Would the Cali bear placement bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uscnamja781

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
DA7CB2E8-B3EA-4918-8A92-1A0AF967100B.jpeg
495983D5-2141-4982-9AE8-759AE05AE04D.jpeg

Took delivery on Air touring, which I plan to write a full review on delivery experience and car (love it!). So the DA and assistant (two people one on each side) ended up putting in Cali Bear on the sides. And I noticed One side is one inch above the other sticker. Maybe I am OCD ? Idk but I ask the DA for extra sticker so I place it on same alignment as other side. Anyone else be bothered by this??

I know you are an apple fan, so you should know the story behind this..
View attachment 15917
Love it.

Ford has trademark for Mustang.

Lucid describes the bear this way.

“The headrest showcases a debossed Lucid bear logomark, one of the icons of the Lucid brand identity reflecting the California origins of the brand. ”

I like my bear decals and they are uniformly placed. It is a pity that Lucid did not make them in sets with a left and right front-facing bear. To me, it is a very distinctive addition and statement.

View attachment 11275View attachment 11276
Took delivery on Air touring, which I plan to write a full review on delivery experience and car (love it!). So the DA and assistant (two people one on each side) ended up putting in Cali Bear on the sides. And I noticed One side is one inch above the other sticker. Maybe I am OCD ? Idk but I ask the DA for extra sticker so I place it on same alignment as other side. Anyone else be bothered by this??
I would have them fix it!

I know you are an apple fan, so you should know the story behind this..
View attachment 15917
I actually think Steve was right about that. The logo should face up when you are looking at it closed.

But again, the point is that logo placement matters. On a laptop, it’s going to be upside down sometimes no matter what. So you pick one and move on. You don’t flip the logo horizontally.

I actually think Steve was right about that. The logo should face up when you are looking at it closed.

But again, the point is that logo placement matters. On a laptop, it’s going to be upside down sometimes no matter what. So you pick one and move on. You don’t flip the logo horizontally.
Steve made both decisions and there are far more MacBooks with logo right side up when open.

Ford Mustang is a compare for auto industry. There are plenty of others.

We are clearly in an area of opinion not fact.

My opinion is the Apple logo is correct right side up when open and Ford and Eagles got it right with an Animal logo always pointing forward.

IMG_0321.gif

I would not consider the Bear a logo for Lucid or Mustang a Ford logo.

I think Ford got it right.

View attachment 15913View attachment 15914
You'll note in the case of the mustang that they didn't simply "flip the horse" on the front of the car for the sides. They created an entirely new mark, with the word, the vertical bars, etc. and then created a left and right version.
Lucid could have gone in that direction with a separate mark. But the stickers were more of a late edition, as the car had already shipped.

If you asked anyone to draw the "Mustang Logo" from memory, the one thing they'd all get right is that the horse is in a box, and it faces left. Almost no one would draw the version with the vertical bars that are featured on the side of this model.

I will not be surprised if some future model from Lucid just has the bear as a badge on the front hood and back. When the Air was designed, they only had the word mark, so they went with that. (The bear would probably look wrong as a badge on the Air in its current form, anyway.

Steve made both decisions and there are far more MacBooks with logo right side up when open.

My opinion is the Apple logo is correct right side up when open and Ford and Eagles got it right with an Animal logo always pointing forward.

View attachment 15921
I mean, I have a new macbook air and for some reason I always find myself flipping up the wrong side of the laptop(it doesnt lift, obviously). I have never had this problem with any other laptop, maybe just the macbooks wedge shape and the prominent logo?(my galaxy book has a subtle samsung logo compared to the apple one)

You'll note in the case of the mustang that they didn't simply "flip the horse" on the front of the car for the sides. They created an entirely new mark, with the word, the vertical bars, etc. and then created a left and right version.
Lucid could have gone in that direction with a separate mark. But the stickers were more of a late edition, as the car had already shipped.

If you asked anyone to draw the "Mustang Logo" from memory, the one thing they'd all get right is that the horse is in a box, and it faces left. Almost no one would draw the version with the vertical bars that are featured on the side of this model.

I will not be surprised if some future model from Lucid just has the bear as a badge on the front hood and back. When the Air was designed, they only had the word mark, so they went with that. (The bear would probably look wrong as a badge on the Air in its current form, anyway.
I think bear etched on front, rear stays lucid is the way to go! But at this point, we need more brand recognition, not less.(or should I say less confusion?)

View attachment 15921
I don't know what that monstrosity is, but it's not an Eagles helmet. The Eagles helmet has wings on either side.

Well, sure. Now. Because they made the call and stuck with it. And they sell way more MacBooks now than they did in the early 2000s.

Either way, it's literally impossible to not have the logo be upside down sometimes. So they went with the version where the logo was right side up to the outsider while using it. I thought the version where it confused the actual owner of the laptop less was the better call, but I'm sure the marketing department prefers the current orientation, too.

This isn't the case on the side of a car. The logo doesn't move, so there's no fear it'll be upside down or backwards sometimes.

Agreed we are in the realm of opinion here. But the old graphic designer in me leans toward the pure interpretation of branding.

I still think if they want to do the whole "animal faces forward" thing, they would need to design an alternate mark that is designed to be flipped that way. The current bear, as it stands, is becoming a primary branding element for Lucid, and thus should remain intact.

Like I said at the beginning of this rant, I don't like the bear on the sides at all. I find it kills the clean lines of the car, and it clearly wasn't the original intention of the design team. It will forever look like what it is—a sticker on the side of your $100k+ luxury sedan.

As a Cowboy fan I couldn’t resist. Real examples would be Buffalo Bills, Seahawks, or Patriots.
Well, the Cowboys were smart and designed a logo that's symmetrical. So they never have to worry about this problem. See also: Adidas.

Well, sure. Now. Because they made the call and stuck with it. And they sell way more MacBooks now than they did in the early 2000s.

Either way, it's literally impossible to not have the logo be upside down sometimes. So they went with the version where the logo was right side up to the outsider while using it. I thought the version where it confused the actual owner of the laptop less was the better call, but I'm sure the marketing department prefers the current orientation, too.

This isn't the case on the side of a car. The logo doesn't move, so there's no fear it'll be upside down or backwards sometimes.

Agreed we are in the realm of opinion here. But the old graphic designer in me leans toward the pure interpretation of branding.

I still think if they want to do the whole "animal faces forward" thing, they would need to design an alternate mark that is designed to be flipped that way. The current bear, as it stands, is becoming a primary branding element for Lucid, and thus should remain intact.

Like I said at the beginning of this rant, I don't like the bear on the sides at all. I find it kills the clean lines of the car, and it clearly wasn't the original intention of the design team. It will forever look like what it is—a sticker on the side of your $100k+ luxury sedan.
I’m not a big fan of the Bear stickers either. Ferrari or Porsche the crest the horse is always the same. Plenty of examples both ways.

I told informed that the bear was taken from the bear on the California's state flag. It always looks to the left.
And here we go again.
Politics being thrown into a very balanced (till now) forum.
Yours (and others) political affiliation shown, who gives a shit about, try to keep it to yourself.
Again and again, half of the country has a different view.

In HA mode, does the Lucid do it on purpose to bounce between the lines from the left to the right and from the right to the left?
If so, that would be a great inside joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back