Cars
Grand Touring
Ordered: 3/06/2023
Confirmed: 3/06/2023
VIN and Ready for Delivery: 3/09/2023
Cancelled VIN and Ready for Delivery: 3/10/2023
VIN and In Production: 3/22/2023
Cancelled: VIN and In Production: 3/27/2023

This is the second time I've had a VIN that suddenly went away. And there was no communication from Lucid or from my DA. The first I was at least warned about. [They couldn't lease me a 2022.] This time, I've no idea.

In good news, I talked with someone in the finance department at Lucid rather than at B of A. He was able to actually give me numbers for 36months vs 48 months, and 10k/year, 12k/year, 15k/year. And while my DA told me "It's BofA's rules that they won't lease a 2022", this guy was quite willing to say: "It's our rules, completely."

The purchasing process has significantly evolved since last April when we had our GT delivered. The site did not show the level of detail you see now with orders and their status. The SA may be unaware of that change in status if it’s automated or from the factory. Worth a text to them. In my experience, they are very responsive. Even late at night.

The purchasing process has significantly evolved since last April when we had our GT delivered. The site did not show the level of detail you see now with orders and their status. The SA may be unaware of that change in status if it’s automated or from the factory. Worth a text to them. In my experience, they are very responsive. Even late at night.
My DA has been completely non-responsive the whole purchase process. I’ll see if the SA knows anything.

In any case, very frustrating.

Do you mind sharing the lease numbers they gave you?

Do you mind sharing the lease numbers they gave you?

For a lease of ~$150k with $5k down.
Values are miles/year followed by monthly payment

3 years: 10k: $2771, 12k: $2810, 15k: $2870
4 years: 10k: $2560, 12k: $2595, 15k: $2650

These numbers, I suspect, are highly dependent on the interest rate (which he wouldn't tell me).

Ordered: 3/06/2023
Confirmed: 3/06/2023
VIN and Ready for Delivery: 3/09/2023
Cancelled VIN and Ready for Delivery: 3/10/2023
VIN and In Production: 3/22/2023
Cancelled: VIN and In Production: 3/27/2023

Follow up. Got an email from my delivery advisor. Apparently the computer that assigns vehicles to orders doesn't know that 2022 vehicles can't be leased. The computer saw that it had a perfectly good car on the lot (the same one assigned to me in 3/09!) and cancelled my "in production". My DA then had to cancel that and start over.

I called the Lucid loan guy that I mentioned above and said: "I don't know why you don't loan 2022 cars. I'll gladly take the car that's been offered to me *twice* for the same terms that you're offering the 2023." He said that it was just impossible. But. . . .

If I wanted the same color but a different interior (Tahoe instead of Mojave) or a different exterior (Grey instead of Red), I could pick up the car by the end of the month. This month? As in March? Yeah, the cars are already in Millbrae, and it seems they want to close sales by the end of the quarter. I might be picking it up on Thursday.

I'm supposed to drive down to Manhattan Beach on Friday. I was planning on giving my Tesla one last road trip, but maybe it'll be a first trip for my Lucid. We'll see.

Back