1.2.6 OTA Out

Looks like my main issues are Alexa got signed out and my Mobile Key stopped working even though it’s still listed at linked. Will delete the key and re-pair which will hopefully resolve the issue.

Seems I may be an anomaly though

Before the update, on version 1.2.1 this happened to me twice. A reboot fixed it both times, the turn signal one not the walking away locking one because that didn't do anything. So...it's not unique to the update! Also, wow @Firstto520 for responding so quickly!
I’ve had this twice this week on 1.2.1

I had to call Lucid Customer Service at 3:45 a.m. this morning because the car was honking in the garage. It turned out it was a false "Shock & Tilt" alarm that some other posters have experienced recently.

The Rep asked if my car had just gotten a software update. When I told her it hadn't, she said they are pushing 1.2.6 to all Air owners by tomorrow (Friday, June 10).

Well, this was obviously bad information. Seeing that some owners have already received the update, and June 10 has come and gone, I called Lucid Customer Service this morning. The person I spoke to told me that the update has only gone out to a few "early testers" and that the full rollout may take until the end of the month.

So much for having the new Nav features for our road trip that starts tomorrow.

Well, this was obviously bad information. Seeing that some owners have already received the update, and June 10 has come and gone, I called Lucid Customer Service this morning. The person I spoke to told me that the update has only gone out to a few "early testers" and that the full rollout may take until the end of the month.

Yeah, this is really annoying. Seeing as I have written bug reports a long time ago for pretty much all the ‘new’ features they are introducing, I would think I would get an email telling me that things are fixed and an offer to get the latest version.

I got the notification to update today (a little after midnight). I am definitely not an early tester 🤷.

Many here are new to OTA updates. The way this often works is they send out the update in batches. So some will get it sooner, some later. Yes, there is an early tester group who get updates several days before anyone else. And before them, an internal testing group that gets the much more buggy versions to test. But even on the wide release, which does seem to be happening now, the server will push these things out in batches. And those can often be random. So don’t despair if you don’t get it right away. It can take several days, depending on how careful they want to be with the rollout, before everyone “gets” the update.

The same thing is happening with many of the updated apps on your phone. It can take several hours for even a small indie app to reach everyone in the Google or Apple ecosystem. And developers of those apps, too, have the option to roll out in batches. Just in case the first group to get the update reports a massive new bug that wasn‘t caught in testing. They can pull the release and do a patch before everyone else experiences the problem.

For emergency-type updates that they want everyone to have right away, they are able to push that out all at once. But it’s more of a risk, and much more taxing on the servers, to do it that way. Better to not have thousands of people attempting to download at once.

Don’t bother calling a DA or SA to ask them to ”push” a specific update to your car. Like I said, other than the early tester lists, this is probably quite random. They aren’t going to make the server team find your car and push it out to you specifically.

If you seem to be the only one here who still doesn’t have the update two weeks from now, sure. At that point, maybe contact someone to see if the car is not connecting to the Lucid servers, or something. Until then, it’s a waiting game.

I often get Tesla updates two or three days after my neighbors, and vice versa.

Many here are new to OTA updates. The way this often works is they send out the update in batches. So some will get it sooner, some later. Yes, there is an early tester group who get updates several days before anyone else. And before them, an internal testing group that gets the much more buggy versions to test. But even on the wide release, which does seem to be happening now, the server will push these things out in batches. And those can often be random. So don’t despair if you don’t get it right away. It can take several days, depending on how careful they want to be with the rollout, before everyone “gets” the update.

The same thing is happening with many of the updated apps on your phone. It can take several hours for even a small indie app to reach everyone in the Google or Apple ecosystem. And developers of those apps, too, have the option to roll out in batches. Just in case the first group to get the update reports a massive new bug that wasn‘t caught in testing. They can pull the release and do a patch before everyone else experiences the problem.

For emergency-type updates that they want everyone to have right away, they are able to push that out all at once. But it’s more of a risk, and much more taxing on the servers, to do it that way. Better to not have thousands of people attempting to download at once.

