1.2.6 OTA Out

Wow was told very curtly by the service rep that they cannot PUSH the update to me. They did not have a way to do so despite me saying I have it on good authority that it was done. Must be busy taking the bugs out.
WOW, I have never had an issue with a support rep. When I called and asked for the update, I was told that they would contact the department that sends updates and I had it within 30 min.

The Service Rep at a Service Center or Lucid Customer Care? I believe most people have had updates pushed by calling Lucid Customer Care not the Service Centers. I could be wrong.
Correct. I called the "800" number, not the local service center.

The Service Rep at a Service Center or Lucid Customer Care? I believe most people have had updates pushed by calling Lucid Customer Care not the Service Centers. I could be wrong.
I called the 888 Service Number

I called the 888 Service Number
The updates are hardware specific and not every car has the same hardware, even from GT to GT one batch may have had a different module than the next which would require a software tweak. Some DE owners had not gotten 1.2.6 yet when I already had for that reason, so it cannot be pushed to any car at any time.

I think the Tidal freezing is the extra bandwidth for HiFi. I tested it on high and it has less dropouts.
With Tidal - mine freezes sometimes too- easiest fix- go to the view where they list the songs and choose another song. Seems to reset. Also - sometimes I go to Tune in - reestablish the connection and go back to Tidal. Another hack - go to Tidal on your smartphone and pick out a song - go to Tracks Radio- and play. That tracks Playlist will be on your Tidal recently played no in the car . Tidal on Lucid doesn't allow for that - Tesla did. Small hack - but I liked searching for a song, then having similar songs play after that on Tesla.

With Tidal - mine freezes sometimes too- easiest fix- go to the view where they list the songs and choose another song. Seems to reset. Also - sometimes I go to Tune in - reestablish the connection and go back to Tidal. Another hack - go to Tidal on your smartphone and pick out a song - go to Tracks Radio- and play. That tracks Playlist will be on your Tidal recently played no in the car . Tidal on Lucid doesn't allow for that - Tesla did. Small hack - but I liked searching for a song, then having similar songs play after that on Tesla.
How do you see the list of songs on the car screen?

Go to Tidal Home screen while song is playing. Just to right of where TIDAL Home appears are lines that look like a Menu bulletpoint icon. Press that. Hope it helps- I'll take a screenshot later

I used the NAV system today. First time since the 1.2.6 update. Took over 20 seconds to compute my 27 mile route.

I used the NAV system today. First time since the 1.2.6 update. Took over 20 seconds to compute my 27 mile route.
Is that with the downloaded map or without?

Yes, downloaded map. Have you found that slower?
No, actually the downloaded map makes it faster for me. I should test that with more rigorous testing by searching it and then deleting my map. Maybe when I get a few minutes I'll test it out.

Tidal for me has become the buggiest app since the update. Random freezing/jamming up, stopping during the song, having to press next to get it to play again. Sometimes that doesn’t even work so I go to TuneIn and a few mins later Tidal remembers what I tried to do and takes over again.

Tidal for me has become the buggiest app since the update. Random freezing/jamming up, stopping during the song, having to press next to get it to play again. Sometimes that doesn’t even work so I go to TuneIn and a few mins later Tidal remembers what I tried to do and takes over again.
Same here. It almost always freezes when I'm playing my Atmos playlist, but more recently has been freezing on others too. Also, while I appreciate that it'll restart the last song that was playing before it turns off, why does it always restart the song? And sometimes it only plays that one song with nothing else to follow it (i.e. forgets the playlist/"My Mix" list).

One more request Lucid: let us see the Radio lists we create in the app as part of the "Mixes" tab in the car. It's there in the mobile app...

Same here. It almost always freezes when I'm playing my Atmos playlist, but more recently has been freezing on others too. Also, while I appreciate that it'll restart the last song that was playing before it turns off, why does it always restart the song? And sometimes it only plays that one song with nothing else to follow it (i.e. forgets the playlist/"My Mix" list).

One more request Lucid: let us see the Radio lists we create in the app as part of the "Mixes" tab in the car. It's there in the mobile app...
As others have suggested, I'm wondering if it's an issue due to allowing the hi-fi quality with the release. My guess is that the Tidal app or Lucid or both doesn't handle poor wi-fi signals well. Instead of buffering and then continuing to play after better wi-fi returns, I'm betting that this is the behavior. Terrible behavior to be sure, but was it introduced because of the update or is the fact that the update allowed for higher quality, more bandwidth intensive music manifesting the problem a lot more regularly? Either way, it has definitely been an issue.

As others have suggested, I'm wondering if it's an issue due to allowing the hi-fi quality with the release. My guess is that the Tidal app or Lucid or both doesn't handle poor wi-fi signals well. Instead of buffering and then continuing to play after better wi-fi returns, I'm betting that this is the behavior. Terrible behavior to be sure, but was it introduced because of the update or is the fact that the update allowed for higher quality, more bandwidth intensive music manifesting the problem a lot more regularly? Either way, it has definitely been an issue.
Another thing that would be fixed with allowing music to be played through your USB cable.....

Another thing that would be fixed with allowing music to be played through your USB cable.....
Nooooo...... You speak crazy! Who on earth would think that is a good idea? 🤭

Sarcasm aside, I don't know why data through USB wasn't allowed day 1! Lucid has auto veterans working for them so not sure what they were thinking on this one.

Back