1.2.6 OTA Out

So is 1.2.6 universally available now? Also is that owner who allowed themselves to be quoted regarding the car not working for a couple of hours the only one we know of habing an issue of not being able to operate the Car.

seems like with 1.2.6 the music playback is better when you stop the car and get back in later? Anyone else notice this?
Much better payback!

Heading into the Tidal application settings to flip on Hi-Fi as others recommended I noticed that it shows the option to allow for continuous playback based off last song. I had not gone into that area on 1.2.1 so not sure if it’s new. However, much better music experience overall, too.

So is 1.2.6 universally available now? Also is that owner who allowed themselves to be quoted regarding the car not working for a couple of hours the only one we know of habing an issue of not being able to operate the Car.
I don't have it. 😕

I have what appears to be a “clicking” sound from the steering wheel. It seems to appear when the car has been sitting outside and the cabin temp increases, doesn’t happen when my car sits over night in my garage and I drive in the morning. I would assume some plastic is expanding and rubbing, mine is going to be looked at when they replace my cantrails.
Why are they replacing your cantrails?

Why are they replacing your cantrails?
One provided a poor gap with the grand touring flag logo at the back, and I guess they are a single use item at this time, so they can’t fix the gap issue without replacing the whole cantrail. And the other they damaged while replacing my cracked rear windshield.

One provided a poor gap with the grand touring flag logo at the back, and I guess they are a single use item at this time, so they can’t fix the gap issue without replacing the whole cantrail. And the other they damaged while replacing my cracked rear windshield.
Oof! Glad they are fixing it though!

For this one, did you go into Settings->Applications->Tidal and change the setting to Hi-Fi. I stumbled on this by accident, but I think you have to manually change it to Hi-Fi in the settings. Of course, I would consider myself an audiophile, so it's difficult to tell if it sounds better BUT I THINK it sounds better.
Maverick,
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I would not have thought about that. Anyway I followed your instructions and lo and behold there are three settings (Normal, High, and Hi Fi) and mine was set to High. I moved it to Hi Fi and now the problem is gone and the sound is noticeably better even though it was great before. I just listened to Limelight by Rush and it sounded unbelievable.

Please look at this thread

Oof! Glad they are fixing it though!
It’s honestly not that bad, and is one of the reasons I’m very impressed with their service. The service manager wasn’t happy with the mark and called me personally to say that they were ordering the part to replace it and would also repair the gap issue on the other side at the same time. Here’s a photo of the damage.

Attachments

• AFB8A7DE-E046-4C5D-867D-BCCA2BF63FEB.jpeg
    AFB8A7DE-E046-4C5D-867D-BCCA2BF63FEB.jpeg
    533.5 KB · Views: 116
What caused you rear windshield to crack?

It’s honestly not that bad, and is one of the reasons I’m very impressed with their service. The service manager wasn’t happy with the mark and called me personally to say that they were ordering the part to replace it and would also repair the gap issue on the other side at the same time. Here’s a photo of the damage.
For an untrained eye like mine that gap is huge. I have called service about the gap in my trunk as well after I saw the other GT.

For an untrained eye like mine that gap is huge. I have called service about the gap in my trunk as well after I saw the other GT.
Funny enough, that wasn’t the gap I was referring to, that was the damage done to the cantrail. I have attached photos here showing the gap. The passenger side has clean, even gaps. Driver side, definitely doesn’t.

My car was delivered with a cracked rear windshield - I was made aware of it before taking delivery and given the option to have them hold onto it until they could get the part. At the time they said 3 weeks to 3 months, sooo I took delivery of it anyways and they picked it up when they got the part in (3 weeks on the money). Then the damage to the cantrail happened and I’m waiting on those parts to come in. Was also told they are very hard to get at the moment so it may be a while.

Attachments

• 161C71F3-6A44-4AB1-B8D2-8BDEE0EDF695.jpeg
    161C71F3-6A44-4AB1-B8D2-8BDEE0EDF695.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 130
  • CEF69D7D-F5DC-4DC8-A5BC-1F3866681D88.jpeg
    CEF69D7D-F5DC-4DC8-A5BC-1F3866681D88.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 126
I don’t have it either. How is OTA updating going to scale? If they take so many days to update perhaps 1,000 cars or so? What happens when they have 10,000 on the road? My guess for the slow rollout is that Lucid does not want to overwhelm their tech support lines if many updated simultaneously and ran into issues.

I don’t have it either. How is OTA updating going to scale? If they take so many days to update perhaps 1,000 cars or so? What happens when they have 10,000 on the road? My guess for the slow rollout is that Lucid does not want to overwhelm their tech support lines if many updated simultaneously and ran into issues.
They will increase the numbers in each batch as they scale.

I would have assumed everyone would have the update by now in a wide release. However, given at least one person had a major issue with a failed update, it's possible any other car identified to have similar firmware in its various components may have been flagged and removed until further investigation. This is, after all, the point of batching the update in the first place. Better safe than sorry. See if you can reproduce the failed update, and if so, patch it before sending it out again.

Back