• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Would the Cali bear placement bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uscnamja781

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
DA7CB2E8-B3EA-4918-8A92-1A0AF967100B.jpeg
495983D5-2141-4982-9AE8-759AE05AE04D.jpeg

Took delivery on Air touring, which I plan to write a full review on delivery experience and car (love it!). So the DA and assistant (two people one on each side) ended up putting in Cali Bear on the sides. And I noticed One side is one inch above the other sticker. Maybe I am OCD ? Idk but I ask the DA for extra sticker so I place it on same alignment as other side. Anyone else be bothered by this??

I've been trying to figure out why this California bear thing rubs me the wrong way. I think it comes down to my time in NBC's entertainment division on the west coast where I used to enjoy hanging around with the "show runner" crowd.

I noticed that the beginning of the end for a TV comedy series manifested in a certain phenomenon. Most of those shows included at least one or two very colorful characters that were initially used to add a touch of piquancy to the story lines. But as the shows began to run out of creative juice, the writers turned more and more to those excessively colorful characters for whom the jokes came cheaper and easier than writing to more nuanced characters.

I get this same vibe from Lucid marketing. They seem to have run out of new things to say about Lucid's technology, power, handling, design ethos, range, comfort -- all the things that make Lucid such a remarkable automobile. Instead, they're just slapping more bears on the car, taking an initial cutesy idea and now driving it into the ground.

The Lucid Air is much more and better than place names and decals.

I mean, I get it but at the same time, it's an optional decal, so I'm not sure I understand what all the fuss is about.

I mean, I get it but at the same time, it's an optional decal, so I'm not sure I understand what all the fuss is about.

Good point. I think I'll just get off this thread. I'm not even sure I really know why this became such a burr under my saddle.

Good point. I think I'll just get off this thread. I'm not even sure I really know why this became such a burr under my saddle.

It’s been an entertaining read in the meantime.

I’m poised to put the stickers on my rear quarter windows, following someone else’s example on this thread. But I’m noticing I haven’t done it yet.

It’s been an entertaining read in the meantime.

I’m poised to put the stickers on my rear quarter windows, following someone else’s example on this thread. But I’m noticing I haven’t done it yet.
So are you secretly judging me for having them on my car? 🥺

So are you secretly judging me for having them on my car? 🥺

Oh, wait. Was it your idea originally to put them on the quarter windows? I saw them placed like that in @SDHacker’s post.

Not judging at all. Truthfully I’m nervous about applying the decals myself and screwing it up. I think I’m going to wait until our local Mobile Tech’s next visit, whenever that will be, and have him apply them then.

Oh, wait. Was it your idea originally to put them on the quarter windows? I saw them placed like that in @SDHacker’s post.

Not judging at all. Truthfully I’m nervous about applying the decals myself and screwing it up. I think I’m going to wait until our local Mobile Tech’s next visit, whenever that will be, and have him apply them then.
Yea, told @SDHacker at the Carlsbad meetup to put them there instead. It's not as obvious of a placement?

I know that. But I still think this obsession about the California connection is a bit over the top. I lived in L.A. and love California. But I now live in a part of the country where a California connection is anything but a recommendation to many. I’m getting tired of businesses telegraphing what I think are intentionally-loaded signals into their marketing. I’ve actually walked out of a restaurant with a “Donald Burger” and a “DeSantis Salad” on the menu and a produce market with posters of Roger Stone and Michael Flynn on the walls. I’m just tired of all of it from either end of the spectrum. And Lucid is running this California heritage shtick into the ground.
Yes--agree...looks like a cloying level of political posturing ("Hey, we're a CA company!'), when "all" of the assets and cashflow are generated in AZ. Likely some PR tack to appear to be lining up behind Newsome's All Ev goals...zzzzzz

The whole Bear thing seems creepy--Didn't adhere one here---(in Illinois)..

Yes--agree...looks like a cloying level of political posturing ("Hey, we're a CA company!'), when "all" of the assets and cashflow are generated in AZ. Likely some PR tack to appear to be lining up behind Newsome's All Ev goals...zzzzzz

The whole Bear thing seems creepy--Didn't adhere one here---(in Illinois)..
Bear decals to politics, I don't like either one but I am happy to discuss the decals and not politics. Please not more politics.

Yea, told @SDHacker at the Carlsbad meetup to put them there instead. It's not as obvious of a placement?

Not immediately obvious to someone like me. That’s because I don’t have a single imaginative bone in my body. However I do recognise a great idea when I see one; in this case, using the rear quarter windows to sport those stickers.

Bear decals to politics, I don't like either one but I am happy to discuss the decals and not politics. Please not more politics.
Comes with the territory ---do you suggest L management is (or should be) ignorant of political influences?

I think not/hope not...they have a rocky road ahead and can use all the gov't largesse they can muster

I don’t think the bear is going to stand the test of time like some of the iconic car logos. For that reason, I’m going to pass.

1681357336458.jpeg

I don’t think the bear is going to stand the test of time like some of the iconic car logos. For that reason, I’m going to pass.

View attachment 11393
I needed that logo sheet and was at one point seriously considering making decals like this.
B9B685F1-E8AB-4267-B994-B03DED60AFA2.jpeg

In the end, they’re just stickers. You do you. No stickers for me, but if there were…they’d definitely need to be straight! I’m rather CDO (OCD, the way it SHOULD be spelled).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back