Would the Cali bear placement bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uscnamja781

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
DA7CB2E8-B3EA-4918-8A92-1A0AF967100B.jpeg
495983D5-2141-4982-9AE8-759AE05AE04D.jpeg

Took delivery on Air touring, which I plan to write a full review on delivery experience and car (love it!). So the DA and assistant (two people one on each side) ended up putting in Cali Bear on the sides. And I noticed One side is one inch above the other sticker. Maybe I am OCD ? Idk but I ask the DA for extra sticker so I place it on same alignment as other side. Anyone else be bothered by this??

Yes--agree...looks like a cloying level of political posturing ("Hey, we're a CA company!'), when "all" of the assets and cashflow are generated in AZ. Likely some PR tack to appear to be lining up behind Newsome's All Ev goals...zzzzzz

The whole Bear thing seems creepy--Didn't adhere one here---(in Illinois)..
The thing is, Lucid isn’t the only company that is proud of its California provenance; to this day, Apple still has most of their products say “Designed in California.”

While the cars are built in Arizona, that is because space and labor in CA are, frankly, more expensive. But to say AZ is where the cash flow and assets are generated is a bit of a stretch; without the team in CA there would be nothing to build.

It’s not a competition, but a company is allowed to be proud of where they’re from, particularly when there used to be two major EV manufacturers HQ’d in CA and now there is only one.

The thing is, Lucid isn’t the only company that is proud of its California provenance; to this day, Apple still has most of their products say “Designed in California.”

While the cars are built in Arizona, that is because space and labor in CA are, frankly, more expensive. But to say AZ is where the cash flow and assets are generated is a bit of a stretch; without the team in CA there would be nothing to build.

It’s not a competition, but a company is allowed to be proud of where they’re from, particularly when there used to be two major EV manufacturers HQ’d in CA and now there is only one.
Rivian's HQ is based in Irvine, CA. Therefore, we have still have 2 EV manufacturers HQ'd in CA.

Rivian's HQ is based in Irvine, CA. Therefore, we have still have 2 EV manufacturers HQ'd in CA.
You’re right, I misspoke. Sorry about that. There are plenty of EV manufacturers HQ’d in CA. I was clearly only talking about Tesla leaving (the biggest one by far) and should have kept it at that.

I applied it myself. Super easy.

To the tune of the number in “My Fair Lady” - I’m the one who did it, who did it, who did it. I’m the one who did it, and indeed I did!

I got brave and decided to apply the darn bear myself. I think they look pretty flash myself. Thanks for the idea @hydbob and @SDHacker!

Attachments

• ACA8A6DF-15F9-49AB-9391-9911631D6FAE.jpeg
    ACA8A6DF-15F9-49AB-9391-9911631D6FAE.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 86
  • 0169F463-4112-431F-BFD6-BEB70EF98B35.jpeg
    0169F463-4112-431F-BFD6-BEB70EF98B35.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 89
The more I look at that bear, the more I think Lucid should make it their official badge. Doesn’t make sense for the air to have a centered badge like that, so I get why they went for the word mark instead. But for a future model? Just that bear in metal would look pretty nice.

I think it's important that Lucid has a non-text logo, even if it isn't used an official logo. Once Lucid starts selling in less english-speaking countries like markets in Asia etc, it's important that the brand is instantly recognisable just by a shape, just like Ferrari's prancing horse or Lambo's bull, especially since Lucid's priority now is brand awareness. To a person who cant speak or read english, its much easier to search "bear logo car company" than a bunch of letters they can't read. Either they have a non-text logo that complements the Lucid typeform logo, or they pull off a magic trick and somehow embed the Lucid logo in everybody's mind as a symbol of luxury electric cars.

In the end, it's just a bear logo.

The more I look at that bear, the more I think Lucid should make it their official badge. Doesn’t make sense for the air to have a centered badge like that, so I get why they went for the word mark instead. But for a future model? Just that bear in metal would look pretty nice.
I don’t know, when choosing a logo it’s probably a good idea to avoid using something that SNL uses to spoof the governor. It might be better to choose something less political, like a donkey or elephant.

I’m just kidding, the bear has actually grown on me and probably would make for a decent logo.

1682462812106.png

I resisted for over 7 months when service offered to place the decal...then one day I broke down and said put it on...I have a white touring and the decal has grown on me and also drew positive comments from those talking to me about the car and brand...I hadn't realized until this thread that the bears face different ways on either side of the car....now my OCD is making me twitch

I resisted for over 7 months when service offered to place the decal...then one day I broke down and said put it on...I have a white touring and the decal has grown on me and also drew positive comments from those talking to me about the car and brand...I hadn't realized until this thread that the bears face different ways on either side of the car....now my OCD is making me twitch
I've always liked the bears. But I like bears - California ones or not. But they really should have done a driver side and opposite passenger side stick so that they both face forward. The placement cutouts for positioning it on the two sides of the car are different, so you know they thought about it.

The different directions are by design. The California Bear is ALWAYS facing to the West. It's a neat story to tell while discussing the car with curious potential buyers.

I've always liked the bears. But I like bears - California ones or not. But they really should have done a driver side and opposite passenger side stick so that they both face forward. The placement cutouts for positioning it on the two sides of the car are different, so you know they thought about it.
They're not different. Each side is placed using a template that lines up with each lower and upper fender. This is how I can't understand how people were applying them crooked.

I told informed that the bear was taken from the bear on the California's state flag. It always looks to the left.
This is true.

Think of it as the bear walking around the car (which was Peter's goal, firsthand). It bothers me less that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back