1.2.6 OTA Out

I have to say that the multiple charges we’ve done on this trip have gone well (the trapped charging cable was a car error, not EA). However, we did have to switch slots a couple of times because of an individual charging tower not working.

However, I still find that it lags behind the Tesla Supercharger network on a couple of scores. First, Tesla Superchargers are now so common that most people can hit the road without any forward planning for charging stops. Second, Tesla Superchargers are usually located in areas with several eating venues close by.

EA will probably rival Tesla in the number of superchargers before long and, although it’s taking a while, they’ll probably address the frequent equipment failures.

However, I’ve been surprised at the number of EA chargers that are at the outlying areas of huge WalMart and Sam’s Club parking lots with no nearby venues for taking a bathroom break or getting a bite to eat. (While you might hike over to the WalMart entrance, non Sam’s Club members are out of luck.) It seems a waste of time to have to do that business before or after charging instead of while charging. And, once a charger is installed in such a location, that’s probably going to remain the case as long as it’s in use.

And, of course, the biggest bugaboo I have about all EV charging stations of any brand is how few of them have any weather protection, Grappling with a stuck cable or a balky login in a pounding rain or sweltering heat is a real bummer. Try trying to stretch a short, thick EA cable to reach your charge port with one hand while holding an umbrella in high wind in the other. It’ll make you pine for a gas pump.
I replied on a different thread, but according to EA, the lack of canopies is at the request of the merchant who's land they are using for installing the charging stations. I'm in contact with EA to get a station installed on our property and this is what the rep told me regarding canopies. I'll relay more details when they have the site plans ready and we can see how much of a difference the canopy makes for land usage.

I replied on a different thread, but according to EA, the lack of canopies is at the request of the merchant who's land they are using for installing the charging stations. I'm in contact with EA to get a station installed on our property and this is what the rep told me regarding canopies. I'll relay more details when they have the site plans ready and we can see how much of a difference the canopy makes for land usage.
I guess it depends on the location, but I sure could have used a canopy when trying out an EA station here in AZ. My feet literally felt that they were burned and I had blisters from the pavement heat - turns out my feet were OK, but I limped all the way to the restroom while my car charged.

That’s interesting. I know some Tesla Supercharger stations have canopies, but Tesla might have bought the land.

Maybe merchants are worried that non-EV customers will try to park in a covered parking spot, thereby creating conflicts that’ll land on their doorsteps? Given what I‘ve seen of human behavior, it could well be a problem.

This is the kind of stuff that makes one reconsider if buying a Lucid is really a good idea. I loved my test drive and the way the car performed, but to go out to the garage and be greeted by this would be deeply frustrating and concerning. Software shortcomings are one thing, failure to the point where you have to crawl in through the trunk and can't drive the car are another matter. Is this car, or this Company, really ready to sell in great quantities?
Honestly, and I am not trying to be confrontational in any way, shape, or form here, you should probably not buy this car. It sounds like your expectations and more in line with something that is less cutting edge. There are many vehicles out there with software that it is already more mature and therefore bugs have been ironed out. Any computer system requires continual upgrades and improvements, from your iPhone, to your laptop, to your car. My Jaguar I Pace has 10 times the frustrations than have been posted here, but I still love it and enjoy driving it every day. The first few years of buying a car from a brand-new company will involve a certain amount of beta testing by owners. Keep that in mind when you make your final decision on what car to buy. All the best!

I guess it depends on the location, but I sure could have used a canopy when trying out an EA station here in AZ. My feet literally felt that they were burned and I had blisters from the pavement heat - turns out my feet were OK, but I limped all the way to the restroom while my car charged.

We had to charge in 100+ degree heat several times in the Carolinas, and on one stretch of road the car was showing 108 degrees. This kind of weather in that region in June is very worrying.

The interesting thing is that the glass canopy of the car never caused any discomfort, even when parked in bright sunshine in 103-degree heat. But stepping out of the car onto the tarmac . . . .yowza.

I replied on a different thread, but according to EA, the lack of canopies is at the request of the merchant who's land they are using for installing the charging stations.
I was the one asking about roofing in that thread, and all this time I was worried about being too wimpy. Now that other folks have chimed in, I'd suspect that the much bigger Tesla crowd must have spoken up, but apparently without much result, for whatever reasons, land-related or not. Or maybe the Tesla crowd are just tougher and can weather no canopy :).

I was the one asking about roofing in that thread, and all this time I was worried about being too wimpy. Now that other folks have chimed in, I'd suspect that the much bigger Tesla crowd must have spoken up, but apparently without much result, for whatever reasons, land-related or not. Or maybe the Tesla crowd are just tougher and can weather no canopy :).
The Tesla chargers are easier to access and use - especially the connector. They also have one charger per parking space. The problem I have with the EA chargers is determining which ones are high power and which position to use. I've had to resort to using a charger on an adjacent parking position because its cable reached easier to the car. I need to spend some time just looking at the chargers to determine what the best way to approach is. The ones I've seen have two chargers adjacent to the parking spot, with two cables per charger.

