1.2.6 OTA Out

Yeah the latest instruction is to walk away and log out of the phone App. but then the Key Fob is still in the car along with a card. They are in that RF Blocking case but who knows. Yeah I have only driven it 5 miles to this PPF Place yesterday.
So you have the fob and card in a faraday pouch and in the car. How did you lock it? Or did it autolock in that scenario?

Yeah the latest instruction is to walk away and log out of the phone App. but then the Key Fob is still in the car along with a card. They are in that RF Blocking case but who knows. Yeah I have only driven it 5 miles to this PPF Place yesterday.
Ok inside the case it won't work lol. So you are saying that, both fobs, both cards and your phone all don't work?

It would auto lock being in a faraday bag since the RFID is blocked.
Which is fine as long as the other key can unlock it. It seems for some reason the car has completely frozen and has no internet or blue tooth connection. I am sitting outside the facility for 20 minutes and have told them not to work on the PPF because the rep said don’t touch the car 🙃

Which is fine as long as the other key can unlock it. It seems for some reason the car has completely frozen and has no internet or blue tooth connection. I am sitting outside the facility for 20 minutes and have told them not to work on the PPF because the rep said don’t touch the car 🙃
I’m sorry man! I agree, the other key should work and I’m imagining you have tried all the unlock processes stated in the manual..

Ok inside the case it won't work lol. So you are saying that, both fobs, both cards and your phone all don't work?
I have one fob and one card and the phone with me outside and none of them can unlock it and service also could not send the car any commands or they did not work. They are supposedly escalating it but I called my delivery guy and he told me to not touch the car. Move away from it for 20 minutes and also log out of the phone app. So that is where we are right now.

I know it’s the PPF guys fault but hope it works and I don’t have to argue with him about occupying his space

It would auto lock being in a faraday bag since the RFID is blocked.
So one would think. But that doesn’t explain the fact that nothing else unlocks the car now. Unless the presence of the fob and card in the car are just coincidental and not related to the inability to unlock 🤷‍♂️

There is also something about placing the key on the center pillar I believe, I haven’t tried that one so I don’t know the exact procedure.
Yes, you can place the key fob on the center pillar, but below the camera. You also need to press the door handle while holding the key there to unlock. To lock there is no need to press the handle.

Yes, you can place the key fob on the center pillar, but below the camera. You also need to press the door handle while holding the key there to unlock. To lock there is no need to press the handle.
I wasn’t sure, that’s why I posted the manual photos and such, thanks!!

They tried everything and nothing worked so supposedly has been escalated to the Chief Engineer. WoW.

Another suggestion HAVE A Manual way to Open the door. Probably won’t help current owners.

So one would think. But that doesn’t explain the fact that nothing else unlocks the car now. Unless the presence of the fob and card in the car are just coincidental and not related to the inability to unlock 🤷‍♂️
I am betting that has nothing to do with it. How do you not have a manual fail safe. What if you get in an accident and you cannot open the door from inside. Would be worse 🥶. I hope they resolve it soon.

I am betting that has nothing to do with it. How do you not have a manual fail safe. What if you get in an accident and you cannot open the door from inside. Would be worse 🥶. I hope they resolve it soon.
You can always open the front doors from the inside, for that very reason. Pull harder on the triggers, and it will manually release the door.

Doesn't help you from the outside, of course.

Oh, unless you mean if you physically are unable to pull the triggers yourself? Yeah. I'm guessing the fire department would just break the glass at that point.

I know with the last few Audi's I owned it's impossible to lock the car with the key inside. When touching the sensor on the handle the doors simply just won't lock forcing you to figure out something is wrong. Lucid should do something similar, if key or card is detected in car you shouldn't be able to lock from the outside or the car shouldn't lock when walking away.

They tried everything and nothing worked so supposedly has been escalated to the Chief Engineer. WoW.

Another suggestion HAVE A Manual way to Open the door. Probably won’t help current owners.
I feel like if this is the case, then the 12V completely failed or was disconnected. Pretty sure the locks are all controlled by the 12V and there are 2 of them!

I know with the last few Audi's I owned it's impossible to lock the car with the key inside. When touching the sensor on the handle the doors simply just won't lock forcing you to figure out something is wrong. Lucid should do something similar, if key or card is detected in car you shouldn't be able to lock from the outside or the car shouldn't lock when walking away.
They do...except when you circumvent that by placing them inside a faraday pouch =P

I think the lucid does have this sort of fail safe because if the key fob is left in the car then you should be able to push the handle and open the car. But not if it’s in a faraday pouch apparently lol…

They didn’t open from the inside. But the fronts opened ok from the inside
even with the mechanical opener? eg the second step / threshold on the "door trigger"
THAT should be looked at. I had a door handle issue, and the mechanical opener worked fine even when the handle didnt

They do...except when you circumvent that by placing them inside a faraday pouch =P
Correct they were in the Farraday Pouch. However no excuse for it not to open using the second key fob or card. I understand the app may not work but FOB Absolutely should especially when they have no manual recourse.

even with the mechanical opener? eg the second step / threshold on the "door trigger"
THAT should be looked at. I had a door handle issue, and the mechanical opener worked fine even when the handle didnt
I pushed as hard as I could without trying to break the handle.
Someone told me the McLaren is similar but does have a mechanical pull under the car in cases like this to open manually

I pushed as hard as I could without trying to break the handle.
Someone told me the McLaren is similar but does have a mechanical pull under the car in cases like this to open manually
not the external handle. but all four internal triggers have a second stage which triggers the mechanical unlock.
I've used this on the rear doors

Back