.

This is the second time relating to this update that people in the Call Center have given me two completely different stories. (The first time I called on another issue, and the rep asked me if my car had received the update. I said no, and she told me it was being pushed to all owners at once by June 10. That, too, turned out to be erroneous.)
A customer care person definitely would not have the ability to move your car to another batch. I’m surprised one would be able to look up which batch someone was in. If anything, maybe they could forward a request to push to another batch to the tech team, but if I were running that team I’d never give a tier 1 customer support rep that sort of control over OTA updates.

A customer care person definitely would not have the ability to move your car to another batch. I’m surprised one would be able to look up which batch someone was in. If anything, maybe they could forward a request to push to another batch to the tech team, but if I were running that team I’d never give a tier 1 customer support rep that sort of control over OTA updates.
I wasn’t asking to be moved; just wondered if the update would arrive while we were on the road

I wasn’t asking to be moved; just wondered if the update would arrive while we were on the road
You know what they say....3rd times a charm!

I was given a very straightforward answer recently on the rollout batches:
  • A number of electronic components in the car have their own firmware and/or APIs the eng team has to account for
  • Several different vendors have been used for some of the same components resulting in batches of cars with specific component makeups (mono-sourcing at Lucid's scale during a supply-chain crunch is the likely cause)
  • Each OTA requires testing and rollout for each batch, some with more work involved than others
  • (Inferring here) larger batches with the same component makeup will get pushed sooner vs. others with fewer peers
As Lucid ramps production and gets better at mono-sourcing this will be less of a holdup. I for one am very excited for 1.2.6 but am not holding my breath - it will land when it lands.

Edit: I should note this is likely on top of the need to test for issues in limited numbers before sending out to all owners.

Has anyone heard any plans or discussion about being able to divde the glass cockpit and the pilot panel with different sets of info. I'd love to be able to have my media on the pilot panel and my navigation in the cockpit panel or vice versa.

What are we referring to with terms like “pilot panel” and “cockpit panel”? Instrument binnacle versus “central display unit”, or vice versa?

I was given a very straightforward answer recently on the rollout batches:
  • A number of electronic components in the car have their own firmware and/or APIs the eng team has to account for
  • Several different vendors have been used for some of the same components resulting in batches of cars with specific component makeups (mono-sourcing at Lucid's scale during a supply-chain crunch is the likely cause)
  • Each OTA requires testing and rollout for each batch, some with more work involved than others
  • (Inferring here) larger batches with the same component makeup will get pushed sooner vs. others with fewer peers
As Lucid ramps production and gets better at mono-sourcing this will be less of a holdup. I for one am very excited for 1.2.6 but am not holding my breath - it will land when it lands.

Edit: I should note this is likely on top of the need to test for issues in limited numbers before sending out to all owners.
Such a simple, reasonable, direct explanation. No controversy, no drama, just information. Thank you!

What are we referring to with terms like “pilot panel” and “cockpit panel”? Instrument binnacle versus “central display unit”, or vice versa?
Glass cockpit display is above, pilot panel is screen below. This is how Lucid describes their UX

I hope the Nav system updates actually make it possible to find an address. On the first leg of our trip this morning we planned to stop for a charge in Bushnell, FL. so I tried to program the Nav system first with Alexa and then by typing in the address.

The Electrify America website gave the address as “2163 W C 48, Bushnell, FL”. I tried that but got nothing, either by asking Alexa or by typing in the address. I then tried “2163 West C 48, Bushnell, FL” and got nothing. I then tried “Electrify America charger in Bushnell, FL” and got nothing. I then brought up the list of Florida charging stations under the charging location icon on the Pilot Screen. There were dozens of sites listed, but none for Bushnell, FL.

I looked at the Electrify America website again and saw the charger was at Walmart Store 959 in Bushnell. I asked Alexa to ”take me to Walmart 969 in Bushnell, FL”. Lo and behold, she said back to me, “do you want to go to 2163 West C 48 in Bushnell, FL” — the second damned address I had asked for numerous attempts earlier.

If the Nav system cannot find an address unless you have the exact right magic incantation, no amount of display features is going to make the system usable for road tripping. Thank God for Siri and Google Assistant on our cell phones.

Last edited:
So, my experience on the update in the brief few days has been very positive. Exit numbers for highways, very descriptive exit lane info (on screen not Alexa), and more detailed information on search for nearly all searches. I have yet to encounter a scenario where the nav didn’t find an address. I am in CA and have downloaded the offline map recently after update though. EA stations search is so much easier, too! Also, no more stopped moving of the arrow icon like I (and a few others) had mentioned.

The only persistent issue I have seen is the over reporting of yellow (slow) traffic areas. I drive in suburban Orange County and it has 50% of my route yellow and I’m moving along swiftly. I realize that this is probably not Lucid data but something of note for those using it to plan routes once you receive it.

I hope the Nav system updates actually make it possible to find an address. On the first leg of our trip this morning we planned to stop for a charge in Bushnell, FL. so I tried to program the Nav system first with Alexa and then by typing in the address.

The Electrify America website gave the address as “2163 W C 48, Bushnell, FL”. I tride that but got nothing, either by asking Alexa or by typing in the address. I then tried “2163 West C 48, Bushnell, FL” and got nothing. I then tried “Electrify America charger in Bushnell, FL” and got nothing. I then brought up the list of Florida charging stations under the charging location icon on the Pilot Screen. There were dozens of sites listed, but none for Bushnell, FL.

I looked at the Electrify America website again and saw the charger was at Walmart Store 959 in Bushnell. I asked Alexa to ”take me to Walmart 969 in Bushnell, FL”. Lo and behold, she said back to me, “do you want to go to 2163 West C 48 in Bushnell, FL” — the second damned address I had asked for numerous attempts earlier.

If the Nav system cannot find an address unless you have the exact right magic incantation, no amount of display features is going to make the system usable for road tripping. Thank God for Siri and Google Assistant on our cell phones.
Being able to pan, zoom, and click in the new update is a solution for this I feel. Beyond the much improved EA station sort. My 2 cents anyhow.

Hope the trip is great! I just finished a 1200 mile trip with 3 kids and the wife. PCT, Big Sur, and down the PCH. Incredible!

Don’t get me wrong. I love this car in so many ways and would rather be on the road with it than any other car I’ve ever owned. But after almost six months, I’m just tired of dealing with navigation and voice activation systems from a decade ago.

The Electrify America website gave the address as “2163 W C 48, Bushnell, FL”. I tried that but got nothing, either by asking Alexa or by typing in the address. I then tried “2163 West C 48, Bushnell, FL” and got nothing. I then tried “Electrify America charger in Bushnell, FL” and got nothing. I then brought up the list of Florida charging stations under the charging location icon on the Pilot Screen. There were dozens of sites listed, but none for Bushnell, FL.

I hear you. I would look up what establishment the EA charger was at (usually Walmart) and then ask Alexa for that location. Worked pretty well as a work-around. I also used Waze as a constant backup. Can’t wait to get 1.2.6.

Back