Would the Cali bear placement bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uscnamja781

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
DA7CB2E8-B3EA-4918-8A92-1A0AF967100B.jpeg
495983D5-2141-4982-9AE8-759AE05AE04D.jpeg

Took delivery on Air touring, which I plan to write a full review on delivery experience and car (love it!). So the DA and assistant (two people one on each side) ended up putting in Cali Bear on the sides. And I noticed One side is one inch above the other sticker. Maybe I am OCD ? Idk but I ask the DA for extra sticker so I place it on same alignment as other side. Anyone else be bothered by this??

View attachment 11275View attachment 11276
Took delivery on Air touring, which I plan to write a full review on delivery experience and car (love it!). So the DA and assistant (two people one on each side) ended up putting in Cali Bear on the sides. And I noticed One side is one inch above the other sticker. Maybe I am OCD ? Idk but I ask the DA for extra sticker so I place it on same alignment as other side. Anyone else be bothered by this??
Yes.

You can probably get the decals off by heating them with a blow dryer and gently lifting an edge.

Did they put these on without consulting you? I've seen them on the Sapphire prototypes but didn't know they were putting them on other trim levels. (But if they are, they need to invest in a jig or template to put them on level and at consistent height. Jeez.)

I've sometimes wondered whether putting bear easter eggs all over the Air interior has something to do with the bad blood between Rawlinson and Musk and is Rawlinson's way of slamming against Musk's increasing trashing of all things California. Sort of an "engineer-a-better-car-than-Tesla-and-remind-everybody-it-was-done-in-California" thing? That suspicion got reinforced when I saw these decals show up on the Sapphire -- the car that is going to take the flagship Plaid down more than a notch or two.

Take 'em off!

Such a clean and beautifully-melded retro/modernist design doesn't benefit by such decals.

And they didn't even bother to make a left and right version, so the bear faces a different way on each side. He seems to be backing up on one right side, which is decidedly weird.

Not only are they at different heights, but the one in the first pic looks a smidge crooked. I have not put them on my car but am asked if I want them at every event. Don’t really see the appeal.

Take 'em off!

Such a clean and beautifully-melded retro/modernist design doesn't benefit by such decals.

And they didn't even bother to make a left and right version, so the bear faces a different way on each side. He seems to be backing up on one right side, which is decidedly weird.
Holy cow, did they really not make a left and right version on all cars, or just this one?

Holy cow, did they really not make a left and right version on all cars, or just this one?
It has always been that way. The direction they were pointing has been mentioned since day 1.

It has always been that way. The direction they were pointing has been mentioned since day 1.
Clearly I’m not up to date in sticker-gate. To be clear, they don’t make a proper right sticker? If that’s the case, I would just put one on the left. Is that what most people are doing?

Clearly I’m not up to date in sticker-gate. To be clear, they don’t make a proper right sticker? If that’s the case, I would just put one on the left. Is that what most people are doing?
The bear always faces left, like the one on the CA flag.

I thought they looked tacky when I first saw them in a photo, but liked them in person and had them put on my car. They'll peel right off when it's time.

View attachment 11275View attachment 11276
Yes such misalignment would irritate the hell out of me. I would remove these decal or have a service center replace them and properly apply them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back