Don’t bother calling a DA or SA to ask them to ”push” a specific update to your car. Like I said, other than the early tester lists, this is probably quite random. They aren’t going to make the server team find your car and push it out to you specifically.

If you seem to be the only one here who still doesn’t have the update two weeks from now, sure. At that point, maybe contact someone to see if the car is not connecting to the Lucid servers, or something. Until then, it’s a waiting game.

You’re correct. With our Teslas too, there’s no rhyme or reason as to when the OTA updates drop. Absolutely no point badgering or pestering anyone. It’s not going to get you the update any faster. The OTA updates will come when they come.

I am waiting for my GT but wanted to chime in on OTAs...Tesla has it down but to say that Lucid is sending out small "batches" when they have less than 2000 units on the road is somewhat crazy. They do not have enough units out there. Granted that they should have a small group of "beta testers" but I still contend that even us early adopters should get some sense of quality and satisfaction at this price point. So, once again, yea for the engineering marvel but boo for the software drop.

I am waiting for my GT but wanted to chime in on OTAs...Tesla has it down but to say that Lucid is sending out small "batches" when they have less than 2000 units on the road is somewhat crazy. They do not have enough units out there. Granted that they should have a small group of "beta testers" but I still contend that even us early adopters should get some sense of quality and satisfaction at this price point. So, once again, yea for the engineering marvel but boo for the software drop.
Tesla has many more cars, but they have also scaled up their server infrastructure accordingly. Doubtful Lucid would have done that yet, given those servers would be sitting idle most of the time.

It may be percentage based, not vehicle count based.

Rolling updates are just smart business. Why brick every car when you can have a few canaries? Granted, it’s frustrating for us as users, given the small number of vehicles and That we are mostly “early adopters”.

Many here are new to OTA updates. The way this often works is they send out the update in batches.

I know that, which is why I was surprised when the Customer Care rep told me two days ago that all owners were getting the update at once -- by June 10.

The real question for me is why two reps who work in the same facility would have such different takes on this rollout.

I know that, which is why I was surprised when the Customer Care rep told me two days ago that all owners were getting the update at once -- by June 10.
That surprised me also. I was told the same. My assumption was that Lucid deemed it super high priority and would do a rushed full push

That surprised me also. I was told the same. My assumption was that Lucid deemed it super high priority and would do a rushed full push
Feels like an unfortunate pattern with Lucid. Too many people being told things without complete details or understanding. What the person communicating this to the customer care reps probably meant was that the rollout to everyone was starting on the 10th. And then the support people, understandably, interpreted that as meaning everyone was getting the update on the 10th.

Also need to remember, it was reported that some of the cars had different hardware that an update had to be tweaked for. None of this was confirmed but it would make sense why some owners got it beforehand.

Feels like an unfortunate pattern with Lucid. Too many people being told things without complete details or understanding. What the person communicating this to the customer care reps probably meant was that the rollout to everyone was starting on the 10th. And then the support people, understandably, interpreted that as meaning everyone was getting the update on the 10th.
That’s my thought.

The thing is, support is HARD. I built 2 different global support teams from the ground up and these types of mistakes are super easy to make. It’s a learning curve.

For months, people were complaining about the lack of an OTA update (rightfully so in my opinion). Now, it has been only a few days since they have started rolling out a meaningful update and many of the same people are still complaining. How about accepting the win and give lucid the benefit of the doubt as to their methods? It’s easy to be an armchair engineer.

So, I have been driving around most of the day shuttling kids to activities on new update. The navigation app has loaded slightly faster with fresh offline map download. However, it has been stuck at my last location 2 of the 3 trips. The arrow will not move with the car once I start driving and it thinks I’m still at my last destination. Unable to navigate at all.

Lucid software team - if you are reading these forums, feel free to use my data and this experience for the greater good and future updates if you aren’t already.
Please notify Customer Care

this has happened to me twice (1.2.1) and I keep reporting it, hoping we will move away from HERE to Google Maps

Last edited:
Back