Would the Cali bear placement bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uscnamja781

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
DA7CB2E8-B3EA-4918-8A92-1A0AF967100B.jpeg
495983D5-2141-4982-9AE8-759AE05AE04D.jpeg

Took delivery on Air touring, which I plan to write a full review on delivery experience and car (love it!). So the DA and assistant (two people one on each side) ended up putting in Cali Bear on the sides. And I noticed One side is one inch above the other sticker. Maybe I am OCD ? Idk but I ask the DA for extra sticker so I place it on same alignment as other side. Anyone else be bothered by this??

The thing is, Lucid isn’t the only company that is proud of its California provenance; to this day, Apple still has most of their products say “Designed in California.”

While the cars are built in Arizona, that is because space and labor in CA are, frankly, more expensive. But to say AZ is where the cash flow and assets are generated is a bit of a stretch; without the team in CA there would be nothing to build.

It’s not a competition, but a company is allowed to be proud of where they’re from, particularly when there used to be two major EV manufacturers HQ’d in CA and now there is only one.
RELIEF! Thank you ... that helps! ha...

RELIEF! Thank you ... that helps! ha...
No dude, I get it. I like the look, hated the directions, and a few seconds with Peter suddenly calmed my OCD because even if it's a BS reason, at least there is a reason haha

Perhaps, just perhaps, 2 people were applying the decals on the at the same time.
That makes the most sense but even then, the template is built into the paper used to apply the decal.

Drivers side is forward. Passenger side is backward.

Attachments

• IMG_2155.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2154.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2153.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2152.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 60
Drivers side is forward. Passenger side is backward.
I'm curious.... is the Sapphire Bear "decal" paint or a sticker with adhesive like the down trim version? I wonder if it's painted on since this "decal" seems part of the design and not considered an accessory. It looks painted on.

I'm curious.... is the Sapphire Bear "decal" paint or a sticker with adhesive like the down trim version? I wonder if it's painted on since this "decal" seems part of the design and not considered an accessory. It looks painted on.
A great question. This is on my list when we get ready to purchase one. If it is painted... I would not buy the car. I hate the decals that much. Maybe just the driver side I could stomach it, but the current design is a no go.

Even if the bears were not optional, I would need them to face forward on both sides. Everyone not from California will immediately go: "Why is your bear backwards?".

A great question. This is on my list when we get ready to purchase one. If it is painted... I would not buy the car. I hate the decals that much. Maybe just the driver side I could stomach it, but the current design is a no go.

Even if the bears were not optional, I would need them to face forward on both sides. Everyone not from California will immediately go: "Why is your bear backwards?".
Pretty sure for 250k you could request it not be painted on, if it is 🤣

First off: I wouldn’t put the bears on my car. Not my thing.

But the bear is a logo. And logos don’t get flipped. Period.

If they put the bear on the front and back of the car, the bear would face left on both. It wouldn’t always face the driver side or passenger side.

If Lucid had written the word mark “LUCID” on the side of the car, they wouldn’t write it backwards on one side so that the “L” is always at the back and the D towards the front.

If you put an Apple logo sticker on the side of the car, the bite out of the Apple wouldn’t always “face forward” whatever that means. It would be on the right side as you look at it on both sides.

You don’t flip logos. End of story.

It is a stick on single line. Would be easy to remove.

The only possible exception to the flipping I can think of is the Nike Swoosh. They flip that on the sneakers themselves. But they can do whatever they want with the swoosh, because it’s one of the top 5 logos ever created, and it’s immediately recognizable in either orientation.

If they put the bear on the front and back of the car, the bear would face left on both. It wouldn’t always face the driver side or passenger side.

If Lucid had written the word mark “LUCID” on the side of the car, they wouldn’t write it backwards on one side so that the “L” is always at the back and the D towards the front.

If you put an Apple logo sticker on the side of the car, the bite out of the Apple wouldn’t always “face forward” whatever that means. It would be on the right side as you look at it on both sides.

I would not consider the Bear a logo for Lucid or Mustang a Ford logo.

I think Ford got it right.

IMG_0318.jpeg
IMG_0317.jpeg

Attachments

• 0U3A1465-Edit-79005-scaled.jpeg
    0U3A1465-Edit-79005-scaled.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 0U3A1477-Edit-78723-scaled.jpeg
    0U3A1477-Edit-78723-scaled.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 42
I would not consider the Bear a logo for Lucid or Mustang a Ford logo.

I think Ford got it right.

View attachment 15913View attachment 15914
Thats a great analogy actually, the mustang to ford like the bear is to sapphire?(also corvette) But then it makes no sense that it can be on other cars like pures and GTs.

I would love if there was an option to keep the lucid logo on the rear and an engraved logo with depth on the metal bar. I'd gladly pay extra for it.

I know you are an apple fan, so you should know the story behind this..
1698326832363.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back