The Tesla chargers are easier to access and use - especially the connector. They also have one charger per parking space. The problem I have with the EA chargers is determining which ones are high power and which position to use. I've had to resort to using a charger on an adjacent parking position because its cable reached easier to the car. I need to spend some time just looking at the chargers to determine what the best way to approach is. The ones I've seen have two chargers adjacent to the parking spot, with two cables per charger.
Yea, it makes it easier because all Superchargers are designed the same because all Tesla plugs are in the same spot. EA stations have 3 different setups....and all the cars have plugs all over!

After initial notification that 1.2.6 was ready to download, I waited a couple of hours before proceeding. At that point, no indication either on the car's settings or my iPhone app that 1.2.6 existed. Numerous calls with Customer Service, who was trying to push the download out to my car and thought they had done so, and still no indication on the car's settings or my app that 1.2.6 exists (car's settings references1.2.1 and says the car is up to date). The Lucid folks have been very responsive and great to deal with, but the bottom line seems to be they don't know why I have no indication of 1.2.6 and, thus, have nothing to download. They will try again today. Ah, the joy of being an early adopter!

After initial notification that 1.2.6 was ready to download, I waited a couple of hours before proceeding. At that point, no indication either on the car's settings or my iPhone app that 1.2.6 existed. Numerous calls with Customer Service, who was trying to push the download out to my car and thought they had done so, and still no indication on the car's settings or my app that 1.2.6 exists (car's settings references1.2.1 and says the car is up to date). The Lucid folks have been very responsive and great to deal with, but the bottom line seems to be they don't know why I have no indication of 1.2.6 and, thus, have nothing to download. They will try again today. Ah, the joy of being an early adopter!
I still haven’t even received the notification to update 🤷‍♂️

Locked keyfob and card in car Now the phone or other key card won’t open the car. Going to try other FOB. Support says lost internet connection in PPF SHOP. Also Bluetooth not connected on phone. Anyone have this issue and resolution

Locked keyfob and card in car Now the phone or other key card won’t open the car. Going to try other FOB. Support says lost internet connection in PPF SHOP. Also Bluetooth not connected on phone
How did you manage that? Also, just try pressing the door handle in. With the keyfob in car, it should open...I think

Locked keyfob and card in car Now the phone or other key card won’t open the car. Going to try other FOB. Support says lost internet connection in PPF SHOP. Also Bluetooth not connected on phone. Anyone have this issue and resolution
Certainly never locked my stuff in the car. As @hydbob said, a hard press on the handle should open the door. The last 2 days my FOB hasn’t worked at all, I thought it was the car since I never got a low battery warning. Grabbed my other FOB this morning after it wouldn’t open in the garage and it worked. Car is headed for tint in an hour so I feel your pain, I was a bit nervous but try the other FOB if the door handle doesn’t work.

Certainly never locked my stuff in the car. As @hydbob said, a hard press on the handle should open the door. The last 2 days my FOB hasn’t worked at all, I thought it was the car since I never got a low battery warning. Grabbed my other FOB this morning after it wouldn’t open in the garage and it worked. Car is headed for tint in an hour so I feel your pain, I was a bit nervous but try the other FOB if the door handle doesn’t work.
My battery has 400 miles and the hard push did not work. I have phone and the other fob which did not work and neither did the card. Service is useless too 😀

My battery has 400 miles and the hard push did not work. I have phone and the other fob which did not work and neither did the card. Service is useless too 😀
Damn, stupid question. Have they let it power cycle? I was told to walk away from the car for 15 min, normally you have the key with you when you go, but if the car is locked, maybe it will still cycle?
My battery only has 1400 miles on it and others failed sooner, but I definitely hear what you’re saying.
There is also something about placing the key on the center pillar I believe, I haven’t tried that one so I don’t know the exact procedure. Sorry for the inconvenience, definitely not the best intro to the car!

Attachments

• 5699FFF5-3F82-47E6-90B9-3D9F013E9B6D.png
    5699FFF5-3F82-47E6-90B9-3D9F013E9B6D.png
    400.3 KB · Views: 106
  • F3178754-83C4-4D8A-B871-6C8629319B2C.png
    F3178754-83C4-4D8A-B871-6C8629319B2C.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
  • F5D315D1-808D-47B7-B55B-0F41B9DD4BF2.png
    F5D315D1-808D-47B7-B55B-0F41B9DD4BF2.png
    723 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Damn, stupid question. Have they let it power cycle? I was told to walk away from the car for 15 min, normally you have the key with you when you go, but if the car is locked, maybe it will still cycle?
My battery only has 1400 miles on it and others failed sooner, but I definitely hear what you’re saying.
There is also something about placing the key on the center pillar I believe, I haven’t tried that one so I don’t know the exact procedure. Sorry for the inconvenience, definitely not the best intro to the car!
Yeah the latest instruction is to walk away and log out of the phone App. but then the Key Fob is still in the car along with a card. They are in that RF Blocking case but who knows. Yeah I have only driven it 5 miles to this PPF Place yesterday.

Back