1.2.6 OTA Out

You fix it by not leaving the FOB in a faraday bag inside the car.

Regardless, The second fob should have worked though so something went wrong.
Agreed. In a faraday, the car shouldn’t sense the fob and act like the second one is there to do it’s job. That, coupled with the fact customer service/techs were perplexed, leads me to believe it was a valid issue. Thanks for sharing @Sam6062. That content is what I’m here for

You and me both!
At least I finally got my car yesterday after it got PPF'ed. Finally get to enjoy it (and it looks great). I'll try to post pics of the final product a bit later tonight in the appropriate forum area.

And right on cue...
Thanks, Lucid!
SmartSelect_20220615-200514_Lucid.jpg

2. Tidal to me sounds the same as before (which is fantastic) on my Dolby Playlist, but interestingly when the songs are playing, the progress bar underneath the song remains at zero, even though the song plays fine and when complete advances to the next song on the Playlist, but again progress bar remains at zero??
For this one, did you go into Settings->Applications->Tidal and change the setting to Hi-Fi. I stumbled on this by accident, but I think you have to manually change it to Hi-Fi in the settings. Of course, I would consider myself an audiophile, so it's difficult to tell if it sounds better BUT I THINK it sounds better.

For this one, did you go into Settings->Applications->Tidal and change the setting to Hi-Fi. I stumbled on this by accident, but I think you have to manually change it to Hi-Fi in the settings. Of course, I would consider myself an audiophile, so it's difficult to tell if it sounds better BUT I THINK it sounds better.
I have the Hi Fi Plus account. I will check in the car tomorrow to make sure it does indicate that in Settings.

I have the Hi Fi Plus account. I will check in the car tomorrow to make sure it does indicate that in Settings.
Maybe I’m deaf but can’t really tell the difference. I question if atmos songs are just normal songs ran through a convertor. Atmos is clear but I though it was more about moving audio as well

Maybe I’m deaf but can’t really tell the difference. I question if atmos songs are just normal songs ran through a convertor. Atmos is clear but I though it was more about moving audio as well
I'm not an expert but many of the choices on Tidal are old recordings that have been remastered to a Dolby Atmos effect whereas there are new releases that appear to have been originally recorded in Dolby Atmos. Those newer recordings (recent releases) do seem to have a better sound quality.

@SaratogaLefty , could you please elaborate? Was it just entering your Alexa login credentials again?

Also, is that steering creak common? I think I have something similar. Have they been able to fix this for other customers?

Thanks.
I have a mobile service tech coming tomorrow morning for an unrelated issue but he said he can ‘easily’ fix the steering wheel creak. Will report back.

@SaratogaLefty , could you please elaborate? Was it just entering your Alexa login credentials again?

Also, is that steering creak common? I think I have something similar. Have they been able to fix this for other customers?

Thanks.
Same here. An annoying creak. Although I (and my service tech) can’t quite tell whether it is the steering column or the drivers seat. I think it’s both. I can make them go away by adjusting the steering wheel and moving the seat around.

I changed the setting to HiFi and it did seem to make a difference. Listen to Within you without you in the Beatles Dolby Atmos playlist if you want to hear the music bounce around the car. Unfortunately I still seem to have difficulty in poor cell phone signals with songs stopping midstream.

Thanks.
I have what appears to be a “clicking” sound from the steering wheel. It seems to appear when the car has been sitting outside and the cabin temp increases, doesn’t happen when my car sits over night in my garage and I drive in the morning. I would assume some plastic is expanding and rubbing, mine is going to be looked at when they replace my cantrails.

Thanks.
The process I used for the Alexa reset as told to me by TinTin: 1) Lucid Settings -> Apps-> Alexa 2) It provides you with a QR code which you can scan on your phone and then enter the requested code and login. I reestablishes the connection.

Regarding the "creak" I also wasn't sure if it was coming from the steering wheel or the seat so I will try moving adjusting each separately and see if the creak goes away.

The creak is the steering wheel. I bet it was part of that extended PDI. It cannot be fixed by mobile service because they take your steering wheel apart.

Something strange I've noticed since updating to 1.2.6. Used to be as soon as I entered the garage from the house with either my iphone or my fob, the car almost immediately unlocked every time even though I was 30 feet or more away from it and often didn't want it to wake up. Since the update it doesn't unlock until I am right next to the car and even then it seems to hesitate for a couple of seconds. I have to admit I did complain in the past about the car "waking up" every time I went into the garage but now the difference is really noticeable. Maybe I should do a turn signal reset??

Since the update it doesn't unlock until I am right next to the car and even then it seems to hesitate for a couple of seconds.
That sounds great to me... not everyone has a private garage, even better would be if there was a user setting that made the car require an active "unlock" user generated order or placing the phone/fob within a "few" inches of the door pillar in order to unlock...

Back